Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

National Emergency

5 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Again your reading comprehension is very poor. I’ve told you countless times I don’t hit women.  

You don’t make eye contact with them either.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

You don’t make eye contact with them either.

0/10 :(

57 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You realize Obama already called 12 National Emergencies and one was a national emergency for cartels at the border. I don’t know the specifics but the precedent has already been set. And the fact of the matter is there is an emergency at the border and one side is activitly working against fixing the problem. 

You also know there is funding in the budget Trump just signed for a wall in Ukraine and Poland. 

I don't realize any of that, so thanks for the info.  

I also don't personally believe that there is an "emergency" at the border.  And I live in a border state.  I support a wall where experts say a wall will help, and other technology in other places.

In 4-8 years I don't want a "national emergency" on shiot like climate change.  Maybe SCOTUS would shoot it down but... we have a process for getting budgets approved, let's stick with that IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

0/10 :(

It hurts because it’s true. 

8 billion for 234 miles of border wall.

They are most likely building in the easy to build areas first, ie they are not building in the middle of nowhere.  This puts the total cost of the wall at a minimum of 64 billion, but most likely they are still underestimating the cost by a factor or so.

It is one thing to say 5 billion or even 8 billion for parts of a wall, but 65-150+ billion for the complete wall and you are starting to talk real money.

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't realize any of that, so thanks for the info.  

I also don't personally believe that there is an "emergency" at the border.  And I live in a border state.  I support a wall where experts say a wall will help, and other technology in other places.

In 4-8 years I don't want a "national emergency" on shiot like climate change.  Maybe SCOTUS would shoot it down but... we have a process for getting budgets approved, let's stick with that IMO.

Border Patrol says it’s an issue. If anyone would know it would be them I’ll take their word for it. When you say it “isn’t a problem” what does that mean? When you drive to work you personally don’t see any illegals? Could you elaborate a bit more?

So I see we've devolved from talking about the abuse of power that this is, and is going to set precedent for in the future, into a debate on whether the wall is needed or not.  Good job changing the subject, dorks.  You fockers that are OK with this are the same people that are going to whine about it in the future when a dem does it.  Fock, you've been whining for years about Obama's EOs but now you're OK with this?  Dumb sh!ts.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Border Patrol says it’s an issue. If anyone would know it would be them I’ll take their word for it. When you say it “isn’t a problem” what does that mean? When you drive to work you personally don’t see any illegals? Could you elaborate a bit more?

I didn't say it "isn't a problem," I said I don't think that it is a "national emergency."  IMO there is a difference.

I feel like I've elaborated plenty on this topic.  HTH.

9 minutes ago, Kanil said:

So I see we've devolved from talking about the abuse of power that this is, and is going to set precedent for in the future, into a debate on whether the wall is needed or not.  Good job changing the subject, dorks.  You fockers that are OK with this are the same people that are going to whine about it in the future when a dem does it.  Fock, you've been whining for years about Obama's EOs but now you're OK with this?  Dumb sh!ts.

You fockers that are b!tching about this were fine with it when a dem did it in the past. Fock, you didn't say sh!t when Obama was doing it for years but now this is a problem? Dumb sh!ts.

26 minutes ago, MDC said:

It hurts because it’s true. 

If you say so Pedo supporter. :(

Just now, 12th Man said:

If you say so Pedo supporter. :(

I bet you play with your mom’s underwear when she goes out.

Just now, MDC said:

I bet you play with your mom’s underwear when she goes out.

:( 0/10

Poor MDC. Lashes out at anyone who dislikes Pedos. 

• Like 1

Just now, 12th Man said:

Poor MDC. Lashes out at anyone who dislikes Pedos. 

Take it easy on him.  Someone hogged all the chocolate yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Take it easy on him.  Someone hogged all the chocolate yesterday. 

He’s a Mr. Sad Clown. :(

37 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Climate Scientists say climate change is an issue. 

Stop thinking so much in terms of Republicans vs Democrats and start thinking in terms of how you want our checks and balances to work, if you want congress to maintain any powers, etc, keeping in mind that Trump will only be president for another 0-6 years. 

7 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Climate Scientists say climate change is an issue. 

Stop thinking so much in terms of Republicans vs Democrats and start thinking in terms of how you want our checks and balances to work, if you want congress to maintain any powers, etc, keeping in mind that Trump will only be president for another 0-6 years. 

You never answered my about Obama using a NE for DACA. Where was your outrage for Obama’s 12 NE’s? There is a real issue at the border and Democrats wanted a wall just a few years ago. Also Obama already used a NE for border security. 

18 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You never answered my about Obama using a NE for DACA. 

I don’t know the specifics of that executive order. Did congress address it and vote on it the same day he declared their bill that he signed to be a national emergency?

Almost anything can be justified by pointing to some act from the past. But the common public isn’t aware of mostly of those past acts. This one is the biggest story in the country. Candidates will be able to run campaigns on the promise to declare certain things a National Emergency, and it’ll work if the numbers are on their side. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

You fockers that are b!tching about this were fine with it when a dem did it in the past. Fock, you didn't say sh!t when Obama was doing it for years but now this is a problem? Dumb sh!ts.

Actually, I said the same thing when Obama was using EOs to govern.  You're the one changing your tune here, jackwagon.  I've said it forever, the dem and rep parties are the same focking thing but you idiots will go to war to defend one side or the other.

19 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I don’t know the specifics of that executive order. Did congress address it and vote on it the same day he declared their bill that he signed to be a national emergency?

Almost anything can be justified by pointing to some act from the past. But the common public isn’t aware of mostly of those past acts. This one is the biggest story in the country. Candidates will be able to run campaigns on the promise to declare certain things a National Emergency, and it’ll work if the numbers are on their side. 

It’s the biggest story because the msm has had it out for Trump since the get go. Even if it was identical to the one Obama signed itd still be the #1 story. Obama did a fantastic job of focking the country up while in office and a NE to fix illegal immigration was needed since you all were unwilling to come to the table. I guess you can take the high road next time you’re in office, not sure when that will be. 

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

Meanwhile, the rest of us look at both of your groups and roll our eyes at two sets of hypocritical douchebags. Almost forgot, I should add an (R) or a (D) after my post so you people know how you are supposed to feel about it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Actually, I said the same thing when Obama was using EOs to govern.  You're the one changing your tune here, jackwagon.  I've said it forever, the dem and rep parties are the same focking thing but you idiots will go to war to defend one side or the other.

I'm not changing any tune. I wasn't on here everyday :cry: about Obama. I never started a single :mad: Obama! :mad: thread to my recollection. I was just pointing out how ridiculous your little rant was. Those on the left who are complaining about this were silent when it was one of their guys who did it and after complaining about it this time will  :clap: about it the next time one of their guys does it. They're already laying the ground work for the "you started it" defense. 

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

I'm not changing any tune. I wasn't on here everyday :cry: about Obama. I never started a single :mad: Obama! :mad: thread to my recollection. I was just pointing out how ridiculous your little rant was. Those on the left who are complaining about this were silent when it was one of their guys who did it and after complaining about it this time will  :clap: about it the next time one of their guys does it. They're already laying the ground work for the "you started it" defense. 

The difference here is I'm the one saying it's stupid for either side to do it.  You're defending the republican party for doing it and saying the democrats were bad for doing it first.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

The difference here is I'm the one saying it's stupid for either side to do it.  You're defending the republican party for doing it and saying the democrats were bad for doing it first.

I'm defending the republican party for doing it? Link?

43 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You never answered my about Obama using a NE for DACA. Where was your outrage for Obama’s 12 NE’s? There is a real issue at the border and Democrats wanted a wall just a few years ago. Also Obama already used a NE for border security. 

No National Emergency was used for DACA.   

National Emergencies Obama:

Full List (declared National Emergencies)

19. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Somalia (April 12, 2010)
20. Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions Related to Libya (February 25, 2011)
21. Blocking Property of Transnational Criminal Organizations (July 25, 2011)
22. Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security, or Stability of Yemen (May 16, 2012)
23. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine (March 6, 2014)
24. Blocking Property of Certain Persons With Respect to South Sudan (April 3, 2014)
25. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Central African Republic (May 12, 2014)
26. Blocking Property and Suspending Entry of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Venezuela (March 9, 2015)
27. Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities (April 1, 2015)
28. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Burundi (November 23, 2015)

Oh my God. This moron couldn't even make it through one press conference without shooting himself in the foot. He literally said quoting" I didn't need to do this!" And then went on to talk about how it is all about the election.

God, I would hate to be White House counsel. Every time they think they get their story straight, Trump opens his mouth and completely shoots his own case down. Whether it's why he fired Comey or the Muslim ban or now this? Do you realize that an "emergency" necessarily means you did indeed "have to do this?" You fuucking moron.

God, even those of you with your nose is firmly planted up his arse hole have to have enough of a brain to realize what he just did to his case legally.

Remember when Trump criticized Obummer for using EOs?

There have been worse presidents than Donald but when it comes to being a hypocritical sack of shiit he truly is in a class by himself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

It’s the biggest story because the msm has had it out for Trump since the get go. Even if it was identical to the one Obama signed itd still be the #1 story. Obama did a fantastic job of focking the country up while in office and a NE to fix illegal immigration was needed since you all were unwilling to come to the table. I guess you can take the high road next time you’re in office, not sure when that will be. 

You can say this is only a big story because the MSM made it so.........I would disagree and instead argue that this situation is a big story because Trump went to rally after rally and lead the crowds into chants about the wall, because he has tweeted hundreds of times about the wall, because he gave a national address from the oval office about the wall, because they bought advertising all over the country leading up to the 2018 elections and made it about the wall, etc.

But whichever of us is correct doesn't really matter. What matters is the entire nation is watching this one.....thus,  the gambit in which a candidate tells the nation she/he will simply bypass Congress to impose their ideas is now very much available.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

It’s the biggest story because the msm has had it out for Trump since the get go. Even if it was identical to the one Obama signed itd still be the #1 story. Obama did a fantastic job of focking the country up while in office and a NE to fix illegal immigration was needed since you all were unwilling to come to the table. I guess you can take the high road next time you’re in office, not sure when that will be. 

It's an emergency!   Why didn't it get done when the Republicans held both houses for two years?  It's almost like it's a bunch of political grandstanding and not an emergency at all.  

Hopefully you guys are smart enough to notice a difference between honchos listed National emergencies versus Trump's. And please don't confuse an XO with a national emergency. The distinction here is Trump is bypassing congress's constitutionally delineated power of the purse.

That's different than blocking Russian funds from being withdrawn from American banks for example. Hopefully you guys can understand that.

If the people that we elect the representatives in Congress no longer control the allocation of the money they collect from us? That's despotism right there. We might as well disband Congress entirely if that's the case.

Do you guys consider "needing to do something" as a prerequisite for declaring a National Emergency? Trump doesn't. This guy is the best.

“I could do the wall over a longer period of time. I didn’t need to do this. But I’d rather do it much faster,” he said. “And I don’t have to do it for the election. I’ve already done a lot of wall for the election. 2020. And the only reason we’re up here talking about this is because of the election—because they want to try to win an election, which it looks like they’re not going to be able to do.”

1 minute ago, parrot said:

It's an emergency!   Why didn't it get done when the Republicans held both houses for two years?  It's almost like it's a bunch of political grandstanding and not an emergency at all.  

It's a clear end run around the Constitutionally deliminated power of congress and the separation of powers. Trump as much as admitted it already. Even with his stacked courts, good luck with that one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Play you guys are smart enough to notice a difference between hunchos listed National emergencies versus Trump's. And please don't confuse an XO with a national emergency. The distinction here is it Trump is bypassing congress's constitutionally delineated power of the purse.

That's different than blocking Russian funds from being withdrawn from American banks for example. Hopefully you guys can understand that.

They absolutely understand it, they've just chosen to be OK with it since it's for something they want.  If Obama was doing this for say, healthcare, they'd be crucifying the guy.

2 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Do you guys consider "needing to do something" as a prerequisite for declaring a National Emergency? Trump doesn't. This guy is the best.

See my earlier post.

WH counsel just had his knees taken out with that.

• Like 1

You want to unite the Senate lickety-split? Threaten to take away even a fraction of their power. Those fuckers will band together quicker than hyenas on a wounded gazelle.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Remember when Trump criticized Obummer for using EOs?

There have been worse presidents than Donald but when it comes to being a hypocritical sack of shiit he truly is in a class by himself.

Mr. Sad Clown strikes again. Your Trump TDS is approaching Sho/Wifflenuts/Newbie status

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

No National Emergency was used for DACA.   

National Emergencies Obama:

Full List (declared National Emergencies)

19. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in Somalia (April 12, 2010)
20. Blocking Property and Prohibiting Certain Transactions Related to Libya (February 25, 2011)
21. Blocking Property of Transnational Criminal Organizations (July 25, 2011)
22. Blocking Property of Persons Threatening the Peace, Security, or Stability of Yemen (May 16, 2012)
23. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine (March 6, 2014)
24. Blocking Property of Certain Persons With Respect to South Sudan (April 3, 2014)
25. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict in the Central African Republic (May 12, 2014)
26. Blocking Property and Suspending Entry of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Venezuela (March 9, 2015)
27. Blocking the Property of Certain Persons Engaging in Significant Malicious Cyber-Enabled Activities (April 1, 2015)
28. Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation in Burundi (November 23, 2015)

anything here 90s baby

11 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

Mr. Sad Clown strikes again. Your Trump TDS is approaching Sho/Wifflenuts/Newbie status

Gonna follow me around all day flexing? 💪 

28 minutes ago, MDC said:

Gonna follow me around all day flexing? 💪 

Fine, I will bite.

You have quoted him 3 times on this page alone, I do not think you can call him out for following you around.