sderk

Antonio Brown says goodbye to Steelers fans

How dumb is this guy? Maybe he and Bell can hang out next season in Florida?

"The NFL’s reigning Drama King is at it again: on Tuesday, Antonio Brown posted a one-minute video on his Instagram and Twitter accounts saying goodbye to Pittsburgh Steelers fans. For the record, he’s still part of the team."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/king-drama-antonio-brown-says-goodbye-steelers-fans-hes-still-part-team-180533906.html

On Twitter, Brown wrote, “Thank you SteelerNation for a big 9 years…time to move on and forward……,” he used the peace sign emoji, frequently used to signify someone leaving, and the hashtag “NewDemands.”

He’s a very prideful person. 

Another reason why it’s just to early to value players for ff. 

Hey thanks, another fantastic tread. 

Raiders or Niners. 

49ers or possibly Seattle. Problem is, aside from the obvious stuff, does his contract drop from 14 million to 7 million in 2021? I'm not positive, but if that is true, could be hold out time in a year or two.

7 hours ago, sderk said:

49ers or possibly Seattle. itroblem is, aside from the obvious stuff, does his contract drop from 14 million to 7 million in 2021? I'm not positive, but if that is true, could be hold out time in a year or two.

Seattle wont do It. They're gonna pay Frank Clark big bucks this year. And then next year both Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner are do.

And even though they are In good shape cap wise. They still have to deal with Cam Chancellors contract this year, and maybe some dead money from It still next year to.

I have seen some local chatter that green bay may toss their hat in the ring and make a play for him. As a packer fan, I'd love to see it from a talent standpoint. But don't see how the prima donna act will work with Rodgers and Adams already being the big names in town.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I heard on NFL that not only does Brown want to be traded, he also wants a new deal from the team he's traded too.

given that he has proven to be easy to work with, this should not give any potential suitors reason to pause....

GB typically doesn't trade for players. They generally build through the draft. It couldn't hurt to put some weapons around Rodgers. 

6 hours ago, Raider 84 said:

GB typically doesn't trade for players. They generally build through the draft. It couldn't hurt to put some weapons around Rodgers. 

I don't think Brown would work with Rodgers and the Pack. Rodgers wouldn't put up with the crap Brown throws out there.

Maybe N.O.?

ESPN

The Antonio Brown trade saga is getting much-needed clarity after the All-Pro receiver met with Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II on Tuesday.

Brown tweeted that both sides "agreed that it is time to move on." 

Brown's agent Drew Rosenhaus joined the meeting, as did Steelers GM Kevin Colbert and executive Omar Khan, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The meeting was cordial and "everyone agreed the trade will be for the best," a source told Schefter.

I think Brown is only doing this stuff so that no team would trade for him - forcing the Steelers to just cut him so that he can go where he wants.

I think he’s doing it because he feels like he can and will get away with it. 

He sees himself above the nfl and without him the game will stop. 

I think this guy will be trouble for any team he ends up playing for.   I certainly wouldnt guarantee more than 1 or 2 years of any contract for a 30 year old guy.   And if he is going from Rothlisberger as QB, I"m betting he wont play at the same level because I dont think the QB on any of the interested team compares to him.   So AB may well have a decline in stats, then have a hissy fit because hes not doing what he thinks he should be doing.   He will blame the coach, or the O/C or the QB (or all 3) and it will be a circus.    

That being said, if he thinks hes gonna screw over his team to force them to cut him....  the team has already shown by letting Bell sit that they wont respond favourably to this.  Bell is out about 14 Mil and now he finally gets to be a free agent.  If the Steelers do suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team I really wouldn't blame them.   Then AB can sit like Bell did.

at the end of the day, it would not surprise me to see the Steelers do this very thing.

If AB thinks he can get away with this, man he is sorely mistaken.

Either AB has gone full TO doing sit ups on the front lawn for the reporters crazy or he's deliberately trying to pull down his value in order to limit what the Steelers can get for him. 

If I'm running a club with the cap space and a need at wr and happen to see his twitter feed or tv interviews I'm not signing him to sweep floors at minimum wage much less catch footballs for $20 mil a year.

You never go full TO.

4 hours ago, tanatastic said:

AB is about to be a raider, it’s breaking now but nothing official.

AB to the Bills

Wow what a surprise. 

Cant wait to see the details. 

I've been following this soap opera all day on Twitter. I don't want any part of this clown, talent notwithstanding. The Raiders are in rebuild mode, which is embarrassing enough. Spending precious early round draft picks on a 31 year old WR, whdn you're in the middle of said rebuild, just screams of incompetence.

Stick to the process, stay with the rebuild. This is a move teams make when they are one or two players away. The Raiders need almost an entire new defense. We're sort of like the poor kid at Christmas, who wants the shiny new fire truck, but really needs pajamas and a new pair of socks. Right now Mr. Big Check needs to take his act to Buffalo and like it, lest he be forced to pay back his signing bonus. 

• Like 1

I wonder why Brown and Bell are both cutting their own throats with a players coach like Tomlin. Is Ben that big of a pain in the ass to deal with? Two guys going full Diva on the same team is odd, but it could also be coincidental. 

Buffalo is out according to Good Morning Football on the NFL channel.

This is what teams get for signing diva wrs to big contracts.  Love it.  Up next NYGs.  As you can see they are actively trading Odell.   They wont get good value if they trade him especially now.  But they should own up to their mistake and dump  him this offseason.

Still see him as a Raider

On 2/15/2019 at 12:37 PM, ralphster said:

Trade him to Buffalo for a coke & a smile.

drugs are illegal in the NFL

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Still see him as a Raider

Doesnt seem like a Mayock move.

He plays for team Kap.  He gets shunned for his behavior...files a collusion suit and makes 80 million

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Doesnt seem like a Mayock move.

It doesn't. I think he wants to show off his scouting prowess and savvy GM skills, which is the opposite of signing Brown.