Sign in to follow this  
sderk

Just heard Crabtree was released by Balt.

Good move, he did take last season off anyway. Plus now he can sign with a team that as a Qb that can actually make a pass down the field. 

17 hours ago, weepaws said:

Good move, he did take last season off anyway. Plus now he can sign with a team that as a Qb that can actually make a pass down the field. 

Yeah, Crabtree made a money grab and suffered for it... suffered in terms of lack of enjoyment and production.  He played with a crappy QB who couldn't get him the ball and then for a QB who couldn't throw the ball.  A match made in the abode of the damned.

I can see Crabtree with the Colts. 

maybe the Raiders will see they made a mistake and they will re sign him.

(evil laughter)

honestly, Crabbs had a good repore with Carr in Oakland.  I"m surprised the raiders cut him loose.   

That being said, given his most recent season, the Raiders may be able to re sign him at a reasonable price as a possession receiver opposite AB.   I have to believe Carr would be ok with the signing.  I doubt he'd say no to a guy who scored TD's playing with him in the past.

then if they actually sign Bell, they can use the first round draft picks to retool the Defense.

While offensive players often take a year or two to become productive, your top Defensive players often make an impact early, so this could well be the method they use to rebuild this team.