Sign in to follow this  
LotsOfMonkeys

2019?

Seems like this league was in doubt pretty much right up until the NFL preseason last year. What's the prognosis this year?

If we play, I'm definitely in. But I'm just wondering how much effort I should put in.

Considering I was the #1 seed, would have defeated either team on the other side of the bracket in the semi-final and had the most points scored during championship week........

......I'm still in. 

I will be back if the majority owners return. If there is a major overhaul of owners I will probably bail.

Eventually I hope to cut down the number of leagues that I am in, I barely pay attention to football anymore.  I will not be the person to quit any of them though, I will keep half assing it as long as the leagues have me.

My football energy is way down and I no longer do I feel as 'shark' as I did for all those many years. Compared to where I was before,  weighing every nugget of info every week as it comes out, I feel like I'm going through the motions. Free Agents slip by me because I'd taken too long to check in for updates, despite having prime picking location due to my mediocre record, something that would never happen before.

But I also feel far less pissed off/betrayed at the NFL than I was two seasons ago when things went south with the kneeling.

Years ago, everybody used rotoworld for FF news, then the site got bought out and went to a paywall. The former owner got pissed off and went and formed rotowire, at least that's my understanding of how things went down based on very old, memory-straining, possibly incorrect information. So now, history repeats, rotowire is behind a half-paywall which I just found out about today. Hopefully history repeats a second time as people flock away from rotowire to a new site as they did to rotoworld all those years ago.

On 2/22/2019 at 10:23 AM, Voltaire said:

My football energy is way down and I no longer do I feel as 'shark' as I did for all those many years. Compared to where I was before,  weighing every nugget of info every week as it comes out, I feel like I'm going through the motions. Free Agents slip by me because I'd taken too long to check in for updates, despite having prime picking location due to my mediocre record, something that would never happen before.

But I also feel far less pissed off/betrayed at the NFL than I was two seasons ago when things went south with the kneeling.

Years ago, everybody used rotoworld for FF news, then the site got bought out and went to a paywall. The former owner got pissed off and went and formed rotowire, at least that's my understanding of how things went down based on very old, memory-straining, possibly incorrect information. So now, history repeats, rotowire is behind a half-paywall which I just found out about today. Hopefully history repeats a second time as people flock away from rotowire to a new site as they did to rotoworld all those years ago.

so, you're in?

Yes. I feel less conflicted than I did this time last year.

• Like 2

I’m in but If the plan is to stay on MFL I’m not up for paying it anymore, hardly seems worth it when only half the league logs in on a week-to-week basis. If the activity picks up I’ll pay the fee for 2020.

Also want to add if we decide to use ESPN/CBS or whatever it may be, I’m still extremely interested in being in the league and I don’t mind doing the roster migration myself one afternoon at work. Just let me know what’s up. 

I'm fine with moving to Yahoo or ESPN, I have no allegiances to MFL.

i like mfl, but i also like saving money.

On 4/5/2019 at 4:55 PM, worm said:

I'm fine with moving to Yahoo or ESPN, I have no allegiances to MFL.

Just waiting on word from Volty at this point. 

On 4/10/2019 at 3:04 AM, iam90sbaby said:

Just waiting on word from Volty at this point. 

OK. I'm more familiar with yahoo but it's been a few years. Does anybody have experience with ESPN?

11 hours ago, Voltaire said:

OK. I'm more familiar with yahoo but it's been a few years. Does anybody have experience with ESPN?

I’m fine with Yahoo or ESPN. We used espn in a league im in for work, was pretty good. Not sure how it would work with keepers and all our leagues settings. 

I’ll be back if you guys will still have me. My team was pretty bad but my QBs are in good shape and my RB situation should be much improved - but not great. Still lots of work to be done.

Im willing to throw $20 towards keeping it on MFL- I like that site.

I haven't used yahoo or espn in years. I think the main draw back for both platforms for dynasty purposes was that they didn't support draft pick trading and that leagues didn't carry over from year to year. So you have to manually load rosters every year.  If they've addressed these issues then I suppose either would be fine. Or if the commissioner is willing to do the work to keep track of stuff manually.

There are other options for free leagues. I play in a couple leagues on Fleaflicker. Its not the most aesthetically pleasing platform and has a few quirks. Also there is no app. I use their mobile site on my phone and it isn't awful IMO but I know this is a big sticking point for some. It does have a dark theme though which I like. 

There is also a newish platform called sleeperbot. I've read mixed reviews on it.  I think most of the complaints are for issues arising in non typical leagues. In a vanilla league like this one I believe SB would probably be sufficient. I haven't actually used it myself though. So I could be completely wrong about that.  They do have a functioning app though and a very responsive development team. 

I played on NFL.com years ago in some redraft leagues. I don't remember much about it. It might be worth looking into. 

We may have to worry about shotsup. The guy posted regularly for years then two months ago, suddenly stopped. It could be something horrible but then it also could be nothing. He wouldn't be the first to get ground down by the Geek Club, 29 Guests doesn't post there anymore but he always finds his way back come draft time (except the year Houston flooded when he showed up a week late, poor bastard).

On 2/13/2019 at 4:12 PM, MTSkiBum said:

I will be back if the majority owners return. If there is a major overhaul of owners I will probably bail.

Eventually I hope to cut down the number of leagues that I am in, I barely pay attention to football anymore.  I will not be the person to quit any of them though, I will keep half assing it as long as the leagues have me.

Still this. If there is a lot of turnover i will bail, if everyone or 13 owners returns i will be back.

lets figure something out, i gots some trade offers to send.

2 hours ago, taco breath said:

lets figure something out, i gots some trade offers to send.

Sorry if you have posted this before, what is your other handle? Shotsup?

40 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

what is your other handle? Shotsup?

nope, guess again. 

37 minutes ago, taco breath said:

nope, guess again. 

Rockford?

On 5/2/2019 at 1:57 PM, MTSkiBum said:

Rockford?

Still hasn't revealed himself...

when is the draft?

The draft is the Monday after the second to last week of the preseason.

15 hours ago, Voltaire said:

thanks man,  im in and stoked for the season.

to clarify, my rockford alias got banned for c0ck pics, but i have at least 2 more so its all good.

On 6/26/2019 at 12:24 AM, Voltaire said:

Okay so which platform are we using?

On 6/27/2019 at 11:47 PM, iam90sbaby said:

Okay so which platform are we using?

For the draft, MFL then I’ll transfer the results... somewhere. Yahoo would work. The only person who disliked Yahoo was Gary, and he’s not in the league anymore.

Shotsup has fallen off the side of the planet or been abducted by aliens or finally come to his senses and stopped posting in the Geek Club or something. We’re likely going to have to replace him; maybe football season will bring him back around  like it does every year with guys like 12Guests.

On 7/2/2019 at 11:07 AM, Voltaire said:

For the draft, MFL then I’ll transfer the results... somewhere. Yahoo would work. The only person who disliked Yahoo was Gary, and he’s not in the league anymore.

Shotsup has fallen off the side of the planet or been abducted by aliens or finally come to his senses and stopped posting in the Geek Club or something. We’re likely going to have to replace him; maybe football season will bring him back around  like it does every year with guys like 12Guests.

Alright Volty, sounds good. Let me know if you need help with anything 

Do you have to renew the MFL league to do the draft?

12 hours ago, worm said:

Do you have to renew the MFL league to do the draft?

No. 

Well, Yes I guess technically, I have to renew it but I can do that for free.

Maybe I'll go do that now.

I'll be here. I'll be on vacation 8/2-8/8.

are we going to be able to trade before and during the draft?

there is currently no option and it looks like the rosters havent loaded in the 2019 version.