Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

National Emergency

48 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

No I don't know if this is for a different reason because I have no idea why past president have called a national emergency. Neither do you or anyone else. Be honest you have to look up the reasons don't you? 

But hey since liberals got nothing else to complain about I guess they can pretend to be national emergency experts this week.

Someone posted them here (or in another thread on the board,  not sure).  The large majority of them were used to freeze funds from foreign governments after some sh!t went down.  This is an abuse of power and would be wrong no matter who did it. 

25 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Oh, I would have to go back and look, but probably you and some other posters. 

Go ahead and do that and back up your claim. 

39 minutes ago, Kanil said:

Someone posted them here (or in another thread on the board,  not sure).  The large majority of them were used to freeze funds from foreign governments after some sh!t went down.  This is an abuse of power and would be wrong no matter who did it. 

That's rich. What exactly is wrong about our president securing our national border?

You're acting like this border wall is some new radical thing that has never been done before. JFC both parties have voted and approved this very thing dozen if not hundreds of times.  All this shows is people like you, and the Democrats will cut off their nose to spite their face. Orange man bad is the only reason to fight adding to the border wall already in place that both parties have approved of.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/that-time-barack-obama-declared-a-national-emergency-to-stop-a-mexican-drug-cartel/

As it turns out, back in 2011 then-President Barack Obama issued an executive order “blocking property of transnational criminal organizations organizations.” Obama cited his authority as granted through the Constitution to invoke the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, 50 U.S.C. 1701, and the National Emergencies Act, 50 U.S.C. 1601. The latter is the same legislation that Trump is citing to get funding for the wall to achieve his immigration reform goals. That executive order targeted a number of criminal organizations, including the Mexican Los Zetas cartel, an ally of the MS-13 gang President Trump has regularly called out as a danger to America.

Thanks, Obama: Here’s the Obama Executive Order Trump Is Using to Build the Wall

by Matt Naham | 11:37 am, February 15th, 2019

GettyImages-63156673811.jpg

President Donald Trump held a wide-ranging Friday press conference in which he reiterated that if “you don’t have a border, you don’t have a country,” defending his invocation of the National Emergencies Act to help fund the building of The Wall. The president said he aims to stop illegal immigration, the influx of drugs and criminal into America. He cited past emergency declarations, including one by President Barack Obama, that Trump said targeted cartels.

As it turns out, back in 2011 then-President Barack Obama issued an executive order “blocking property of transnational criminal organizations organizations.” Obama cited his authority as granted through the Constitution to invoke the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, 50 U.S.C. 1701, and the National Emergencies Act, 50 U.S.C. 1601. The latter is the same legislation that Trump is citing to get funding for the wall to achieve his immigration reform goals. That executive order targeted a number of criminal organizations, including the Mexican Los Zetas cartel, an ally of the MS-13 gang President Trump has regularly called out as a danger to Americans.

“Drugs, gangs and people — an invasion,” Trump said on Friday. “We have an invasion coming into this country.”

Trump all but thanked his predecessor on Friday.

“We may be using one of the national emergencies that [Obama] signed having to do with criminal cartels… it’s a very good national emergency… we’re going to be using parts of it,” he said.

In 2011, Obama said that the organizations The Brothers’ Circle (“a criminal group composed of leaders and senior members of several Eurasian criminal groups that are largely based in countries of the former Soviet Union, but also operate in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America”), the Italian crime syndicate known as Camorra, the more recognizable Yakuza, and the aforementioned Los Zetas.

“Such organizations are becoming increasingly sophisticated and dangerous to the United States; they are increasingly entrenched in the operations of foreign governments and the international financial system, thereby weakening democratic institutions, degrading the rule of law, and undermining economic markets. These organizations facilitate and aggravate violent civil conflicts and increasingly facilitate the activities of other dangerous persons,” Obama said.  “I therefore determine that significant transnational criminal organizations constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States, and hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.”

Womp to the mfn womp.

Trump may use an existing National Emergency declared by Obama to build the wall.

Your move retards.

43 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

That's rich. What exactly is wrong about our president securing our national border?

You're acting like this border wall is some new radical thing that has never been done before. JFC both parties have voted and approved this very thing dozen if not hundreds of times.  All this shows is people like you, and the Democrats will cut off their nose to spite their face. Orange man bad is the only reason to fight adding to the border wall already in place that both parties have approved of.

My anger has nothing to do with the border. It has to do with taking a power away from Congress.  Don't complain one bit when a Democrat uses this same move in the future if you're here defending it now. 

I've said a hundred times, the wall is a stupid hill for either side to die on. Build the focking thing. It's such a tiny cost, comparatively. Just do it the right way, and this isn't that way. 

18 minutes ago, Kanil said:

My anger has nothing to do with the border. It has to do with taking a power away from Congress.  Don't complain one bit when a Democrat uses this same move in the future if you're here defending it now. 

I've said a hundred times, the wall is a stupid hill for either side to die on. Build the focking thing. It's such a tiny cost, comparatively. Just do it the right way, and this isn't that way. 

Oh this is interesting. What power, did Trump take away from Congress? Because the constitution is clear that the President, first and foremost, is responsible for ensuring America’s national security. Also Democrats have used this power before Obama did it a bakers dozen times, but nobody cared. Just like nobody cared when Bush or Clinton or Bush i or Reagan or Carter etc... used it. I repeat NOBODY CARED, until you and your people freaked the f0ck out because you lost your own rigged election

“The Founders intended that the President have primary responsibility along with the necessary power to protect the national security and to conduct the Nation’s foreign relations.”
– Justice Clarence Thomas
June 28, 2004

On 2/16/2019 at 9:25 AM, Cdub100 said:

Oh this is interesting. What power, did Trump take away from Congress? Because the constitution is clear that the President, first and foremost, is responsible for ensuring America’s national security. Also Democrats have used this power before Obama did it a bakers dozen. But nobody cared just like nobody cared when Bush or Clinton or Bush i or Regan or Carter etc... used it. I repeat NOBODY CARED, until you and your people freaked the f0ck out because you lost your own rigged election

“The Founders intended that the President have primary responsibility along with the necessary power to protect the national security and to conduct the Nation’s foreign relations.”
– Justice Clarence Thomas
June 28, 2004

Trump didn't take any power away from Congress. That's just the talking point they've been given. 

Congress abrogated their responsibility to provide for border security (again). This POTUS stepped in to try to fulfill his responsibility to make sure our immigration laws are enforced. Trump said he fully expects this to be challenged in court. So it basically plays out like this...

The legislative branch failed to secure the border so the executive branch took measures to do so and the judicial branch will determine the legality of the measures taken. 

You know, how the system was designed to function. 

That said, it should never have come to this. It's the sad state of national politics that brought us to this point. Oddly enough, that's also exactly why Trump was elected. 

ETA: BTW, this isn't even an additional expenditure. He's reallocating a few billion from the already approved 1.5 trillion dollar DOD budget. 

38 minutes ago, SenatorRock said:

“We may be using one of the national emergencies that [Obama] signed having to do with criminal cartels… it’s a very good national emergency… we’re going to be using parts of it,” he said.

I know that this is just the way that Trump speaks, but sometimes I don't know whether to :lol: or :wall: that our POTUS speaks this way.  :dunno:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

That said, it should never have come to this. It's the sad state of national politics that brought us to this point. Oddly enough, that's also exactly why Trump was elected. 

That echos back to my original point. The border wall is nothing new. It has been extended, new portions built and improved throughout the years, by both parties. Only now things have changed and NPCs like Kanil and Wiff can only see that orange man bad so we must #resist everything he does

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cdub100 said:

That echos back to my original point. The border wall is nothing new. It has been extended, new portions built and improved throughout the years, by both parties. Only now things have changed and NPCs like Kanil and Wiff can only see that orange man bad so we must #resist everything he does

If Trump asked for funding for strategic barriers he would have it by now. Instead he asked for funding for a 35-foot continuous border wall and spent the last two years lying about the threat of terrorists coming over the border to justify it. I am glad Congressional Dems called his bluff.

Besides isn’t Mexico supposed to pay for it? :unsure:

Just now, MDC said:

If Trump asked for funding for strategic barriers he would have it by now. Instead he asked for funding for a 35-foot continuous border wall and spent the last two years lying about the threat of terrorists coming over the border to justify it. I am glad Congressional Dems called his bluff.

Besides isn’t Mexico supposed to pay for it? :unsure:

Shouldn't you be giving out quest to action adventure players?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Cracks me up. And, tupical.;

they've been beaten down on every single pile of bullshit they're trying to peddle and so now they're back to you hate Trump!! You just hate him! 😱 Like a five year old girl.

...except for the fact that you cant reconcile whether I'm a racist or a pro Wall-ist. And I've never come out to tear down the wall. however, I have repeatedly shot down all the bullshit like their bulshit crime statistics and their bulshit terrorist statistics and their bullshit drug statistics, and their BS economics and their ridiculous shut down .

And so now the only thing the last of the trumpets have left is "you hate him!'

😲😭

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Shouldn't you be giving out quest to action adventure players?

I get it - NPC. I’m surprised a free thinker like you didn’t go with something original like “cuck” or “snowflake.”

Isn't it rather clear this is all about campaign?

Have courts rule against him.. say "they" are anti American and then run on the wall a second time

23 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Isn't it rather clear this is all about campaign?

Have courts rule against him.. say "they" are anti American and then run on the wall a second time

Yep. Ann Coulter explained it clear as day. 

In this instance, she hit the nail on the head. 

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I am for whatever secures that border, wall or no wall. 

does coming back to the geek club with an alias constitute illegal immigration?  :banana:

EMERGENCY !!! -

WE NEED A WALL !!!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Trump didn't take any power away from Congress. That's just the talking point they've been given. 

Congress abrogated their responsibility to provide for border security (again). This POTUS stepped in to try to fulfill his responsibility to make sure our immigration laws are enforced. Trump said he fully expects this to be challenged in court. So it basically plays out like this...

The legislative branch failed to secure the border so the executive branch took measures to do so and the judicial branch will determine the legality of the measures taken. 

You know, how the system was designed to function. 

ETA: BTW, this isn't even an additional expenditure. He's reallocating a few billion from the already approved 1.5 trillion dollar DOD budget. 

The power to appropriate funds, specifically.

If you truly don't see the dangerous precedent this sets I can't help you.

Get ready for future president moonbat citing the abysmal access to helathcare stats in this country and declaring a national emergency to socialize medicine. Or climate stats to do whatever about that. Or shooting stats to try gun control by fiat.

If you applaud the door opening, don't b!tch about what comes through next. 

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Get ready for future president moonbat citing the abysmal access to helathcare stats in this country and declaring a national emergency to socialize medicine. Or climate stats to do whatever about that. Or shooting stats to try gun control by fiat.

Remember when the left (not necessarily you) was all concerned and outraged about Obama's abuse of Executive Orders and how this was a dangerous precedent to set? 

Yeah, me too.

19 hours ago, MDC said:

I get it - NPC. I’m surprised a free thinker like you didn’t go with something original like “cuck” or “snowflake.”

Hey, if the shoe fits you gotta' wear it.  And I have to say, it fits you well!

13 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Remember when the left (not necessarily you) was all concerned and outraged about Obama's abuse of Executive Orders and how this was a dangerous precedent to set? 

Yeah, me too.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fox-news-chris-wallace-donald-trump-national-emergency_n_5c67b431e4b05c889d1f7bed

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Congress still has that power. He didn't take that away from them.

10 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I don't think so. He appropriated funds already approved. 8 billion being the number i believe.  That's really not a lot, big picture. Can't see a president appropriating the trillions it would take for socialized health care.  Where would a president take it from? Trump cobbled together a small amount of money from different places. Hardly enough to cause a ripple on the budget. Your scenario is impossible. 

On 2/15/2019 at 10:00 AM, 5-Points said:

You fockers that are b!tching about this were fine with it when a dem did it in the past. Fock, you didn't say sh!t when Obama was doing it for years but now this is a problem? Dumb sh!ts.

Democrats aren’t the people constantly preaching conservatism, limited government, constitutional principles, etc. They believe in progressive policies.

You guys are the ones that are supposed to be pissed about crap like this, regardless of who is in office. That is assuming you’re actually a conservative, and not just another MAGA moron like drobeski, cdub, 12th tard, etc. Trump isn’t a conservative, and this isn’t an emergency. Border crossing are at a 45 year low. Drugs are coming through at entry points, not some dude carrying a wheelbarrow of cocaine through the desert.

The only emergency is Trump pissing off his base of racists he needs to win in 2020. HTH.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Border control is within the president's purview, climate control isn't. Neither is health care. Good luck overriding a constitutional right by fiat. Trump isn't making laws, he's doing what he thinks is necessary to make sure existing immigration laws are enforced, which is absolutely his responsibility. Congress allocated funds for DoD. Trump is using a small percentage of those funds for Border Security.   

I'm not applauding anything. As I said, it's the sad state of our politics that got us to this point. What's the old adage, we get the government we deserve? If we would elect people who had the country's best interest at heart instead of their own, things might be different. 

10 minutes ago, donkeyjotes said:

Democrats aren’t the people constantly preaching conservatism, limited government, constitutional principles, etc. They believe in progressive policies.

You guys are the ones that are supposed to be pissed about crap like this, regardless of who is in office. That is assuming you’re actually a conservative, and not just another MAGA moron like drobeski, cdub, 12th tard, etc. Trump isn’t a conservative, and this isn’t an emergency. Border crossing are at a 45 year low. Drugs are coming through at entry points, not some dude carrying a wheelbarrow of cocaine through the desert.

The only emergency is Trump pissing off his base of racists he needs to win in 2020. HTH.

If all the drugs are coming through ports of entry then it shouldn't be a problem stopping it. And how can anyone possibly tell how many drugs are coming across open parts of ththe border? And what about all those tunnels? You people keep repeating this crap that's spewed at you. 

22 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I know that this is just the way that Trump speaks, but sometimes I don't know whether to :lol: or :wall: that our POTUS speaks this way.  :dunno:

Did you hear him talking about his statistics that he kept siding? When he was asked about them? oh I have very good statistics, I have the very best statistics, I use a lot of statistics....

Which pretty much told you that he just made up statistics. LOL

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Dear Diary,

Did you hear him talking about his statistics that he kept siding? When he was asked about them? oh I have very good statistics, I have the very best statistics, I use a lot of statistics....

Which pretty much told you that he just made up statistics. LOL

We're coming to you live from the presidential National emergency command center here at Mar-A-Lago... 😂

way to sell the whole National emergency thing their boss. First say it's completely unnecessary and then say excuse me I'm going to go golfing! 😂😁😂😄

So mr. President other than your campaign manager going to jail for the rest of his life you hemorrhaging Republicans and Fox News and your talk radio buds bailing on you? How was your week?

😄

• Like 1

Just now, wiffleball said:

So mr. President other than your campaign manager going to jail for the rest of his life you hemorrhaging Republicans and Fox News and your talk radio buds bailing on you? How was your week?

😄

He got that golf simulator installed. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

😄

Yeah, he had some set backs, but big picture, it was a pretty good

week on the culture and political war front. Jussie Smokeapolett's racial hoax was exposed( most of them are hoaxes) and AOC went ahead and cost her own people 25k jobs. Plus the American people got a good look at the lefts plans in the new green deal they touted. All in all it was a pretty good week. 

56 minutes ago, donkeyjotes said:

Nobody takes you seriously when this is your argument.  HTH

5 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Nobody takes you seriously when this is your argument.  HTH

It's their only strategy. And it doesn't work. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's their only strategy. And it doesn't work. 

Exactly. It will work to help get him reelected so if that's what they want they should keep it up. 

1 hour ago, donkeyjotes said:

Sure. "Progressive policies". For the past 10+ years you and your comrades have been building your political and social foundations based on furthering racism through identity politics and not helping eliminate these problems that already have long been in process of going away. 

You prove that liberalism is a mental disorder.

4 minutes ago, sderk said:

Sure. "Progressive policies". For the past 10+ years you and your comrades have been building your political and social foundations based on furthering racism through identity politics and not helping eliminate these problems that already have long been in process of going away. 

You prove that liberalism is a mental disorder.

It's why they are so hell bent on open borders. They need a new

crop of voters looking for a handout. Not hard to figure out. They want to attain power by changing the demographics, not with better ideas. Unless they think getting rid of straws is going to do it for them. 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It's why they are so hell bent on open borders. They need a new

crop of voters looking for a handout. Not hard to figure out. They want to attain power by changing the demographics, not with better ideas. Unless they think getting rid of straws is going to do it for them. 

It's just perplexing that the liberal drones won't admit that all they are doing in their social political structuring and support is to gain power to build big government revolving around socialism. Government control.

It's a party that is bellowing out that people are not capable of making decisions on their own unless they are political figures. Crazy.

• Like 1