Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

Joe Flacco traded to Denver

I hear for a mid round pick.  Probably a 4th, Denver has 2.

Dont understand the move for Denver.

7 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Is he better than Keenum at this point?

Probably but not by a ton.  I figured they would just keep Keenum and draft one.  Or if they dont like this years class ride Keenum to top 5 and pick one on next years stacked class.

They signed a career backup in Keenum to start.  Failed bad.  So the following year they go trade for a crappy vet QB.  

16 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I hear for a mid round pick.  Probably a 4th, Denver has 2.

Dont understand the move for Denver.

If they got a 4th for Flacco, that's straight theft right there.

This is perfect.  The Texans cut Demarius, Denver will resign him and tells him to go deep every play.  Flacco underthrows every deep ball and DT quits on every route so DT will be in PERFECT position to make the catch.  Next level thinking by GOAT Exec Elway.  The rest of you are playing checkers, losers.

• Haha 2

Just now, Frozenbeernuts said:

Elway kind of sucks at identifying qbs 

Tall, Big Arm.  That's his criteria

I am hearing this is the worst QB class in many years. Denver may have been better off punting another season. Flacco may be marginally better than Keemun but probably isn’t worth the 4th rounder. It’s not like he puts Denver in the hunt.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I am hearing this is the worst QB class in many years. Denver may have been better off punting another season.

That's what they're doing with this move.

1 minute ago, Kanil said:

That's what they're doing with this move.

Why deal a 4th rounder instead of letting Keemun play his deal out?

Baltimore won 2 Super Bowls. 

Dilfer and Flacco :lol:

Nice.  One less spot for Haskins to go to. Get Foles to J Ville now. 

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Why deal a 4th rounder instead of letting Keemun play his deal out?

Seems like making a move just to make a move.  Real bad imo.

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

I am hearing this is the worst QB class in many years. Denver may have been better off punting another season. Flacco may be marginally better than Keemun but probably isn’t worth the 4th rounder. It’s not like he puts Denver in the hunt.

It isnt a good class but not sure if it is historically bad.  Haskins has potential and certainly delivered in big games for Ohio St.  I mean I have been against thr college systems that produce huge stats with small QBs.  But I give on that.  Game has changed a ton. Murray could be really good with a good coach.  

Dont like Lock or Jones but they are 2nd round type talents who may get pushed up the board by QB needy teams.  

EJ Manuel draft was pretty bad off recent memory.  He was 1st QB taken at 16.

John elway is the quarterback whisperer. Just wait, he's going to trade Falco for Manning to the Gnats. Remember last time we had a Manning on the team? Magic baby just magic!  💞💞💞

Like I was saying in a different thread, Elway isn't very patient.  He's going to leave that team in the crapper when it's all said and done. Half the state is high all the time anyway. 

If true, prepare yourselves for just gobs of sacks....have fun with that

To defend away too much, but what really gets totaled is the influence the Joe Ellis has on all of this. Joe Ellis is responsible for our last black head coach who promptly get rid of r2 super bowl-winning coordinators. Dude is a freaking idiot. I weigh one to get rid of our last Rooney recipient last year but Ellis overrode him. So don't hang everything on Elway.

Joe Ellis has a great job. Make all the boneheaded moves. Let elway take the bullets. He's basically the Diick Cheney of the Denver Broncos.

34 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

It isnt a good class but not sure if it is historically bad.  Haskins has potential and certainly delivered in big games for Ohio St.  I mean I have been against thr college systems that produce huge stats with small QBs.  But I give on that.  Game has changed a ton. Murray could be really good with a good coach.  

Dont like Lock or Jones but they are 2nd round type talents who may get pushed up the board by QB needy teams.  

EJ Manuel draft was pretty bad off recent memory.  He was 1st QB taken at 16. 

Thanks a lot Doug Whaley you POS for that massive reach.  :mad:

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I love when know nothings talk like this. "You're hearing?" Someone in the know spoke to you about it, or you read that like everyone else? Good job sharing your inside dope with everyone. No bigger try hard than this guy. 

Anybody know what this HT character’s problem is? Dude seems frustrated. 

12 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Elway kind of sucks at identifying qbs 

His gamble of backing up the Brinks truck to Peyton Manning's house paid off. Coming off injury like that, he gambled the neck injury would be a non-issue and that Peyton still had juice in the tank.

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

His gamble of backing up the Brinks truck to Peyton Manning's house paid off. Coming off injury like that, he gambled the neck injury would be a non-issue and that Peyton still had juice in the tank.

Yeah that payed off. It was for an all time great though. Ever other qb he has had his hands on has been horrible

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yeah that payed off. It was for an all time great though. Ever other qb he has had his hands on has been horrible

THIS.

Manning, when they got him, was superior to Flacco when they got him.

I still cannot wrap my mind around this. I guess they wanted an under-the-center guy like Flacco instead of a Foles, but I would rather put Foles in a a less favorable position than put Flacco in at all......JMHO

Maybe I am getting my seasons wrong but wasn’t Manning awful the year the Broncos won the SB? I guess it worked in the sense that Peyton made Denver a contender but he didn’t really contribute to the title.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Maybe I am getting my seasons wrong but wasn’t Manning awful the year the Broncos won the SB? I guess it worked in the sense that Peyton made Denver a contender but he didn’t really contribute to the title.

He was awful in the SB and the season overall. Their D that year was ridiculously good.

Manning played 4 years for Denver.  The first 3 years were outstanding, the last year the def carried him.

It would be tough to label his time there anything other than a success.

Just now, Reality said:

Manning played 4 years for Denver.  The first 3 years were outstanding, the last year the def carried him.

It would be tough to label his time there anything other than a success.

No doubt just saying they likely would have won that SB with Flacco or Keenum begins center.

20 minutes ago, MDC said:

No doubt just saying they likely would have won that SB with Flacco or Keenum begins center.

I think this is true.  But I would also contend that the current iteration of that team will not be helped by the addition of Flacco, and would have been better served with keeping Keenum and drafting a QB.  JMHO