Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Daytona 500

5 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

And there it is.  I was really pulling for DiBenidetto.  Dude has been solid all day.

I jinxed him. :(

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

What's with the creepy smiling blonde?

Monster energy girl.  Theyre the lead sponsor for the entire series.  Gotta get their camera time.  It was kinda weird how far back she was.  They usually stand closer.

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Monster energy girl.  Theyre the lead sponsor for the entire series.  Gotta get their camera time.  It was kinda weird how far back she was.  They usually stand closer.

When Sprint was the title sponsor i didn't consider the race 'Official' until I saw the Sprint girl.   :wub:

The Winston Cup gal was a 58 year old lady named Bernie, who drove a Sebring convert able and sounded like smoked every 8 minutes.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

The Winston Cup gal was a 58 year old lady named Bernie, who drove a Sebring convert able and sounded like smoked every 8 minutes.

They got better.  Brooke Gordon was a Winston girl.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

When Sprint was the title sponsor i didn't consider the race 'Official' until I saw the Sprint girl.   :wub:

Dont know why they made them wear racing suits.

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Clint Boyer single handedly took out my team.   

He took out what was left of mine too. 

I have never been a big fan of NASCAR, but with all of their changes to start this "Chase" and "Stage winners" have really made it worse off IMO...

This is another thing that should have been just left alone...

• Like 1

Race was good but turned into a sh!tshow at the end. Ready to head to Altlanta to see who’s actually fast this year. 

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Race was good but turned into a sh!tshow at the end. Ready to head to Altlanta to see who’s actually fast this year. 

I'm ready to see the new aero packages---possibly every race could turn into a Daytona like sh!tshow.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm ready to see the new aero packages---possibly every race could turn into a Daytona like sh!tshow.  :dunno:

The racing is going to be similar to the trucks. The field will be tighter but the running order won’t change much from last year. I’m just ready for the Gen7 car the Gen5 and 6 have been a disaster.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Fireballer said:

She was really hot and had to stand there trying to keep a smile on her face for that really long interview.

Very good race until the last 20 laps.  Some very stupid moves cost us a great ending. 

Props to Shrub, for holding off everyone so his teammate could take it.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Very good race until the last 20 laps.  Some very stupid moves cost us a great ending. 

I’d wreck my dying grandfather out of the way to win the 500. Pretty sure Busch was just trying to set up a run. 

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

I’d wreck my dying grandfather out of the way to win the 500. Pretty sure Busch was just trying to set up a run. 

Kyle knew Hamlin was faster, no way was he passing him in a green white checker.  He did a great job of blocking.  The whole JD thing was a factor.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

Kyle knew Hamlin was faster, no way was he passing him in a green white checker.  He did a great job of blocking.  The whole JD thing was a factor.

But Denny won it in 16 and Busch hasn’t yet. The restart before the last Busch got the jump and Hamlin filed in. I think Busch didn’t get a great restart on the last one and took himself out of it there. 

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

With 30 laps left(75 miles), I jumped on the treadmill for a 3 mile run.  After that I cooked dinner which consisted of baked chicken breasts 45 minutes and steam vegetables---managed to finish that and eat before the race finished.    I could have have driven a Yugo75 miles faster than that race ended.   

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

With 30 laps left(75 miles), I jumped on the treadmill for a 3 mile run.  After that I cooked dinner which consisted of baked chicken breasts 45 minutes and steam vegetables---managed to finish that and eat before the race finished.    I could have have driven pushed a Yugo75 miles faster than that race ended.   

FYP.

• Haha 1