Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Dylan McKay suffered a stroke

7 minutes ago, edjr said:

Anytime someone within 10 years of me dies, it does suck. :(

He is/was 5 months older than me.  That really sucks.

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

yeah. you almost want to hear that it's drugs or something. drop dead massive stroke at 52 for no reason scares hell out of me.

5 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

This.

yeah, and when its something that could happen to me, like this or a heart attack, just makes me want to get out of the grind and off the grid

Just now, porkbutt said:

yeah. you almost want to hear that it's drugs or something. drop dead massive stroke at 52 for no reason scares hell out of me.

I turn 55 in 3 weeks.  I always figure most Hollywood deaths involve drugs or past drug usage.  

I didn’t watch 90210 religiously and most of my memories of the Dylan McKay character were when he was with Rebecca Gayheart, then when he was on heroin and with Vanessa Marcel....All that is to say, Luke Perry was very high on my man crush list back then. 

This is a sad day. 

Anyone remember the movie he was in about the chick who had cystic fibrosis...so she needs a transplant...he loves her so much so he starts tracking down possible donors

20 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Yeah. Terrible

30 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Anyone remember the movie he was in about the chick who had cystic fibrosis...so she needs a transplant...he loves her so much so he starts tracking down possible donors

The character 'Dylan' (different actor) in the show Bates Motel helped Emma get a lung transplant. :unsure:

I think when something like this happens we all sort of take a step back and think "Why couldn't it have been Brian Austin Green?"  

52 year olds don't just up and die - especially well off ones.

Was he a smoker, or do we find out later he was a user of some kind?

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

tedy bruschi was right on the edge due to a stroke

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

Roids?

4 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Cheaters never win, oh wait.

8 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Went to school with a guy who had a stroke when he was 8, so doesn't necessarily mean smoker/drugs/whatever.   It happens...

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Roids?

no thanks.  :P   but yeah, maybe that was a factor.  

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Went to school with a guy who had a stroke when he was 8, so doesn't necessarily mean smoker/drugs/whatever.   It happens...

2nd hand smoke?

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Of course it does - so do Siamese twins. Doesn't make it the norm or common.

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

I didn’t watch 90210 religiously and most of my memories of the Dylan McKay character were when he was with Rebecca Gayheart, then when he was on heroin and with Vanessa Marcel....All that is to say, Luke Perry was very high on my man crush list back then. 

This is a sad day. 

Rebecca :wub:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, drobeski said:

Who ?

I was going to say 'One of the guys your ex would fantasize about when you climbed on top of her', but that probably wouldn't narrow it down at all.  

• Haha 1

I always wanted to bang Emily Valentine. 

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

I was going to say 'One of the guys your ex would fantasize about when you climbed on top of her', but that probably wouldn't narrow it down at all.  

Now she fantasizes about getting a guy, any guy. 

:(

meanwhile.....

🙂

I had a small stroke...lost use of my right hand...(insert joke here).  They really couldnt find a cause...pipes were clean...but evidently a plaque must of busted loose.

No long term effects thank god..except becoming conservative

When I heard this news, the left side of my body went numb and my face started drooping to the left.

I think I had a second hand stroke.  :unsure:

6 hours ago, naomi said:

The character 'Dylan' (different actor) in the show Bates Motel helped Emma get a lung transplant. :unsure:

Movie called lifebreath...thanks to imdb lol.

actually the first celebrity thats hit home with me in I don't know how long

fwiw, my RL name is Dylan and my best friend is named Brandon and we grew up in the 90210 era.  I'm feeling it

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So my wife just yelled, "oh no! Luke Perry from Reeeverdale (aka riverdale on Netflix) just died.

She's never heard of 90210.

In fairness, I've never heard of Riverdale.

Doesn't seem to impact Us in bed.

11 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

7 months, 1 day older than me. 

I only met him once but the story is too good not tell given todays sad events. My wife and I are on a plane back from Mexico. Couple of rows ahead of us, these two brothers, young kids, are beating the hell out of eachother. Their poor parents are powerless to stop the crying, yelling and screaming. If you're a parent you understand. Sometimes there's nothing you can do. It was like this for close to two hours. Then about 10 minutes before landing it starts to get real bad. Out of no where, a man comes from first class. Hat, beard, sunglasses, blowing up a balloon. He ties it off, hands it off like he's holding out a sword to a king. Kneeling, Head down, arms up. Kids calm down in milliseconds. Plane damn near bursts into applause. 15 minutes longer and it probably would have started WWIII, but we landed before that could happen. We get off the plane, are waiting on line in customs. Finally get a good look at the guy and I say to my wife "Holy . I think that balloon man/hero" is Luke Perry". As luck would have it we end up standing next to each other. Out of the blue he turns to me and says some kind words about Fargo, which kinda blew my mind. I start singing his praises about how long I've admired him and also about the move with the balloon. "That's a pro move! You can't teach that!" I say. He tells me he always flies with a couple of balloons for that very reason, to give to screaming kids. Don't know if that's true, but have no reason to believe it wasn't. Guy seemed like a true gent. Gone way too damn soon. Also, I'll be damned if I don't start traveling with some spare balloons.

~Colin Hanks

• Thanks 1

I was just talking to one of my sisters and she was saying that Luke Perry was at her  boyfrineds dads house back in the day discussing movie roles. 
It wasn't a long convo (sis and I) but I got that het BFs dad may have been a semi big wig in the movie industry :dunno:

I'm gonna have to drill her on this...Either way, I loved me some Luke Perry.  Sad for his passing:(

interesting.... 

53499943_2412091508810676_7322555146712383488_n.jpg

On 3/5/2019 at 1:05 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

So my wife just yelled, "oh no! Luke Perry from Reeeverdale (aka riverdale on Netflix) just died.

She's never heard of 90210.

Is old enough to drink yet?