Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

John Wick

What I like about Wick is that he doesn't mess around, he just kills people.  And I appreciate that Reeves trains for the part.  It's interesting that he learns different styles for different characters.  Neo was more kung fu, whereas Wick was more judo/throws/groundfighting.

Apparently Vudu went in expecting War and Peace.  :dunno:

22 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

What I like about Wick is that he doesn't mess around, he just kills people.  And I appreciate that Reeves trains for the part.  It's interesting that he learns different styles for different characters.  Neo was more kung fu, whereas Wick was more judo/throws/groundfighting.

Plus those Russian focks killed his dog. Very sad visual when he comes to and finds his puppy had dragged itself over to die next to him, leaving a trail of blood behind it.  How can you see that and not root for good old fashioned vengeance? :mad:

14 minutes ago, DonS said:

Plus those Russian focks killed his dog. Very sad visual when he comes to and finds his puppy had dragged itself over to die next to him, leaving a trail of blood behind it.  How can you see that and not root for good old fashioned vengeance? :mad:

As many times as I’ve seen the movie, I never noticed that. Now I’m sad, mad, and wanting more vengeance for John Wick! :angry:

7 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

As many times as I’ve seen the movie, I never noticed that. Now I’m sad, mad, and wanting more vengeance for John Wick! :angry:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

A FOCKING PENCIL!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

I’m not above watching a dumb fun movie, but this does not seem like my kind of dumb fun movie.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m not above watching a dumb fun movie, but this does not seem like my kind of dumb fun movie.

No doubt you're more of a romantic comedy kinda boi

26 minutes ago, MDC said:

Cmon man, you watch so many obscure movies, this one is actually good.  :cheers:

What straight man wouldn’t enjoy John Wick? What’s next, gonna say “not a fan of Schwarzenegger movies.”? Stick to The English patient.

18 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Cmon man, you watch so many obscure movies, this one is actually good.  :cheers:

I don’t like CGI. I sometimes like martial arts movies but I can’t buy Keanu as a martial artist. Just looks cheesy and not in a good way.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t like CGI. I sometimes like martial arts movies but I can’t buy Keanu as a martial artist. Just looks cheesy and not in a good way.

I don’t believe there is much CGI in these movies at all. 

17 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

What straight man wouldn’t enjoy John Wick? What’s next, gonna say “not a fan of Schwarzenegger movies.”? Stick to The English patient.

Terminator, T2, Total Recall, and Predator are all great.  

Go suck a wick. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Martial arts movies? You even know what your talking about? It’s a shooty shooty bang bang movie, not martial arts. 

2 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I don’t believe there is any CGI in these movies. At least, it’s very little 

I don't know how much of it is CGI, but it's very choreographed.  In that way, it's very much like a superhero movie.  Fight scene after fight scene, and very little else.  I've seen it all a million times already.  It no longer interests me.  

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Martial arts movies? You even know what your talking about? It’s a shooty shooty bang bang movie, not martial arts. 

It's actually both.

We're gonna do judo, jiu-jitsu, and tactical gun work, so we can hold all the shots, no cuts. So we developed a style and reverse-engineered from there." Reeves, who had trained in movie martial arts for the Matrix trilogy, was game.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lukethompson/2017/06/13/john-wick-chapter-2-keanu-reeves-chad-stahelski-interview/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Yeah I don’t like shooty shooty bang bang movies either.

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yeah I don’t like shooty shooty bang bang movies either.

Like Voodoo and I said, it's both shooting and martial arts.  Stop being a kunt and watch it. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Like Voodoo and I said, it's both shooting and martial arts.  Stop being a kunt and watch it. :thumbsup:

I don’t really like action movies in general and this one looks especially cringey to me. I don’t watch that Marvel stuff or Bond, Mission Impossible etc. either.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t really like action movies in general 

😳...Okey doke, well I...I don’t even know what to say to that honestly. I guess that’s all that needs to be said.

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t really like action movies in general and this one looks especially cringey to me. I don’t watch that Marvel stuff or Bond, Mission Impossible etc. either.

Like I said earlier, the first one is good. It's halfway believable. 

The second one is just over the top silly. JW gets hit by a car that should have broken his legs but nope, he's fine. Some dude crashes his motorcycle 50 yards away and the motorcycle miraculously comes sliding to a stop right at JW's feet so he can jump on and ride away. 

They just took it way too far in #2 imo.

I like the scenes they do with no cut.  I think it was the first one in the club where he's chasing the wienerless dude from game of thrones where they go a couple minutes straight through multiple levels/rooms of the building without cutting.  Really cool.

The JW movies are great if what you're looking for is an action flick where you don't have to worry about plot.  I loved both and will see 3 (although not in theaters).

25 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

😳...Okey doke, well I...I don’t even know what to say to that honestly. I guess that’s all that needs to be said.

I like 80s action movies for the cheese / nostalgia factor: Die Hard, Road House, Mad Max, Conan etc. I like some newer martial arts movies. I like some westerns and gangster pics if they’re considered action.

Not interested at all in superhero movies, Bond, MI, etc. Action just isn’t my thing.  :dunno:

I like the movies.  It's good, mindless killing action with a basically horseshit story, but does have some elements that make it interesting.

His gun handling and training are for real; mad props for doing the work.

That being said, he's sloppy with his gun handling and borders on being unsafe.

I realize I'm being "that guy" nitpicking on that stuff, but it's my observation.

Regardless I enjoy the movies; as unrealistic as they are...which let's be real....they're ridiculous.

I'm looking forward to the next one as I do enjoy someone who can really handle a gun, reloads at a realistic pace (no 1000 round magazines) and kills the bad guys with extreme prejudice.

Little off topic sorta but watched mission impossible fallout on the plane Friday.  Damn thats a kick azz flick.

Cruise may be a nutball. But he makes good movies

14 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Little off topic sorta but watched mission impossible fallout on the plane Friday.  Damn thats a kick azz flick.

Cruise may be a nutball. But he makes good movies

Do you need to see the previous MI movies? I've seen a couple but pretty sure I never saw the one prior. 

22 hours ago, MDC said:

I like 80s action movies for the cheese / nostalgia factor: Die Hard, Road House, Mad Max, Conan etc. I like some newer martial arts movies. I like some westerns and gangster pics if they’re considered action.

Not interested at all in superhero movies, Bond, MI, etc. Action just isn’t my thing.  :dunno:

Why are you even in this thread? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, MDC said:

Just pretend John Wick is going after Russians that colluded with Trump. 

• Like 1

Loved the first one and didn't really like the second. Liked him in The Rivers Edge. What a Fawked movie that was. 

39 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Loved the first one and didn't really like the second. Liked him in The Rivers Edge. What a Fawked movie that was. 

I recognize the title but no clue what it's about. Care to give a quickie non-spoiler synopsis?  River's Edge that is. 

On 3/22/2019 at 8:18 AM, jerryskids said:

While He starred in some action films, usually as the bad guy, I'd say Warren Pease was more of a character actor.

Ironically, Warren Pease's greatest commercial success cane as a voice actor in the Pixar series, Tolstory.

On 3/22/2019 at 8:44 AM, DonS said:

Should be a rule. No dogs should die in movies.

Except for little yappy dogs in a comedy.

Also known as the Wanda clause.

19 hours ago, DonS said:

Do you need to see the previous MI movies? I've seen a couple but pretty sure I never saw the one prior. 

I think I have seen them all, and I was confused on the relationships. If you want to be clued in completely yes. Imo it's not necessary to have seen them all to enjoy it. 

On a side note, my uncle looks like he could be Tom Cruise's brother. 

Did you see the injury that cruise sustained while filming the last am I? It was brutal. He was jumping from building to building and his foot didn't clear the second building. His ankle snapped in his foot went in directions feet aren't supposed to go.

He may be a weirdo f*****, but I give him credit. They kept rolling the entire time and busted ass ankle and everything, he pulled himself up from falling off the ledge, jumped up and ran until he was off camera.

No way most pro athletes would have done that.

I'll see if I can find something on that.

Watched JW2 last night. Enjoyable, but I liked the first one more. The first movie had a more straightfoward revenge story. The 2nd one almost felt like The Warriors with all the different assassins and gangs coming out of the woodwork to get Wick.

Still planning on seeing the 3rd one when it comes out in May. 

I just watched both of them last weekend.

Really enjoyed the first one.

Second one was ok. It annoyed me how ridiculous it was. He gets in several car crashes, stabbed, hit by a car, and still just Kung fu-ing away.

Will definitely check out the third one. 

On 3/22/2019 at 8:08 AM, jerryskids said:

Yep. 
This and the boogey man scene. 

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I just watched both of them last weekend.

Really enjoyed the first one.

Second one was ok. It annoyed me how ridiculous it was. He gets in several car crashes, stabbed, hit by a car, and still just Kung fu-ing away.

Will definitely check out the third one. 

:thumbsup: