Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

National Emergency

15 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

This one is going to sting the Pres.   

"Donald Trump is the master bargainer"  :lol:

43 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Fine, I will bite.

You have quoted him 3 times on this page alone, I do not think you can call him out for following you around.

Yes - I never start a conversation with him or HT and they follow me around like a couple biitches in heat - RMFF. 

39 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yes - I never start a conversation with him or HT and they follow me around like a couple biitches in heat - RMFF. 

Poor MDC. :(

In reference to border-wall construction, President Trump explained why he’s circumventing Congress and the legislative appropriations process.

“I want to do it faster. I could do the wall over a longer period of time. I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster…. I just want to get it done faster, that’s all.”

Expect to see that sentence in every legal brief on why this isn't a national emergency.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Ann Coulter  "The only national emergency is that our president is an idiot."

😀

You left out the part where she said: ‘He is trying to scam the stupidest people in his base’ with this national emergency. 

I think Hell just froze over... 🙀

• Thanks 1

I remember all outrage over Obamas national emergencies...

13 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I hope he doesn't. It's one step further down the road to tyranny.

Bush's patriot act era spy stuff was wrong. Obama doubled down. Obama's executive order governance was wrong. Trump seems to want to continue it.

Now any time Congress won't play ball we just declare emergency?

That is a bad bad precedent. If it happens, you can count on seeing "climate change state of emergency" next time a dem is in office. 

A lot of people will argue that the mexican border that been the ONLY legitimate national emergency for decades.

At least he's keeping the Muslims from flying here. But now they can always come across the border. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

At least he's keeping the Muslims from flying here. But now they can always come across the border. 

There's already four thousand of them massed on the border remember? Jesus, this Administration makes jussie Smollett look like George Washington.

8 minutes ago, riversco said:

A lot of people will argue that the mexican border that been the ONLY legitimate national emergency for decades.

The now famous Trump preamble.

You know, a lot of people are saying.....😁

10 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

There's already four thousand of them massed on the border remember? Jesus, this Administration makes jussie Smollett look like George Washington.

There are some coming across. 4K isn't necessary. 19 did the trick once upon a time. 

22 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I remember all outrage over Obamas national emergencies...

Nice try to distract by comparing apples to oranges.  The NEs declared in the past were not used to circumvent checks and balances.   This is a whiney baby throwing a tantrum because he didn't get his way. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There are some coming across. 4K isn't necessary. 19 did the trick once upon a time. 

That's not my number! 😁

I’m not reading this whole thread. Has anyone made a joke about them needing a relief pitcher? 

1 minute ago, frank said:

I’m not reading this whole thread. Has anyone made a joke about them needing a relief pitcher? 

Not yet...

They could use a relief pitcher but I wouldn’t call it an emergency. 

:banana:

3 minutes ago, frank said:

They could use a relief pitcher but I wouldn’t call it an emergency. 

:banana:

I really wanted to post 'still waiting', but I actually did laugh.   

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

Nice try to distract by comparing apples to oranges.  The NEs declared in the past were not used to circumvent checks and balances.   This is a whiney baby throwing a tantrum because he didn't get his way. 

That wasn't my point at all. Y'all are so hyper sensitive nobody even knows how many, when and for what past presidents declared National Emergencies. But when TRump does it. LORDY LORDY LORD we will hear about it. It's just more faux outrage from the left and people are tired of it.

Cutting our own throats. Not as dramatic as Europe, these aren't Muslims after all, but the make up of our country is being altered from what it is, there is no denying that. If you think that's a good idea I guess you are for lax immigration policies. But I don't know why, besides looking to feel good about yourself, anyone would think that's a good idea. 

2 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

That wasn't my point at all. Y'all are so hyper sensitive nobody even knows how many, when and for what past presidents declared National Emergencies. But when TRump does it. LORDY LORDY LORD we will hear about it. It's just more faux outrage from the left and people are tired of it.

What he's doing it for is completely different than what's been done in the past (and you know that but are choosing to ignore it because it hurts your argument).   No one else has used it to get around the checks and balances we have in place.  This move distinctly weakens the power of the elected Congress and its done because Trump is a whiney b1tch.

Get ready because it's gonna get done again and again now, and when a dem does it you have to stfu because you're good with it now.  You guys are taking a short term win at the cost of the long term and you're pretending not to see it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Cutting our own throats. Not as dramatic as Europe, these aren't Muslims after all, but the make up of our country is being altered from what it is, there is no denying that. If you think that's a good idea I guess you are for lax immigration policies. But I don't know why, besides looking to feel good about yourself, anyone would think that's a good idea. 

Don't focking whine about it when it's used to take our money and spend it on universal health care then. You guys are happy that you're giving the purse strings to thes president. You think a dem president is going to show restraint going forward?  You short sighted idiot. 

6 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Don't focking whine about it when it's used to take our money and spend it on universal health care then. You guys are happy that you're giving the purse strings to thes president. You think a dem president is going to show restraint going forward?  You short sighted idiot. 

Did I say I was for declaring the NE? My statement has to do with lax immigration policy, like I stated within the post. You're the idiot who can't read due to being blinded by rage. Probably drunk. Pathetic 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Michael Savage nailed this year’s ago. Called it the “Browning of America!”  

1 hour ago, 12th Man said:

Michael Savage nailed this year’s ago. Called it the “Browning of America!”  

That ship has sailed, immigration or no. Breeding patterns will tell you that. 

Whatever. I'll be dead and im not breeding. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did I say I was for declaring the NE? My statement has to do with lax immigration policy, like I stated within the post. You're the idiot who can't read due to being blinded by rage. Probably drunk. Pathetic 

So are you against it or for it? 

5 hours ago, Kanil said:

So are you against it or for it? 

Against it, but also against him signing this bill. I am for whatever secures that border, wall or no wall. 

I usually do agree with people that say African Americans cry racism too much....but then I read multiple regular posters here making white supremist posts, and I realize I was way off. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I usually do agree with people that say African Americans cry racism too much....but then I read multiple regular posters here making white supremist posts, and I realize I was way off. 

Who did that??

9 hours ago, Kanil said:

What he's doing it for is completely different than what's been done in the past (and you know that but are choosing to ignore it because it hurts your argument).   No one else has used it to get around the checks and balances we have in place.  This move distinctly weakens the power of the elected Congress and its done because Trump is a whiney b1tch.

Get ready because it's gonna get done again and again now, and when a dem does it you have to stfu because you're good with it now.  You guys are taking a short term win at the cost of the long term and you're pretending not to see it. 

No I don't know if this is for a different reason because I have no idea why past president have called a national emergency. Neither do you or anyone else. Be honest you have to look up the reasons don't you? 

But hey since liberals got nothing else to complain about I guess they can pretend to be national emergency experts this week.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who did that??

Oh, I would have to go back and look, but probably you and some other posters.