Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

NFL Mock Draft - 2019

Recommended Posts

Good read, although fairly Chalk compared with other mocks I've seen. The only notes I would add is there is zero chance Kyler Murray goes outside the top ten, and the Browns aren't interested in the Ohio State DT, according to local reports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Cincy local I would be happy to have White there for the Bengals at #11 but I could see them going with Hockenson as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

At pick 4:   "As mentioned above, the Raiders are in dire need of someone to get pressure on the quarterback"

At pick 24: The Raiders addressed their lack of a pass rush with their first pick, and now they’ll address their need for a wide receiver.                 

Because they traded away what could be a future HOF defensive player in Khalil Mack (4 pro bowls and 3 first team all pro selections in 5 years) and a 1000 yard receiver in Amari Cooper.

Oakland management: "We have a great player what should we do? Trade him and let's draft another player and hope to God he is as good even though history tells us that probably won't happen. Brilliant!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, sderk said:

Because they traded away what could be a future HOF defensive player in Khalil Mack (4 pro bowls and 3 first team all pro selections in 5 years) and a 1000 yard receiver in Amari Cooper.

Oakland management: "We have a great player what should we do? Trade him and let's draft another player and hope to God he is as good even though history tells us that probably won't happen. Brilliant!"

Im a Mack fan as Ive followed him through college and seen him play several times.

But they are starting over.  It isnt just they let an elite guy go just yo draft another of his position.  They dont have to pay QB money for a rusher.  They arent close to winning.  So they decided to move him and gets picks to start over.  Wasnt a bad move for the Bears.  But at the same time it wasnt for thr Raiders either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Im a Mack fan as Ive followed him through college and seen him play several times.

But they are starting over.  It isnt just they let an elite guy go just yo draft another of his position.  They dont have to pay QB money for a rusher.  They arent close to winning.  So they decided to move him and gets picks to start over.  Wasnt a bad move for the Bears.  But at the same time it wasnt for thr Raiders either.

You probably follow closer than me on the Raiders but aren't the Raiders only a couple years out from a 12 win season? 2016 I think. What happened to them? And they are still going to have to pony up some money for free agent talent. Mack will be great for years to come and makes every other player on the defense better instantly, even if he is not putting up the stats himself. And Cooper had a case of the dropsies but really got better last year in the % of catches. Right up with the best receivers.

I guess it just confuses me what they are trying to achieve. And I like Gruden and want him to win. I wonder if they throw a wrench in the draft and pick a QB at #4. Wouldn't surprise me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on ff avg points per game, Mack had his best season last season with the Bears. 

Great players do make other players better, but better players also can make a great player even greater.  

I think that was the case last season. 

 Cooper was the same as he has been since he’s been in the nfl , a god game now and then.  

Raiders I think are doing the right thing , rebuild quickly either through the market or the draft. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually Cooper's catch % went up 20% from 2017 last year. He's getting better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why every mock has Haskins lasting until the Giants at 6.   I think a team like the Dolphins or Redskins will trade up to get him in the top 5 especially since the Jets have already announced they're making their pick available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Larry David said:

I don't know why every mock has Haskins lasting until the Giants at 6.   I think a team like the Dolphins or Redskins will trade up to get him in the top 5 especially since the Jets have already announced they're making their pick available.

The Jets traded 3 second round picks just to move from 6 to 3 last year. They will want more than that to go from 3 to 13 or 15. Maybe the Skins and Fins don't want to pay a higher price for a guy rated lower than Darnold was. There was even one report that the Dolphins are more interested in next year's QB crop. Haskins also bombed his 40 at the combine, which may temporarily depress his value. Regardless, Mock Drafts are more representative a week or so before the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Larry David said:

I don't know why every mock has Haskins lasting until the Giants at 6.   I think a team like the Dolphins or Redskins will trade up to get him in the top 5 especially since the Jets have already announced they're making their pick available.

Obviously, there will be some wheeling and dealing but Justin's mock draft pieces don't include trades. It makes things simpler from a writing standpoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

Obviously, there will be some wheeling and dealing but Justin's mock draft pieces don't include trades. It makes things simpler from a writing standpoint.

Understood.  My comment wasn't a reaction to Justin''s mock specifically just towards the consensus over all.  I realize this year's crop of QB is much weaker than last year's but I still find it hard to believe the best QB (debatable) will get out of the top 5, but you never know.   Maybe the Giants trade for Josh Rosen now that he's going to be available according to someone named Tony Pauline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Wonder what the Cards get for Rosen

Supposedly they want a 1st. Peter King says two talent evaluators would give a 3rd.  that kind of return likely won't go over well, but I agree that if Murray truly IS Kliffs guy you should go get him.

Or more likely the cards have multiple holes to fill and are trying to drive interest in order to trade down for a nice bounty of picks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ralphster said:

Supposedly they want a 1st. Peter King says two talent evaluators would give a 3rd.  that kind of return likely won't go over well, but I agree that if Murray truly IS Kliffs guy you should go get him.

Or more likely the cards have multiple holes to fill and are trying to drive interest in order to trade down for a nice bounty of picks.

 

I was thinking a 2nd would be fair.  Early to mid 2nd nyg wash or mia seem fair.  They have no leverage though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 10:42 AM, sderk said:

Because they traded away what could be a future HOF defensive player in Khalil Mack (4 pro bowls and 3 first team all pro selections in 5 years) and a 1000 yard receiver in Amari Cooper.

Oakland management: "We have a great player what should we do? Trade him and let's draft another player and hope to God he is as good even though history tells us that probably won't happen. Brilliant!"

This was a discussion most Raider fans were having months ago. Now we've moved on. This draft is deep at both positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×