Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

National Emergency

9 minutes ago, Kanil said:

You honestly think that's going to do it?

I think cracking down at the ports of entry yet leaving the border open is a fools errand indeed. Let's give both a try. 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think cracking down at the ports of entry yet leaving the border open is a fools errand indeed. Let's give both a try. 

That's a totally fair opinion.  I don't necessarily agree it will work but can't fault you for it.

14 hours ago, Kanil said:

You mean the caravans that are going to legal points of entry?  Those are the least dangerous because we know about them 2 months before they get here.  Tell me how a wall helps that?

The problem is hundreds/thousands break off before they get to the legal points. It's indefensible man. Do you have doors on your house/apartment? Do you lock them? Do you lock your car?

19 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

The problem is hundreds/thousands break off before they get to the legal points. It's indefensible man. Do you have doors on your house/apartment? Do you lock them? Do you lock your car?

So do we need a northern wall too?

5 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Are the drugs and MS-13 coming in from there? 

5 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

And while my house isn’t near a body of water, I’ve been to houses that were. They all had walls protecting them from the ocean or lake side as well. 

The families of those killed by illegals sure wish we had a wall and effective immigration policy. The one we have now is a joke. 

28 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Besides Canadians offering better border security, are there caravans of thousands of uneducated people marching towards our border? Is there a threat of trafficking of humans/drugs from the North?

4 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

Canada is the leading producer of mdma 

Should we not build a wall at strategic points of Mexico because some MDMA may come in from Canada? :unsure:

44 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

sure wish we had a wall and effective immigration policy. The one we have now is a joke. 

That is what bothers me about the whole issue. It seemed like not too long ago, the country was pretty overwhelmingly in favor of some sort of closing of the border, along with other immigration reforms.

Now, it seems like the left is just hell bent on an open border, no enforcement of immigration law. I simply don't focking get that at all.

You wanna argue the wall is wasteful? Will be ineffective? That there are better ways to fight illegal immigration (go after employers, mandatory e verify, go after transfers back abroad, whatever) I can get that. I certainly don't claim to be an expert, but at least those arguments make some level of rational sense.

Enforcing immigration policy is racist is just stupid crazy talk. And one of numerous similar reasons I expect a trump reelection. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Now, it seems like the left is just hell bent on an open border, no enforcement of immigration law. I simply don't focking get that at all.

101aadad58c2cc504d3d8b2d59d38aa3512e541f

Then overlay the sixteen states that filed suit against the National Emergency (see below)

5c6c726c339e6.image.jpg?resize=1200,1135

Does it makes sense to you now? A major reason behind Open Borders is Votes (and by proxy Power). Dems need those illegals.

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

Yes.  And a very high one at that.  Keep that cold focking Canadian air up there.  Fock Canada.

25 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Then overlay the sixteen states that filed suit against the National Emergency (see below)

Does it makes sense to you now? A major reason behind Open Borders is Votes (and by proxy Power). Dems need those illegals.

Yep, the mooslim, girlfriend beating libtard of a state attorney from MN is all in on this.  What a POS. 

Fockin' Hawaii.  How many wetbacks do they have?  I say send the next million illegals  to them and see how they like it.

3 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

People have the right to come to our country and apply for asylum/citizenship, whatever.

No one has the right to come in my house.  I can stop anyone coming into my house for any reason.  If I don't want a black person in my house purely because of the color of their skin, they cant come in.  If I don't want a Jew in my house, they cant come in.  If someone says something I don't like, they can't come in.  Damn their 1st amendment rights.  Comparing a house to the country is a bad false equivalency.

6 minutes ago, Kanil said:

People have the right to come to our country and apply for asylum/citizenship, whatever.

No one has the right to come in my house.  I can stop anyone coming into my house for any reason.  

Thank you for responding.

1. What gives people from other countries the right to come to our country and apply for asylum/citizenship? And this right you claim they have; they must do it in a lawful manner, correct?

2. You're against the wall? Yes or No.

2 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

This is the crap my state is surrounded by.  Blue border states.  :thumbsdown:

3 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Besides Canadians offering better border security, are there caravans of thousands of uneducated people marching towards our border? Is there a threat of trafficking of humans/drugs from the North?

Be proactive instead of reactive. 

20 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Thank you for responding.

1. What gives people from other countries the right to come to our country and apply for asylum/citizenship? And this right you claim they have; they must do it in a lawful manner, correct?

2. You're against the wall? Yes or No.

1. We are and always have been a country of immigrants.  Immigrants made this country what it is.  And yes, this should be done in a lawful manner.

2. I am against the wall.  I think it's not a solution that works.  My solution would be more manpower at the border with improved technology (drones, etc..).

To be clear, I am NOT for ANYONE being here illegally.  I also think the wall is a waste of money.

That being said, this is the dumbest hill for either side to die on.  The fact that we shut the gov't down for a month because of it should make both sides absolutely ashamed and EVERYONE involved should be replaced the next time they're up for re-election.

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

The fact that we shut the gov't down for a month because of it should make both sides absolutely ashamed and EVERYONE involved should be replaced the next time they're up for re-election.

:thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Kanil said:

1. We are and always have been a country of immigrants.  Immigrants made this country what it is.  And yes, this should be done in a lawful manner.

2. I am against the wall.  I think it's not a solution that works.  My solution would be more manpower at the border with improved technology (drones, etc..).

1. So people of the world DON'T have a right to come here seeking asylum? Agreed. Should we allow SOME to come here in a legal manner? Yes. Agreed. 

2. Going back to your assertion "No one has the right to come in my house.  I can stop anyone coming into my house for any reason."  Some of us think of this nation as OUR home and we should be allowed to stop them from coming in unless invited. So imagine your spouse decides 'I'm going to leave the front door wide open tonight' but you want the front door closed and locked. Who decides which one should get their way?

6 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

1. So people of the world DON'T have a right to come here seeking asylum? Agreed. Should we allow SOME to come here in a legal manner? Yes. Agreed. 

2. Going back to your assertion "No one has the right to come in my house.  I can stop anyone coming into my house for any reason."  Some of us think of this nation as OUR home and we should be allowed to stop them from coming in unless invited. So imagine your spouse decides 'I'm going to leave the front door wide open tonight' but you want the front door closed and locked. Who decides which one should get their way?

1. I don't think everyone has the right to asylum, but everyone has the right to APPLY for asylum.  I absolutely don't think every Tom, D!ck, and Jane (or Tomas, Diego, and Juanita) have the right to BE here but they have the right to ask.

2. You can think of the nation as your house but it's not.  There are completely different rules for the country vs your house.  I agree they need to be "invited" (approved) to come in and they need to "knock on the door" the right way.

My spouse is faaaar too cheap to leave the door open.  Do you know how much it costs to heat the neighborhood?!?!??

• Haha 1

Just now, Kanil said:

1. I don't think everyone has the right to asylum, but everyone has the right to APPLY for asylum.  I absolutely don't think every Tom, , and Jane (or Tomas, Diego, and Juanita) have the right to BE here but they have the right to ask.

2. You can think of the nation as your house but it's not.  There are completely different rules for the country vs your house.  I agree they need to be "invited" (approved) to come in and they need to "knock on the door" the right way.

My spouse is faaaar too cheap to leave the door open.  Do you know how much it costs to heat the neighborhood?!?!??

My point on nation versus house is to make you have skin in the game. Who gets to decide what we do to secure it? We should err on the side of caution as you would for your own home. 

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

My point on nation versus house is to make you have skin in the game. Who gets to decide what we do to secure it? We should err on the side of caution as you would for your own home. 

My gripe with the wall is I think it wont work.  I truly think it's going to make zero difference.  I think we need to have better staffing along the border and use better tools.  I'd be 100% fine having military bases along that border and making them responsible for securing it.  I think that's a MUUUUUCH better solution than a wall that can be negated with a $10 ladder.

1 minute ago, Kanil said:

My gripe with the wall is I think it wont work.  I truly think it's going to make zero difference.  I think we need to have better staffing along the border and use better tools.  I'd be 100% fine having military bases along that border and making them responsible for securing it.  I think that's a MUUUUUCH better solution than a wall that can be negated with a $10 ladder.

Do all three. But to argue a wall doesn't help keep people out (or in) is ludicrous. Why are estates surrounded by them? Why are prisons surrounded by them? 

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

Do all three. But to argue a wall doesn't help keep people out (or in) is ludicrous. Why are estates surrounded by them? Why are prisons surrounded by them? 

Prisons don't allow prisoners to have the tools to negate the walls.  Are we going to take ladders away from Mexico?

5 minutes ago, Kanil said:

has this been kicked around at all...seems like a way better idea than the wall

2 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

are either of these surrounded by desert or on the other side of the Rio Grande?

Just now, Kanil said:

Prisons don't allow prisoners to have the tools to negate the walls.  Are we going to take ladders away from Mexico?

But the walls in prison DETER the prisoners.

Why are there walls around Estates? Businesses? Society is full of ladders..........do we take away society's ladders?

16 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

are either of these surrounded by desert or on the other side of the Rio Grande?

And those two things are why we don't need a coast to coast border wall. 

5 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

And those two things are why we don't need a coast to coast border wall. 

anything about the military bases at the border idea?

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

anything about the military bases at the border idea?

I replied to Kanil let's do all three. A wall, military bases and electronic surveillance. Instead of p!ssing money away for stupid sh!t overseas and/or domestically (like funding Planned Parenthood) spend it on securing the border.

Y’all do know legal immigration is still okay.  Always has been in this country, which is one of the most diverse in the world.

I just don’t understand how curbing illegal immigrants is a divided topic.

It wasn’t two years ago.

5 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

I replied to Kanil let's do all three. A wall, military bases and electronic surveillance. Instead of p!ssing money away for stupid sh!t overseas and/or domestically (like funding Planned Parenthood) spend it on securing the border.

So when we go fight a war and send the troops, who will watch the border? 

47 minutes ago, Kanil said:

You’re 100% right. Democrats should be pushing an immigration policy that calls for increased border patrol, electronic surveillance and strategic border fencing. They should oppose the 35-foot border wall idea because it’s a stupid idea. Dems who oppose it because it’s supposedly immoral etc. are playing Trump’s game.