Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Shoes from Katy Perry's fashion line are reportedly being pulled from stores after people accused them of resembling blackface

Recommended Posts

Is it time to physically beat up the lefties?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/shoes-from-katy-perrys-fashion-line-are-reportedly-being-pulled-from-stores-after-people-accused-them-of-resembling-blackface/ar-BBTsx19?ocid=ientp

I guess even black people hate black shoes now? Or is it white democrats that hate black shoes? I'm so confused. White face is ok and black face is forbidden?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't understand how these companies work. They have employees who spend time dreaming up this ugly crap. The have a committee or board that OK's it, and then they spend millions producing this garbage. How do these people have their jobs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying they should pull them but I laughed. Cause those really do look like blackface. Lol wtf were they thinking?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Not saying they should pull them but I laughed. Cause those really do look like blackface. Lol wtf were they thinking?

Best guess, it was business so they were being rational, when you are rational you cannot account for the endless nuances of the SJW Klan.....being offended is a full time job for some folks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look badly homemade. They also look exactly like what one would make if instructed to make a blackface shoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, frank said:

They look badly homemade. They also look exactly like what one would make if instructed to make a blackface shoe

Exactly. What were they thinking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Best guess, it was business so they were being rational, when you are rational you cannot account for the endless nuances of the SJW Klan.....being offended is a full time job for some folks...

I could have told them they look like black face. Now I also would have said they look like the ugliest shoes I have ever seen, but those shoes have probably provided more money in sales than I have made in a lifetime 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I could have told them they look like black face. Now I also would have said they look like the ugliest shoes I have ever seen, but those shoes have probably provided more money in sales than I have made in a lifetime 

I think I might have called it out as well myself, which is sad, I hate it that we allow ourselves to be held hostage by the whining of others....  :wall:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't they be looked at proudly? Why does everything have to be an attack?

Focking loons.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More faux outrage by the Left?  I didn't notice any "White face" shoe... how come they're only calling out the black shoe?  Why not address the beige, i.e, Hispanic, Native American, Indian shaded shoe?  Why?  Because they really don't actually care.  Black is an easier attempt to point out racism... racism that doesn't actually exist.

 

The fact that those shoes were completely stupid and ugly is just fodder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, MDC said:

Exactly. What were they thinking?

Who says they didn’t do it on purpose for the surge in traffic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

When is the bonfire?  I want to throw inanimate objects and books into it.

 

Hey-yeah....i dislike maroon 5...errrr...am offended by Maroon 5, everyone now has to throw their copies of Maroon 5 anything into the fire....wooohoooo:overhead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Hey-yeah....i dislike maroon 5...errrr...am offended by Maroon 5, everyone now has to throw their copies of Maroon 5 anything into the fire....wooohoooo:overhead:

How dare you voice your displeasure with Maroon 5? I am going to whine and cry online about your whining and crying! 😢 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MDC said:

How dare you voice your displeasure with Maroon 5? I am going to whine and cry online about your whining and crying! 😢 

Dambit....   :wall:

Uhmm, ok, then you are a.....uhh...sexist?   Hold on, I am not good at this label thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDC said:

Not saying they should pull them but I laughed. Cause those really do look like blackface. Lol wtf were they thinking?

This. I could care less about whether they are sold or pulled or whatever........but I clicked on the link expecting to roll my eyes, but instead I thought "Wow. Those are the most blackface ever."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those should be pulled for looking focking stupid.  Who the fock would buy those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

Dambit....   :wall:

Uhmm, ok, then you are a.....uhh...sexist?   Hold on, I am not good at this label thing...

Don’t sell yourself short: You are GREAT at labeling. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frank said:

They look badly homemade. They also look exactly like what one would make if instructed to make a blackface shoe

 

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Who says they didn’t do it on purpose for the surge in traffic?

Gotta be it, right?  Trying to drum up some free pub for a remarkably unattractive shoe.  :dunno:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Well, it's not like he's actually been keeping it a secret.  This is a guy who wanted to bake a cake shaped like Sho's cack

That’s sick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

More faux outrage by the Left?  I didn't notice any "White face" shoe... how come they're only calling out the black shoe?  Why not address the beige, i.e, Hispanic, Native American, Indian shaded shoe?  Why?  Because they really don't actually care.  Black is an easier attempt to point out racism... racism that doesn't actually exist.

 

The fact that those shoes were completely stupid and ugly is just fodder.

 

55 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

What about the whiteface ones?

Nobody ever wore whiteface to denigrate an entire group of people...HTH.   

 

ETA---I think they look more like Mr Potatohead shoes...I don't see it myself.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

 

Gotta be it, right?  Trying to drum up some free pub for a remarkably unattractive shoe.  :dunno:

It’s definitely what they did. People that think that was a oppsie didn’t mean to are naive. They have backlinks on every major media outlet now and their SERPA score has surely gone up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You're the one who was asked for the cake.  🤷‍♂️

I bet he let Sho bare back him. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

 

Nobody ever wore whiteface to denigrate an entire group of people...HTH.   

 

ETA---I think they look more like Mr Potatohead shoes...I don't see it myself.  

My point was that there was no "white" shoe.  Meaning, they only focused on the black one and not the brown (beige) - what have you, color.  Implying that only "black face" is racist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You're the one who was asked for the cake.  If the shoe fits...  🤷‍♂️

Got a link? This sounds like your wet dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

 

Nobody ever wore whiteface to denigrate an entire group of people...HTH.   

 

ETA---I think they look more like Mr Potatohead shoes...I don't see it myself.  

In a predominantly black neighborhood near where I grew up, a lot of the people there put black lawn jockey's in their front yards but painted their faces white.  ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Some of the ugliest shoes I've ever seen. So ugly that if Katy were wearing those nekkid, I'd only be able to pork her once...........maybe twice.

I was thinking that too.  Who would wear them ugly azz shoes....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The fact that those shoes were completely stupid and ugly is just fodder.

i think they are cute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, they blatantly do look like blackface caricatures. I was prepared to go in and see a big reach but this is pretty spot on. Whoever greenlit those designs is dumb and asking for trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×