Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Awwww.... people are butt hurt over hunting. Gee whiz. Big surprise.

14 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Why? It's just part of game management. Trophy hunters are like any other hunter, just way more picky about what they put a bullet in. 

I have no problem with hunting if you want to eat what you kill. I also understand the need to control animal populations. 

Killing something simply so you can mount it on a wall is pathetic in my opinion. Long distance target shooting takes as much skill (or more depending on the distance). Competition shooting is more of a shooting sport than trophy hunting with a guide. There are other ways to scratch that itch if you need to. 

• Like 1

Just now, jerryskids said:

Can you shoot coyotes in AZ with impunity?  I ask because we've seen a few while hiking on South Mountain.  If you can it might be what puts me over the edge to finally get a sidearm.  👍

Why yes, yes you can.Year round.  Not where you're talking about though. I thought you were a firearm owner. Huh

11 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

I have no problem with hunting if you want to eat what you kill. I also understand the need to control animal populations. 

Killing something simply so you can mount it on a wall is pathetic in my opinion. Long distance target shooting takes as much skill (or more depending on the distance). Competition shooting is more of a shooting sport than trophy hunting with a guide. There are other ways to scratch that itch if you need to. 

It's illegal to not take the meat with you after a kill. It gets eaten. Trophy hunt or not 

Just now, sderk said:

When is open season for leftists? Just curious. 

It's been open season on conservatives for decades :dunno:

3 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Why yes, yes you can.Year round.  Not where you're talking about though. I thought you were a firearm owner. Huh

I support 2A but I don't own a firearm at the moment.  Part of it is my lack of desire to hunt as per an earlier thread about bird shooting today.  Another part is having teenage kids in the house.  That being said, we are a few months from being empty nesters, my wife has shown interest in learning more about firearms, and given our recent run-in with the coyotes (and another with a rattler), I may look into how we arm ourselves.  If confronted on South Mountain by coyotes, I have no problem shooting them and dealing with the consequences later.

so, one thing I've noticed in this thread is we're apparently all just assuming that this rare Rare fuking breed needs an active culling program?

all evidence to the contrary.

34 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I support 2A but I don't own a firearm at the moment.  Part of it is my lack of desire to hunt as per an earlier thread about bird shooting today.  Another part is having teenage kids in the house.  That being said, we are a few months from being empty nesters, my wife has shown interest in learning more about firearms, and given our recent run-in with the coyotes (and another with a rattler), I may look into how we arm ourselves.  If confronted on South Mountain by coyotes, I have no problem shooting them and dealing with the consequences later.

You'd be fine shooting a coyote in self defense, no different than defending yourself against a dog or human here in AZ. Definitely not on the same page with the teenagers in the house as an excuse to not own fire arms. I knew you supported the 2A though:)

1 hour ago, iam90sbaby said:

Had to look it up. He isn’t wrong... what the fock?

America’s the best. 

D751E0B4-D3A3-4F34-B705-F2861A91929E.jpeg

They are mayflies, not mosquitoes. I have a more detailed post on it. 

22 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

You'd be fine shooting a coyote in self defense, no different than defending yourself against a dog or human here in AZ. Definitely not on the same page with the teenagers in the house as an excuse to not own fire arms. I knew you supported the 2A though:)

The teenager part has to do with them not having fully developed frontal lobes, which I believe I mentioned in another thread.  That is basically the part of the brain that deals with rational decisions.  Our youngest (daughter, 17)  has Type 1 diabetes which is a biotch to deal with, I try to imagine but there is no way I can.  And they are all smart so they could figure out how to get access to a gun, even if we had it in a safe.  I feel better knowing it's not an option.  :cheers:

• Like 1

This guy is a tool. So is anyone who thinks it's cool to kill for the sake of killing and a photo op... The fact this clown thinks he accomplished some macho feat tells you all you need to know about him. 

To to call this hunting is an insult to the real hunters of the world. 

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The teenager part has to do with them not having fully developed frontal lobes, which I believe I mentioned in another thread.  That is basically the part of the brain that deals with rational decisions.  Our youngest (daughter, 17)  has Type 1 diabetes which is a biotch to deal with, I try to imagine but there is no way I can.  And they are all smart so they could figure out how to get access to a gun, even if we had it in a safe.  I feel better knowing it's not an option.  :cheers:

I get it. Circumstance dictates decisions  :cheers: 

I understand why many people think this is wrong, but on the other hand I grew up where hunting was the fall activity. There were many years I spent 40+ days in the field for deer, waterfowl, upland, antelope, elk, etc. 

As long as the meat was eaten I do not see what the issue is. I think this benefits the local community and the government at the expense of the hunter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Had to look it up. He isn’t wrong... what the fock?

America’s the best. 

D751E0B4-D3A3-4F34-B705-F2861A91929E.jpeg

🤮

10 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

I figured this was not true, but I looked for a youtube video and found some clearly titled "African Mosquito Burgers". The only problem is that the video shows mayflies. They would make an excellent protein source. The flying adults don't eat, so should be cleaner, gut wise, that the crickets and grasshoppers people eat. I know a Peace Crops guy who says he has seen termites eaten in Africa, too. 

You see lots of insects eaten here in Asia. Thailand especially. In the markets there will be stalls with many different kinds of roasted insects. Grubs, crickets, scorpions, lots of things. 

8 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I understand why many people think this is wrong, but on the other hand I grew up where hunting was the fall activity. There were many years I spent 40+ days in the field for deer, waterfowl, upland, antelope, elk, etc. 

As long as the meat was eaten I do not see what the issue is. I think this benefits the local community and the government at the expense of the hunter.

The issue is scarcity to me.

The douches out there hunting tigere and lions, rhinos and elephants and such... Fock them.

Wanna go hunt deer or whatever? Not my thing, but have fun. Whatever. 

15 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Don't most modern day hunters that kill for food also kill for fun? I have close family and friends that hunt. None need the meat. About half prefer beef to venison. 

14 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Absolutely 

No, I don't necessarily think this is true.  I know a bunch of hunters who are very active in protecting animals from people who are looking to just kill animals just for fun.  They don't condone any sort of violence towards animals unless the sole intent is food.

14 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

All your food magically appears in the grocery store. 😄

My SIL hates the thought that animals need to be killed for her to eat meat.  It doesn't stop her from eating it, but she has somehow brainwashed herself that, indeed, meat magically appears at the store or restaurant.  :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mmmmm...beer said:

All your food magically appears in the grocery store. 😄

when they start listing cows and pigs as endangered I'll stop. But by then, if it costs $150,000 to kill one of those suckers, I won't be able to afford a freaking bacon cheeseburger.

14 hours ago, BiPolarBear said:

They are mayflies, not mosquitoes. I have a more detailed post on it. 

Oh well in that’s case I’ll take 2!!!!

It's not a matter of whether you need to eat the meat. For example, I have good friends who make six-figure salaries who certainly could afford to go to the grocery store and get some ground beef. But by the same token, everything they kill, they eat. Your brother-in-law is a food processor and they do everything from jerky to flank steaks. To me, that's the way you do it. One of my friends busted ass all day long just trying to retrieve a feral hog from a mud pit. Better him to waste a day then to waste the meat even of an awful creature like that.

Seriously, if you've got a Jones to hunt and kill? Come on down to Texas and get yourself as many feral Hogs as you can beg. There's no hunting season and you can kill him anyway you can think of. Those fuckers outweigh and out number Man by about 10 to 1 even in Texas.

And hey, you don't need to spend $150,000 and hire a team of guides 2 put the  fuckeer on a platter while you pull the trigger.

I suppose I could be called something a "trophy hunter" at this point.  I hunt deer and elk but my family doesn't really care for wild meat so I don't just kill the first legal animal I see anymore.  These days I will wait for a nicer buck or bull to come along.  We will eat some of it but most of it I will give away.  It actually results in animals living that in the old days I would have dropped.    But yeah, a guy who pays $100k to travel around the world and shoot a focking goat is another deal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The douches out there hunting tigere and lions, rhinos and elephants and such... Fock them.

These are not endangered, and the money created with trophy hunts actually supports their security.  Seems like a win win.  

Just now, TimmySmith said:

These are not endangered, and the money created with trophy hunts actually supports their security.  Seems like a win win.  

If it's handled responsibly (doubtful given that it's Africa) I don't object to it being legal.

I'd still consider it dooshey, but lots of things that are dooshey are legal. So be it. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

If it's handled responsibly (doubtful given that it's Africa) I don't object to it being legal.

I'd still consider it dooshey, but lots of things that are dooshey are legal. So be it. 

There is an undeniable "look at me" aspect.  Most of which is probably meant for others within their community.  

• Like 1

Maybe we should have vegetation rights groups. Why should living animals be held in higher esteem than a living growing tomato?

I mean, it sickens me to see people put Christmas lights out on the trees in their yards. Think of the burden it puts on those poor trees!!!

Next when you eat some lettuce or let your plant die because you left town and didn't water it appropriately,  just know they were alive at one point.

52 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

There is an undeniable "look at me" aspect.  Most of which is probably meant for others within their community.  

If I am ever rich enough to go on an Alaskan fishing trip, northern Canada northern pike fishing trip or something similar i hope people do not rip into me. The pictures I post online for my hypothetical fishing trip will almost certainly be a look at me, however I would still have alot of fun on that trip. 

2 hours ago, parrot said:

But yeah, a guy who pays $100k to travel around the world and shoot a focking goat is another deal.  

😁outstanding.

goats, the apex predators of the shrub phylum.

• Like 1

you think hunting is a spot? ask the deer

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

If I am ever rich enough to go on an Alaskan fishing trip, northern Canada northern pike fishing trip or something similar i hope people do not rip into me. The pictures I post online for my hypothetical fishing trip will almost certainly be a look at me, however I would still have alot of fun on that trip. 

You could literally take a week ling fishing trip in alaska and fish for 2000

And catching a a nice fish is a lot different than bragging about shooting a near endangered animal

3 hours ago, edjr said:

you think hunting is a spot? ask the deer

Have you ever hit a deer with your car?  Serious question.

Actually who here has hit deer on the road?  Can we get a tally.  

I'm not judging hunting in general as I grew up in that culture, but let's call this like it is.  Guys like this fancy themselves to be alphas to the alpha power.  Not only can he shoot a rare animal, but he can drop 6 figures to do it.  Woot!  Look at me$#@!  

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Have you ever hit a deer with your car?  Serious question.

Actually who here has hit deer on the road?  Can we get a tally.  

I came within inches last year. A large deer came shooting out of darkness into the road and at 40mph my car would have been totaled. And that was a residential type area.