Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Shocking news in the world of rap music

Not a huge rap guy but just today I watched the documentary about jam master J getting murdered... So this is very cowonkiedonkie. 

I can't believe this garbage genre is still relevant. Come on America, think for a second about who you're letting set the tone. 

I'm not a fan of rap / hip hop by any means. All just auto tuned sh1t from what I've been exposed to via the stupid MNF (or was is SNF) halftime segments "sponsored by Genesis".

However, a local brewery we frequent released a malt liquor for one of the owner's birthday. They played 90s gangsta rap and everyone had paper bags for their pint glasses. Fun time. Anyways, I at least appreciated that the 90s rap at least seemed to have more substance than what I've heard recently. Also fun seeing little suburban white kids dancing around to NWA. Oh, and of course someone accused the brewery of cultural appropriation since their event notice on FB/IG showed a Compton hat, 40 in a paper bag, and swisher sweets. Brewers response was simply "haters gonna hate". 

3 hours ago, DonS said:

I'm not a fan of rap / hip hop by any means. All just auto tuned sh1t from what I've been exposed to via the stupid MNF (or was is SNF) halftime segments "sponsored by Genesis".

However, a local brewery we frequent released a malt liquor for one of the owner's birthday. They played 90s gangsta rap and everyone had paper bags for their pint glasses. Fun time. Anyways, I at least appreciated that the 90s rap at least seemed to have more substance than what I've heard recently. Also fun seeing little suburban white kids dancing around to NWA. Oh, and of course someone accused the brewery of cultural appropriation since their event notice on FB/IG showed a Compton hat, 40 in a paper bag, and swisher sweets. Brewers response was simply "haters gonna hate". 

"event notice". That means commercial, right? 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I can't believe this garbage genre is still relevant. Come on America, think for a second about who you're letting set the tone. 

You can be so shallow on occasion. Usually musicaly

Tell me that the below doesn't make you wanna dance and stuff

8 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

You can be so shallow on occasion. Usually musicaly

Tell me that the below doesn't make you wanna dance and stuff

I know plenty about music.  This doesn't qualify. So no.  

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I know plenty about music.  This doesn't qualify. So no.  

I get that you don't personally like it. Totally understandable, but to say you "know plenty about music", yet throw out all different genres recently as trash makes me wonder what you really "know" about music.

It would be better for you to say that "I know what I like in music and certain genres just don't do it for me". :dunno:
Not trying to give you sh1t, but...

19 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

I get that you don't personally like it. Totally understandable, but to say you "know plenty about music", yet throw out all different genres recently as trash makes me wonder what you really "know" about music.

It would be better for you to say that "I know what I like in music and certain genres just don't do it for me". :dunno:
Not trying to give you sh1t, but...

I find it amusing that you claim I am shallow about music and as an example of that you chose to use my disdain for the most shallow music ever created as an example. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I find it amusing that you claim I am shallow about music and as an example of that you chose to use my disdain for the most shallow music ever created as an example. 

I never called you shallow, although I can see how I may have alluded to it. 
Hey, one of the weakest songs I've ever heard in my life (imo) won a fukking grammy for best rap song this year. 
I believe a made a thread about my disdain for the song here when it first hit #1 months ago. 

Also, if I remember correctly, you threw out many differnt genres in another thread and completely dismissed them as trash vs what you like. 
If that wasn't you, then I apologize. sorta

2 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

I never called you shallow, although I can see how I may have alluded to it. 
Hey, one of the weakest songs I've ever heard in my life (imo) won a fukking grammy for best rap song this year. 
I believe a made a thread about my disdain for the song here when it first hit #1 months ago. 

Also, if I remember correctly, you threw out many differnt genres in another thread and completely dismissed them as trash vs what you like. 
If that wasn't you, then I apologize. sorta

I stated that 60's and 70's rock was better than 80's and 90's rock. I didn't dismiss the entire decades. And this rap "song" that won a Grammy, was it about biches and ho's or the police? 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

"event notice". That means commercial, right? 

Post on FB/Instagram

38 minutes ago, DonS said:

Post on FB/Instagram

38 minutes ago, DonS said:

Post on FB/Instagram

Yeah, a commercial. Why make it more than it is? Would you call a commercial for mariners tickets an  "event notice" ?   Don't play their game. 

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, a commercial. Why make it more than it is? Would you call a commercial for mariners tickets an  "event notice" ?   Don't play their game. 

Just my .02 but anytime you send out invites via FB you have to create an event thus the term,when I think of a commercial,I think of tv/radio,video something using sound.film or both.

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why does this have your panties in such a twist?  It is definitely not the same as a commercial.  If you're having a birthday party for your wife would you call informing her friends and family via social media a "commercial"?   This particular event was actually a birthday party,  btw. 

35 minutes ago, DonS said:

Why does this have your panties in such a twist?  It is definitely not the same as a commercial.  If you're having a birthday party for your wife would you call informing her friends and family via social media a "commercial"?   This particular event was actually a birthday party,  btw. 

A birthday party at his bar. Where you pay for drinks. Nice party. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A birthday party at his bar. Where you pay for drinks. Nice party. 

Yep. It was a very nice party. 

A double homicide in the world of rap isn't shocking.

Shocking would be if I ever hear a rap song I like that wasn't written and performed by Weird Al.