Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Chicago is most corrupt big city, Illinois third most corrupt state in country, study finds

Since 1976, when the DOJ began keeping track of public corruption statistics, there were 1,731 people convicted of public corruption in the Chicago area. In the same time period, there were 1,534 people in Los Angeles, 1,327 in New York, 1,165 in Miami and 1,159 in Washington D.C.

"These five districts, Chicago, Los Angeles, Manhattan, Miami and Washington D.C. led all of the 93 federal judicial districts for the 47-year period since 1976," according to the report.

The state of Illinois did not fare much better in the report, which examined convictions per capita. The District of Columbia led with 1,159 convictions (17.24 per capita) in the same 47-year period, followed by Louisiana with 1,202 (2.57), Illinoiswith 2,102 (1.63), Tennessee with 1,015 (1.54), and New York with 2,860 (1.44).

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-is-most-corrupt-big-city-illinois-third-most-corrupt-state-in-country-study-finds

Billy Ayers and  B. Hussein Obama disagree. 

I'm just finishing watching a History Channel documentary on the St. Valentine's Day Massacre and in 1928 Capone's South Side operations were bringing in 105 million dollars per year,can't even imagine how many hands must've been receiving envelopes.

Has been for a hundred years.  You couldn't pay me to live in Chicago.

So wait.  It's news that the most corrupt cities in the country are dominated by the Democrat party?  OMG!!!  I'm shocked!!!

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

So wait.  It's news that the most corrupt cities in the country are dominated by the Democrat party?  OMG!!!  I'm shocked!!!

I see you're going to ignore the southern states being on the states list.  Corruption is not party specific.  Both parties are focking disgusting.

8 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I see you're going to ignore the southern states being on the states list.  Corruption is not party specific.  Both parties are focking disgusting.

The top 5 are Chicago, LA, NY, Miami, and DC.... all dominated by democrats.  What am I missing?

I don't disagree with your last sentence though.

2 minutes ago, Kanil said:

I was talking about the states, not the cities.

And I was talking about the cities not the states... because I said "the most corrupt cities".

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

And I was talking about the cities not the states... because I said "the most corrupt cities".

Right but you were pointedly ignoring the states part of the article to make it seem one sided.

3 hours ago, Kanil said:

Right but you were pointedly ignoring the states part of the article to make it seem one sided.

Not really.  What states am I ignoring?  D.C was listed #1, so they're already counted a "D" heavy.  Illinois has been dominated by Democrats, as has NY. 

What, Louisiana?  They've had 2 democrat senators from 1884 - 2005.  It wasn't until 2005 that a Republican won a Senate seat and not until 2015 did they have 2 seats.  In the house, the Dems dominated the ranks until 1993.  Since 1971, there have been 7 Democrat governors and 3 Republican's.  You're going to tell me that Louisiana from 1971 to 2018 was predominately Republican?  I don't think so.

Since 1995, the Republicans dominated the house & senate in Tennessee, but prior it was Dems.  Since 1971, there have been 5 Republican governors and 3 Democrat.  At best, that's 60/40 Republican.

Cali, Texas, and Florida were also listed.  Florida isn't as "R" as you think it is.  Since 1971, Dems have occupied at least 1 Senate seat EVERY year, until this one and occupied both for 10 of those years.  This year is the first time since 1875 (yes 1875), that both seats were held by a Republican.  Prior to 1993, the Dems had a bigger role in the Senate, since it's be Republican's.  The last 4 governors (since 1999), are Republican, prior though, from 1971 to 1998, there were 5 Democrats and 1 Republican.  At best, we're talking 55/45 Republican.

Texas?   Democrats dominated the house prior to 1999 and the Republicans have a small edge since.  Since 2013, the Republicans have dominated the House.  In the Senate, it was 50/50 from 1971 to 1995.  Since, it all Republican.  Dominated by Republicans for governor.  So, overall, not really dominated by Republican until the last 10 years, but had a small edge in the prior 15.  The bulk of the prior 25 years is dominated by the Dems.  So, overall, if you want to say they're 55/45 Republican, that's fine.

So in the end, you have 3 states (Tennessee, Texas & Florida) that "slightly lean" Republican, 3 (California, Illinois, & NY) - 4 if you count DC are hard Democrat, and 1 (Louisiana), leaning Democrat.  What am I missing?

I’m amazed Daley lasted as long as he did and came out relatively unscathed.  

He was somehow a master at insulating himself from it all.

In the end, his policies and shenanigans basically left the city insolvent.   

Rahm was obviously not up to the task of turning it around.  

Not that I disagree with the findings, but this study seems to only track convictions for corruption. Seems like the MOST corrupt states and cities would have no convictions at all. 

11 hours ago, Kanil said:

You don't read so good. 

46 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Not that I disagree with the findings, but this study seems to only track convictions for corruption. Seems like the MOST corrupt states and cities would have no convictions at all. 

Well, it's federal convictions, taking state/local corruption out of the equation.

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

Well, it's federal convictions, taking state/local corruption out of the equation.

Ah, fair enough.

Kinda surprised to see Tennessee so high. Although we did have that big operation Tennessee waltz thing a few years back.

And the Ford family alone gets to top ten.