Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

Kaepernick rebuffs offer to return to Pro Football

oh yeah, this the thing that signals he is no longer into playing.  He made what, 60 something million playing and still has big endorsements.  He should be looking to play in a B league for 80k a year.  I get you schmoes don't like him, but make better arguments.  

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

oh yeah, this the thing that signals he is no longer into playing.  He made what, 60 something million playing and still has big endorsements.  He should be looking to play in a B league for 80k a year.  I get you schmoes don't like him, but make better arguments.  

the argument has been made that he isn't good enough to prove he is worth the distraction.  So go out there and prove you are worth the distraction, he goes out and tears the league up and just plays football and someone would give him a shot

even this story is more look at me from Kap

But, can he still whine about being mistreated? Can he kneel somewhere as if there is still some mysterious plan to harm AA's?  

could be from Kaep, but makes more sense if it is from AAF...they need all the press they can get.  I hear ya, but I don't think I would do it if I was him.  He deserves a shot at a camp, not JV.  

2 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

He wanted $20m on the Moon.  

Idiot wanted more than he was worth to play in the NFL too.

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

He wanted $20m on the Moon.  

after all a source did say this, so it is without a doubt true.  that's the way we all think around here right?  

13 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

So holding out for any amount of money, should not count against his fake protest.  Got it.   

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

after all a source did say this, so it is without a doubt true.  that's the way we all think around here right?  

It would make sense given his pending lawsuit.  He isn't going to jeopardize an award for a regular AAF deal. 

17 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Idiot wanted more than he was worth to play in the NFL too.

But, if you don't pay him what he demands he can claim its "slavery" or some idiotic sh!t

51 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

But, if you don't pay him what he demands he can claim its "slavery" or some idiotic sh!t

Exactly

36 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Kap and his lawyer waiting for the brinks truck to arrive at his house.

Unbelievable

I just read they're saying $80m settlement.  No wonder he turned down 80k.

29 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I hate this fukkin world

unfortunately, for the NFL, this is the equivalent of giving a buck to that annoying black guy to get the off your business' stoop.

1 hour ago, Kanil said:

He'll definitely donate it all to the inner city future cancer curers he pretends to care about 

9 hours ago, wiffleball said:

unfortunately, for the NFL, this is the equivalent of giving a buck to that annoying black guy to get the off your business' stoop.

When I ran the waffle House, we had a homeless guy that would always hang out in the parking lot begging. I told him I'd give him a meal to go if he'd move along.

Guess what happened? Now we had lots of homeless guys coming by asking for free food.

If the NFL caves here, every washed up never was black player will scream "blackballed" and look for a check.

He has to prove collision. He can't. Pound sand. 

32 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

When I ran the waffle House, we had a homeless guy that would always hang out in the parking lot begging. I told him I'd give him a meal to go if he'd move along.

Guess what happened? Now we had lots of homeless guys coming by asking for free food.

If the NFL caves here, every washed up never was black player will scream "blackballed" and look for a check.

He has to prove collision. He can't. Pound sand. 

I'm pretty sure he had enough to prove it if they paid him $80m dollars.

55 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I'm pretty sure he had enough to prove it if they paid him $80m dollars.

Not necessarily, if they thought the months of bad PR during a trial would cost them more in the long run. Hell, legal fees alone would cost a good chunk of that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Not necessarily, if they thought the potential months of bad PR during a trial would cost them more in the long run. Hell, legal fees alone would cost a good chunk of that. 

Agreed. Sadly most high profile lawsuits fall Into that exact category. You're better off settleing and just getting rid of the turd. The costs of fighting. Along with the potentIal future losses, and you actually win In the long run.

Only bad part Is. If you settle, then In the court of public opinion, you look guilty. And It's just not so. You're just doing whats best for business.

16 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Agreed. Sadly most high profile lawsuits fall Into that exact category. You're better off settleing and just getting rid of the turd. The costs of fighting. Along with the potentIal future losses, and you actually win In the long run.

Only bad part Is. If you settle, then In the court of public opinion, you look guilty. And It's just not so. You're just doing whats best for business.

A second part of settling is now Kaepernick has to live up to his side of the settlement. Which means shutting up. His followers are going to ne disappointed.

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Not necessarily, if they thought the months of bad PR during a trial would cost them more in the long run. Hell, legal fees alone would cost a good chunk of that. 

This is the league that fought Tom Brady for years and was willing to go to Supreme Court over it.

Yeah, the PR hit matters, but I don’t think they cave and pay him off unless they are worried about losing. 

20 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

A second part of settling is now Kaepernick has to live up to his side of the settlement. Which means shutting up. His followers are going to ne disappointed.

Thats a good point I hadnt thought of. I'm sure he had to agree to a gag order. 

One statement bashing the NFL on his part from here on out. And he could be up shits creek. I wonder how long It'll take for those followers to start yelling sell out.

• Like 1

80/32 = 2.5 mil/owner.  This was a nuisance payoff because there was some dirty laundry he got in discovery they don't want released.  Nothing that would necessarily win him the case but internal workings they don't want publicized. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

This is the league that fought Tom Brady for years and was willing to go to Supreme Court over it.

Yeah, the PR hit matters, but I don’t think they cave and pay him off unless they are worried about losing. 

Major difference between taking Brady to court over alleged cheating and the Kaep situation.  Brady doesn't have knee jerk hashtag movements in his corner.  "Cheating Lives Matter! " just doesn't carry the same PR nightmare for the NFL. 

21 hours ago, Strike said:

80/32 = 2.5 mil/owner.  This was a nuisance payoff because there was some dirty laundry he got in discovery they don't want released.  Nothing that would necessarily win him the case but internal workings they don't want publicized. 

On 2/16/2019 at 11:38 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

I doubt he got 80 million. 

This guy knows things.