Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Samsung’s foldable phone is the Galaxy Fold, available April 26th starting at $1,980

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/20/18231249/samsung-galaxy-fold-folding-phone-features-screen-photos-size-announcement

Samsung first teased its foldable phone back in November, and at the company’s Galaxy Unpacked event today, it’s further detailing its foldable plans. Samsung’s foldable now has a name, the Samsung Galaxy Fold, and the company is revealing more about what this unique smartphone can do. Samsung is planning to launch the Galaxy Fold on April 26th, starting at $1,980. There will be both an LTE and 5G version of the Galaxy Fold, and Samsung is even planning on launching the device in Europe on May 3rd, starting at 2,000 euros.

5 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'd never spend 2k on a phone but....  Damn..  Me want.

if they promise a free replacement when my kid drops it in the shitter.  sign me up

10 minutes ago, Reality said:

I'd never spend 2k on a phone but....  Damn..  Me want.

If this gets good reviews, I may be in. And Im not much of a phone guy.

Id go back to a flip phone before I bought anything close to that.  

Im not a tech guy tho.  New gadgets dont really get me excited.  I text call email and browse the web.  Not sure what else I need.  I keep my phones until they fall apart.

I use my phone a lot, but $2000 is too rich for my blood (we'll see after a couple generations and improvements in the tech). 

The thickness on that when folded though. Not something I’m into. 

Actually, after watching the video it looks pretty cool. But damn, 2 grand is really pushing it for these things now. Just a few generations ago I was getting new iPhones for 200$ with a 2yr contract. Watch, next generation of this gonna be razor thin.

1 hour ago, dain11279 said:

Big screen would really come in handy for pron :banana:

what would you do with the other 23 hours and 59 minutes that day?

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

I wouldn't buy one if they were $200.

Get off my LAWN! 

so I can mow it

Just now, edjr said:

Get off my LAWN! 

so I can mow it

Collect the buds 1st. :ninja:

• Like 1

I'm not sure what will ultimately win.

1.  Smart phones are headed for foldable technology to become both a phone and a tablet.

2. VR technology is growing rapidly.

What do customers really want?  Do they want an actual physical screen or a VR overlay of the environment?

I've noticed almost every phone commercial now isn't selling the phone. It's selling some bullshit nonsense usually associated with the camera. And God damn if I know what the commercial with an animated childish Gambino is all about.

The point is, I think they've gone just about as far as they can go with both phones and cameras. And I still hold out hope that the whole camera thing craps out.

My guess? Is geared more towards some kind of wearable like a watch or ring. So far, has been disappointing, but just the hassle of carrying your phone everywhere you go might start to get old finally.

And no way. There has to be a certain price point with these phones. 2grand?