Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Zion Williamson’s shoe

Anybody catch that last night?

30 seconds into the big game, the most hyped player in the country, playing for the top ranked team, against their heated in-state rival busted through his shoe and injured his knee. 

Nike will have a hard time living this one down. 

This entire game was juiced up, mostly based on Zion.  I heard that tickets were going for costs in the thousands.

Then he goes down, and Duke....with what....5 total McDonalds All Americans? Lays a huge turd.....  Now don't get me wrong, Duke deserves to lose, and I take some joy in that happening.  But, the best form of basketball is played in the ACC and I look forward to these games each year because all i get when watching Maryland is the steady stream of steaming excrement that is played in the Big 10.  So this was a HUGE focking let down.

That aside, karma comes calling for Nike.....I can only hope that cosmic justice for that Keapernick gambit is coming to roost and this is the first of many....fockyea.....

8 year old Ming Li has already spent the last few hours in solitary confinement for her half-assed sewing job.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

8 year old Ming Li has already spent the last few hours in solitary confinement for her half-assed sewing job.

I was thinking that some Nike exec somewhere was feverishly dialing numbers to get his hands on those shoes to figure out where they were made, by whom, and who quality-checked them etc.....problem for him being that unless they were Asian or white, they are untouchable.....unless of course they blurt out something about transgender, or homosexual...then they get immediate protection.....

1 minute ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I was thinking that some Nike exec somewhere was feverishly dialing numbers to get his hands on those shoes to figure out where they were made, by whom, and who quality-checked them etc.....problem for him being that unless they were Asian or white, they are untouchable.....unless of course they blurt out something about transgender, or homosexual...then they get immediate protection.....

Congrats. You made a Zion thread political. I'd have thought it tough to do, but it was smooth and effortless.

13 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Congrats. You made a Zion thread political. I'd have thought it tough to do, but it was smooth and effortless.

My skills are legendary. 😎

19 minutes ago, shotsup said:

What is a Zion ?

I think it's a Lutheran Church or sumthin'.  :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Anyone paying 3k for a basketball game deserves to get punked.

I paid $550 for Bulls/Suns finals game 5 in '93 and the Bulls focking lost!

Last night's Duke vs UNC was a virtually meaningless regular season game.  Crazy

18 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I paid $550 for Bulls/Suns finals game 5 in '93 and the Bulls focking lost!

Last night's Duke vs UNC was a virtually meaningless regular season game.  Crazy

I suspect part of it might be that this was likely the last time we see this kid ever play there.....

1 hour ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

:lol: good lord

1 hour ago, MDC said:

:lol: The focking people are impossible to defend, no matter how hard I try

🤩

40 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

🤩

Lol. Give it a rest Ray.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Lol. Give it a rest Ray.

Alright....sorry, I had too much coffee today.....🤪

So, anyone think Wiliiamson pulled a Smollett?  Think he sabotaged his shoes so that he had an "out" to not playing the rest of the season without being called out?

I personally have never heard of anything like this happening.  Have any of you?

• Like 1

I heard that shoe is the Paul George model which the players like because it is lightweight. Probably not the best design for a big guy like Zion huh? 😀

So this kid is already tagged as the sure thing top pick in the NBA draft. Is he that good? People saying he shouldn’t even play the college season and just sit out and waltz into the pros. 

20 minutes ago, nospk said:

I heard that shoe is the Paul George model which the players like because it is lightweight. Probably not the best design for a big guy like Zion huh? 😀

There's some truth in that.  Nike should have probably had put in some sort of an air max shoe without the mesh.  My son has the PG playstation shoes that doesn't have any mesh.  That might have helped, but it's still probably not supportive enough for a big guy.

7 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

So this kid is already tagged as the sure thing top pick in the NBA draft. Is he that good? People saying he shouldn’t even play the college season and just sit out and waltz into the pros. 

Yeah.  Hes huge, can handle the ball, can run the floor and can elevate.  

43 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

So, anyone think Wiliiamson pulled a Smollett?  Think he sabotaged his shoes so that he had an "out" to not playing the rest of the season without being called out?

I personally have never heard of anything like this happening.  Have any of you?

Shoes have come a long way, but I had a pair of Adiidas Superstars in high school, and blew the toe out during a practice.  Looking back , it was a pretty poor design.  The rubber toe was fused and stitched to the upper but those seams was really weak.  

Either way, this was a combination of poor quality control and him being in the wrong type of shoe for his size.  

Alright couple things here.

1. UNC versus Duke in Cameron is always a hot ticket.  Last year was 2k for a ticket and this was before Zion.  It's simply supply and demand.  Cameron only holds like 9 thousand people and its a bucket list item for people.

2.  I don't think Zion was hurt all that bad.  Mild knee sprain.  I think it scared him and his family and he stayed out of the game for precautionary reasons. 

3.  Unlike the NFL there are very few instances where an injury kept a lottery pick like this out of the lottery.  May drop some but you get the picture.  Skipping the season would be dumb IMO and knee jerk reactionary overkill.

4. With that said the one and done rule is dumb.  Its an NBA rule though, not a NCAA rule.

1 hour ago, nospk said:

You sure they aren’t just calling the shoe that because George was wearing it at that US National Team practice in 14?

7 hours ago, Reality said:

Watched as it happened, not sure how something like that happens.

Slave labor ain't what it used to be.

focking liberals ruin everyting

odds are very good that Nike has been doing lots of research into cutting costs. Once you have maxed out how little you pay the Asian sweat shop workers, you then have to start downgrading the materials in order to keep the profits rising. Looks like they just past the sweet spot.

19 hours ago, nospk said:

It was the Nike Air Kaepernick, it automatically makes you take a knee.

Credit: Donnie Baker

• Haha 3

Explain something to me.

black athletes for the most part hate Trump and say he is racist. but proudly wear Nike sh1t?  :wacko:

31 minutes ago, edjr said:

Explain something to me.

black athletes for the most part hate Trump and say he is racist. but proudly wear Nike sh1t?  :wacko:

I am not following you on this one...   :huh:

Zion returned to the floor last night against Syracuse and looked outstanding.  That's the first time I've ever seen him play and here were times when he looked like a man among boys.  I'm not even sure who to compare him to. He's like a more athletic Charles Barkley. He should go #1 and be a superstar in the NBA.  

Showing no signs of the knee injury sustained when his shoe exploded, Williamson dominated the game, scoring 29 points as he made all 13 of his shots from the field. He also had 14 rebounds, five steals and a block.

15 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Zion returned to the floor last night against Syracuse and looked outstanding.  That's the first time I've ever seen him play and here were times when he looked like a man among boys.  I'm not even sure who to compare him to. He's like a more athletic Charles Barkley. He should go #1 and be a superstar in the NBA.  

He’s going to the Knicks, it’s already been arranged 

Zion is getting dunked on tonight.   Prolly Nas Little, maybe Garrison Brooks.  But it’s happening.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Zion is getting dunked on tonight.   Prolly Nas Little, maybe Garrison Brooks.  But it’s happening.  

Thanks for the heads up.  I’ll be tuning in.  Should be a good game. 

Great game tonight.  NC’s transition offense is no joke.  

Zion with 31 got it done when it counted.  The kid is pretty damned good.