Sign in to follow this  
SenatorRock

El Paso loves Trump

Wow, 10,000 inside, 20,000 outside.

These Hispanics love Trump.

Dems on suicide watch.

CNN won't show one clip of this rally, too many women and minorities cheering on Trump and America.

2020 campaign started and ended on 2/11/2019.

KAG

• Like 1

I love that the mayor and damn near the whole town owned him on his absolute bullshit lies during the State of the Union about El Paso. He tried to claim the crime went down as soon as I put the wall up. Except for the fact that crime is down and then when they put the wall up crime went up. Stupid motherflicker. Doesn't he know that those facts are going to be checked?

Of course he does. But he also knows that his moron followers will believe anything he says. And even when he's got bald faced lying, they don't give a damn. Real intellectual Bunch there.

dunno what you are talking about Wiff

https://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/texas/el-paso.html

shows crime rates going down every year

these are actual statistics.

but then you find crazy articles like this

https://kfoxtv.com/news/local/kfox14-examines-texas-ags-statement-of-el-paso-crime-rate-decreasing-due-to-wall

where they say there was only 310 cases of violent crime in 2010

The amount of willful ignorance around here. Jesus, even the mayor called Trump out.

Violent crime has been dropping in El Paso since its modern-day peak in 1993 and was at historic lows before a fence was authorized by Congress in 2006. Violent crime actually ticked up during the border fence's construction and after its completion, according to police data collected by the FBI.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/feb/08/donald-trump/no-border-barrier-did-not-drive-down-crime-el-paso/

here just read this and then look at their pretty chart half way down with the blue dots

then read the bottom line under it

FBI said El Paso Police Department changed reporting practices in 2005, 2006, so figures are not comparable to previous years' data.

20 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

If we believe the El Paso Police, Beto had the bigger crowd tonight. :dunno:

So what? He's not getting the nomination.  

46 minutes ago, RaiderHater's Revenge said:

and then you post a link that shows nothing

I did google El Paso crime and followed the first link that I posted

Nice selectiveness. Now, search ad I told you to, biitch.

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I searched as you said, saw leftist site politifact, went to it and it confirmed what Trump said, Crime is down since the wall, and you quote statistics from 1993 when it was at its high, but even your leftist politifact says that the violent crime reporting was determined differently starting in 05.  from 08 to present the number has decreased.  FACT

https://infogram.com/1pnj9m797pgzgmuzw7lx326xeqimvyjlpxp

1 hour ago, RaiderHater's Revenge said:

and then you post a link that shows nothing

I did google El Paso crime and followed the first link that I posted

• Haha 1

The border city of El Paso, Texas used to have extremely high rates of violent crime -- one of the highest in the entire country, and considered one of our nation's most dangerous cities," the president argued in his State of the Union address. "Now, immediately upon its building, with a powerful barrier in place, El Paso is one of the safest cities in our country. Simply put: Walls work, and walls save lives."

The argument has a certain simplistic appeal: the border city was incredibly dangerous, then it got a wall, and now it's incredibly safe. Ergo, border walls are effective at improving security.

The problem, of course, is that Trump either has no idea what he's talking point or he assumes you're easily fooled.

According to law enforcement data, the city had low crime rates well before a border barrier was constructed between 2008 and mid-2009.

Violent crime has been dropping in El Paso since its modern-day peak in 1993 and was at historic lows before a fence was authorized by Congress in 2006. Violent crime actually ticked up during the border fence's construction and after its completion, according to police data collected by the FBI.

6 hours ago, SenatorRock said:

I'll take the opinion of the experts, Border Patrol and ICE, over a mayor and fake news media when it comes to border security.

so, just to be clear, you also do not take the word of a TDS enraged weirdo on a low rent message board?

8 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I love that the mayor and damn near the whole town owned him on his absolute bullshit lies during the State of the Union about El Paso. He tried to claim the crime went down as soon as I put the wall up. Except for the fact that crime is down and then when they put the wall up crime went up. Stupid motherflicker. Doesn't he know that those facts are going to be checked?

Of course he does. But he also knows that his moron followers will believe anything he says. And even when he's got bald faced lying, they don't give a damn. Real intellectual Bunch there.

Not saying youre not right about crime, but take it with a grain of salt.  Both sides can frame crime stats to their liking.

26 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

so, just to be clear, you also do not take the word of a TDS enraged weirdo on a low rent message board?

How about the actual mayor of the city calling out Trump on his bullshiit?

The numbers are pretty fuccking clear. The only thing is, where the hell is Trump getting his bullshiit numbers?

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

The only thing is, where the hell is Trump getting his bullshiit numbers?

Bullsh!t usually comes from CNN, MSNBC, NYT. Have you looked there?

Also, your credibility posting 'FACT CHECKING' took a knockout punch the other night with your SOTU checks.

9iUSj6g.gif

45 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

How about the actual mayor of the city calling out Trump on his bullshiit?

The numbers are pretty fuccking clear. The only thing is, where the hell is Trump getting his bullshiit numbers?

Filthy and Rock have already taken you down regarding your "fact checking" posts.  You need me to post a link?  Or maybe you could just scroll up when you're lucid enough to do it?

10 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Not saying youre not right about crime, but take it with a grain of salt.  Both sides can frame crime stats to their liking.

Those that know, know. Those that don't, dont. 

On 2/12/2019 at 7:22 AM, Fireballer said:

He's is directly quoting (but not attributing) MSNBC.  He has no clue about what has happened in El Paso.