Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Kareem Hunt signed by Brownies - 8 Game Suspension

Browns owner to GM:  “We’ve been getting positive press for the first time in a decade. What can we do to reverse this”.  

GM:  “I have an idea....”

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Browns owner to GM:  “We’ve been getting positive press for the first time in a decade. What can we do to reverse this”.  

GM:  “I have an idea....”

Positive press comes from winning.  Someone was going to sign Hunt.

Now this means Johnson or Chubb get moved during the draft.

44 minutes ago, BobSanders_33 said:

Positive press comes from winning.  Someone was going to sign Hunt.

Now this means Johnson or Chubb get moved during the draft.

I mean yeah maybe.  Probably duke fot peanuts.  Its a 1 year deal so not like it changes the whole dynamics of the team.  

Wouldnt make any sense to trade Chubb unless they dont think highly of him.

31 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I mean yeah maybe.  Probably duke fot peanuts.  Its a 1 year deal so not like it changes the whole dynamics of the team.  

Wouldnt make any sense to trade Chubb unless they dont think highly of him.

Unless I'm missing something, this contract could be for 10 games or less. It's a one year deal and he'll be suspended for a good portion of that. He'll be a restricted free agent, so I guess the Browns get the ability to match an offer but is it worth the bad press?

1 hour ago, Brutal Brutus said:

Unless I'm missing something, this contract could be for 10 games or less. It's a one year deal and he'll be suspended for a good portion of that. He'll be a restricted free agent, so I guess the Browns get the ability to match an offer but is it worth the bad press?

I'm guessing they could cut him if they want. I think it smart they nabbed him. 

The Browns and Chiefs have the 2 top young elite QBs in the AFC and are both young rising powers.  They are going to be a huge rivalry next decade and this only adds more sauce.  Should be fun to watch. Baker Mayfield gives attitude and now with Hunt on board, they seem primed to be villains in this rivalry.

I'd like to see how many games Hunt will get suspended. If they get a decent wr this offence will be legit.

The only thing I can think of is they're trying to create a Kamara/Ingram-type scenario in Cleveland.  Probably not a bad idea (from a football standpoint, not a morality standpoint) considering how well it worked for New Orleans.

I think Chubb is a better player.  

Hunt is very good, but playing with the Chiefs I think indeed helped him. 

I think this move is very interesting based on my opening statement about Chubb. 

4 hours ago, Raider 84 said:

I'd like to see how many games Hunt will get suspended. If they get a decent wr this offence will be legit.

That offense should rack up close to 400 points next year if they add nothing.  If Dorsey continues to evaluate talent well and finds another good WR in the draft or trade or free agency, it probably goes over 400.

15 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

As a Chubb owner this kind of sucks. 

It probably wont impact you next season...maybe after if they even keep him.  He could be a stash and trade once the heat is off.

Chubb owners just hope for a nice lengthy suspension to be known before draft time. Hopefully then Hunt can be drafted late and stashed by Chubb owner. 

When Hunt plays, if he is still in Cleveland, it turns Chubb into a Sony Michel role.

Chubb turns into the lead rb for the Patriots? 

so browns can ride a solid back field of chubb and Duke and get a rested hunt back for 2nd half, he either gels well with chubb and they could have a great rb combo the next season or he plays well and the browsn can off load one for picks to strenghen a team that already looks good 

Wow this really hurts the value of the Chubb.  

Hard to rank him based on he will in a RBBC near the end of ff season and into the playoffs.   

I have him in a keeper league where we keep 4. TD only for scoring. I have to keep him and try and get Chubb to cover the early part of the season. If he were 4 years older?? I think I would let him go.

Nice, I like where this is going. Let's temper expectations for Chubb and keep his value low. If he is there in round 3 I will be ready to pounce!

13 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Hunt gets 8-game suspension. He's not going to appeal.

Hunt has been doing all the right things since day 1. He has been keeping quiet. Instantly went out and sought help. And now he is just accepting his punishment. Good deal for the Browns and for Hunt.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:01 PM, sderk said:

Hunt has been doing all the right things since day 1. He has been keeping quiet. Instantly went out and sought help. And now he is just accepting his punishment. Good deal for the Browns and for Hunt.

or his agent told him what to do to get out of this mess, and he actually listened.

I suppose the fact he went and got help and took some responsibility is at least something.   

but when you have multi million dollars in incentives, it is hard to say if hes changed, or if he just wants the money.

8 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

or his agent told him what to do to get out of this mess, and he actually listened.

I suppose the fact he went and got help and took some responsibility is at least something.   

but when you have multi million dollars in incentives, it is hard to say if hes changed, or if he just wants the money.

I have no idea if he is changed. But plenty of players have done worse than what he did who didn't even come close to to at least pretending to act like they care. And I am sure there are a lot guys out there that come across nice in front of the camera but are jerks off the camera. Just like actors, I don't care to know anything about their personal lives. Half the time it ruins the entertainment. I just want criminals prosecuted if they are criminals.

2 hours ago, sderk said:

I have no idea if he is changed. But plenty of players have done worse than what he did who didn't even come close to to at least pretending to act like they care. And I am sure there are a lot guys out there that come across nice in front of the camera but are jerks off the camera. Just like actors, I don't care to know anything about their personal lives. Half the time it ruins the entertainment. I just want criminals prosecuted if they are criminals.

done worse?   than beating a defenseless 3 year old child?  

certainly there are worse things out there, but I cannot think of many things short of murder and rape that top that.   I'd say it's pretty high up on the list man.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

done worse?   than beating a defenseless 3 year old child?  

certainly there are worse things out there, but I cannot think of many things short of murder and rape that top that.   I'd say it's pretty high up on the list man.

So he wasn't imprisoned for that?

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

So he wasn't imprisoned for that?

for hurting his 3 year old child?  not yet.   but the story just broke, so there is time for something to happen there.

18 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

for hurting his 3 year old child?  not yet.   but the story just broke, so there is time for something to happen there.

If it comes out he is guilty. Put him in prison. I'm all for it. For what happened in that hotel? The chick was just as guilty of simply acting like a stupid college kid. Embarrassing more than anything else.  

She didn’t deserve to me kicked for acting childish. 

40 minutes ago, weepaws said:

She didn’t deserve to me kicked for acting childish. 

Yeah. She did. He didn't deserve to have her continually having her jump into his face when he tried walking away from her.

And that "kick", was more like a push with his foot. That chick had every single opportunity to just get on the elevator and leave and stop getting in someone's face about whatever she was going on about for like a half an hour. Maybe longer.

i think comparing Hunts actions to what hill has been accused of difficult to do they are in diffrent leauges, Hunts i can accpt getting a 2nd chance but causing harm to a 3 YO is a diffrent level and no one shuld be allowed to keep ajob that puts them in the public eye and get paid well after that, ( if he is guilty, no one has the facts yet ) 

• Like 1

Would agree one can’t compare what they did  

But one can say without question both those men where wrong in what they did do, if indeed Hill is found to be guilty 

On 3/15/2019 at 11:46 AM, weepaws said:

Wow this really hurts the value of the Chubb.  

Hard to rank him based on he will in a RBBC near the end of ff season and into the playoffs.   

I don't know.  I think it's pretty easy.  I'd put him as an RB3.

Maybe. 

But he will have atleast time to be as high as a rb1 until Hunt returns. 

So during that period of the season he might be worthy of a rb1 ranking, or at least a rb2. 

So it’s not easy.