Sign in to follow this  
sderk

2013 Jeep Wrangler Recall notice

"The front passenger airbag inflator on your vehicle may contain a propellant that degraded after prolonged exposure to high absolute humidity, high temperatures and high temperature cycling.…..An inflator explosion may cause metal fragments to pass through the air bag and into the vehicle interior at high speed, which may result in injury or death to vehicle occupants.

Thanks Jeep for sending me this info through the US mail rather than giving me a head's up phone call.

They will be glad to fix it at no cost other than my personal time, but didn't offer a tow. So I guess I just drive it to the dealer and hope for the best. :)

That's because they just added them to the already existant Takata airbag recall. 

Automakers have added more than 1.7 million vehicles in the U.S. to the list of those that should have their Takata airbag inflators replaced.

Those vehicles are part of the largest and most complex automotive recall in U.S. history, covering 50 million airbag inflators in 37 million vehicles from 19 manufacturers, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-recalls-defects/takata-airbag-recall-adds-more-vehicles/

2 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

they should recall the licenses of all the dooshies that drive those things. hth.

3aTTAxQ.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

they should recall the licenses of all the dooshies that drive those things. hth.

As all the porkies in the world run around in their PT Cruisers. 😂

Just now, porkbutt said:

pt cruisers > jeeps. go put some multicolor LED's in your front grill ya homo

Hahaha. pt cruiser  driving 16 year girl calls someone else a homo. Keep up the good work porky.

8 minutes ago, sderk said:

Hahaha. pt cruiser  driving 16 year girl calls someone else a homo. Keep up the good work porky.

you have a jeep by proof of this thread. i don't have a pt cruiser. wouldn't be caught dead in either. my daughter is 11 and wants a pink jeep when she can drive. what does that tell you? do you have a "it's a jeep thing" tire cover?

57 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

you have a jeep by proof of this thread. i don't have a pt cruiser. wouldn't be caught dead in either. my daughter is 11 and wants a pink jeep when she can drive. what does that tell you? do you have a "it's a jeep thing" tire cover?

Yeah, your 11 year old girl friend has better taste in vehicles than you porky. I get it. Not sure why you keep digging deeper here.

I guess this is more your style. And in your price range.

s-l300.jpg

Tom Brady and the deflator were just trying to keep players from having metal fragments kill them.  PLAYER SAFETY GOAT!