Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Are you ready for some Football???? AAF style??

Make the New Jersey Generals Great Again!

I'm all for another League, but why does it always looks and feels the same? I think It would help give them credibility if they had ex NFL players that have names you've actually heard of. I was surprised see Mike Martz Coaching though.

Also the Team Names & Logos all look like they were created by the same Graphics company. 

Watched the 1st half.

The barely no commercials was great. Very quick pace.

what a disaster. Football was gross.

57 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I'm all for another League, but why does it always looks and feels the same? I think It would help give them credibility if they had ex NFL players that have names you've actually heard of. I was surprised see Mike Martz Coaching though.

Sorry but I don't get this post.  One, there are leagues with a different look/feel -- Arena and the offshoots.  Two, there were ex-NFLers -- Brian Oliver, Trent Richardson off the top of my head.

IMO the NFL is trying to create a development league while trying to test out some potential rule changes.  And they are giving these guys a shot to get back into the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Sorry but I don't get this post.  One, there are leagues with a different look/feel -- Arena and the offshoots.  Two, there were ex-NFLers -- Brian Oliver, Trent Richardson off the top of my head.

IMO the NFL is trying to create a development league while trying to test out some potential rule changes.  And they are giving these guys a shot to get back into the NFL.

I should have said, "At first glance all these Leagues have the same look & feel". I've only watch a half hour so far. 

It is pretty surprising that Hackenberg, 1, was even drafted, 2, any one would expect him to be any good.  

watched some last night, not bad for the 1st week.  

So Krappernick did show interest and demanded $20 million to play.  All other players have 3 year, $250,000 contracts. Sh!tbag

15 hours ago, Fireballer said:

So Krappernick did show interest and demanded $20 million to play.  All other players have 3 year, $250,000 contracts. Sh!tbag

You do realize that he could not take a regular deal, right?  He has a pending lawsuit against the NFL that is for huge money.  If he takes another job, all of that money comes right off the top of any award that he receives because it reduces his damages.  I am sure his lawyers told him that playing for anything less than $20m is not going to be worth it for him.  

9 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

You do realize that he could not take a regular deal, right?  He has a pending lawsuit against the NFL that is for huge money.  If he takes another job, all of that money comes right off the top of any award that he receives because it reduces his damages.  I am sure his lawyers told him that playing for anything less than $20m is not going to be worth it for him.  

That's assuming he's going to win a lawsuit... which I doubt he does.

10 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Yeah, hearing krap and tebow. Surprised not colt McCoy.

Colt McCoy is already on a NFL roster...

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's assuming he's going to win a lawsuit... which I doubt he does.

I kind of think he is going to win.  

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

I kind of think he is going to win.  

I don't see how he does.  Granted, I have a very small knowledge of Collusion lawsuits, but from what I've heard, Kaepernick would have to prove that all 32 owners agreed to not sign him.  Not only do I not think that happened, I don't think he's got a snowballs chance in hell in proving that it did happen.

29 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't see how he does.  Granted, I have a very small knowledge of Collusion lawsuits, but from what I've heard, Kaepernick would have to prove that all 32 owners agreed to not sign him.  Not only do I not think that happened, I don't think he's got a snowballs chance in hell in proving that it did happen.

yeah, I really have basis for it, other than thinking the owners are scum.  overall I think the owners collude often.  there are reports of MLB owners colluding regarding the current free agent market.  

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

yeah, I really have basis for it, other than thinking the owners are scum.  overall I think the owners collude often.  there are reports of MLB owners colluding regarding the current free agent market.  

They collude 100% of the time when it comes to contracts.  Are they scum for it?   The players never seem to mind.  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

They collude 100% of the time when it comes to contracts.  Are they scum for it?   The players never seem to mind.  :dunno:

I don't follow...

Tom Dundon, the owner of the NHL’s Carolina Hurricanes invested $250 million into AAF this week

• Like 1

Was there a week 2?