GuardBum

2019 Season Discussion

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

I also thought you had a player not yet drafted that youd be picking at this turn for sure (thought you might take him your first turn).

Well I think Jesse Chavez will be there in the 8th for me.

9 hours ago, BlackClouds said:

Well I think Jesse Chavez will be there in the 8th for me.

Not if everyone keeps taking all my players.  He might be my 5th rounder.

• Haha 1

Happy to get Matt Boyd here.  Also a bit shocked that Dan Norris was picked before him.  The upside is certainly there with the lefty but Boyd has a better lock on a rotation spot from what I understand.  Still a few players I'm curious as to why they are not off the board yet.

9 players so far drafted away from me.  Who's next Melvin Upton? 

35 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

9 players so far drafted away from me.  Who's next Melvin Upton? 

I'm at 11😕

No one is after any of my sh1tty a$s players anywhere near where I am taking them

3 hours ago, Jim Mora said:

I'm at 11😕

1 - Zack Greinke (me)

2 - Wade Davis (WW)

2 - Jorge Soler (me)

3 - Ervin Santana (me)

3 - Mike Minor (Mora)

4 - Jake Odorizzi (WW)

4 - Jeremy Jeffress (Mora)

4 - Brad Boxberger (me)

5 - Greg Holland (me)

9 of my players TOTAL, 5 of which were taken by me and the other 4 split between Mora and White Wonder.  The poor saps.

29 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

1 - Zack Greinke (me)

2 - Wade Davis (WW)

2 - Jorge Soler (me)

3 - Ervin Santana (me)

3 - Mike Minor (Mora)

4 - Jake Odorizzi (WW)

4 - Jeremy Jeffress (Mora)

4 - Brad Boxberger (me)

5 - Greg Holland (me)

9 of my players TOTAL, 5 of which were taken by me and the other 4 split between Mora and White Wonder.  The poor saps.

I was fairly confident you would have grabbed Wade Davis with your 2nd or 3rd rounder odorizzi I'm not sure about but you had your 4th and 5th rounder after me kind of feel like you might have picked him also if that's not the case then I'm sort of kicking myself because I could have had mallex Smith

also I knew if i passed on Mallex Smith, he would be Burts 6th round pick.... but im fairly deep at OF and have(had) literally no one capable of playing first base so I had to go Jake Bauers. I got the feeling that ZT was waiting to pounce if I passed. 

a need vs. want issue but I suppose Bauers should be a better source of HR and RBI while Smith may ultimately only be a better source of speed numbers.

1/2 - David Price (Guard)

1/2 - Tommy Pham (me)

1/2 - Wade Davis (me)

1/2 - Charlie Morton (me)

4 - Nate Eovaldi (BBascom)

5 - Jake Odorizzi (me)

5 - Mallex Smith (Burt)

5 - CJ Cron (BC)

5 - Jake Bauers (me)

6 - Brad Boxberger (CMH)

6 - Steve Cishek (Lambert)

11 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

also I knew if i passed on Mallex Smith, he would be Burts 6th round pick.... but im fairly deep at OF and have(had) literally no one capable of playing first base so I had to go Jake Bauers. I got the feeling that ZT was waiting to pounce if I passed. 

a need vs. want issue but I suppose Bauers should be a better source of HR and RBI while Smith may ultimately only be a better source of speed numbers.

Bauers/Hunter is what I was waiting on all day.

5 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Bauers/Hunter is what I was waiting on all day.

blame yahoo / san diego for Wil Myers losing 1B eligibility.... :mad:

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I was fairly confident you would have grabbed Wade Davis with your 2nd or 3rd rounder odorizzi I'm not sure about but you had your 4th and 5th rounder after me kind of feel like you might have picked him also if that's not the case then I'm sort of kicking myself because I could have had mallex Smith

My depth is lacking.  Anyone of relevance to me is pretty much an exclusive.  So if you want someonei could be considering you better be ready to pounce early.

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

8.08 - Jeremy Hellickson, SP, WSH

Grr, I was agonizing over Cobb/Hellickson.  Took Cobb hoping you valued him more, and I could get both. 

I think Hellickson has a lot more going for him.  :(

15 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Grr, I was agonizing over Cobb/Hellickson.  Took Cobb hoping you valued him more, and I could get both. 

I think Hellickson has a lot more going for him.  :(

To be honest I have a small list on my phone at work and Cobb is not there. Just feel like he's been hot garbage lately and pitches in a hitters park. 

My.pitching is thin though and I had wanted Hellickson and Smyly.. so if you had grabbed Helli I would have wanted Cobb but yeah, you would have had both as I would have prioritized a few players before him.

Kinda sad that I'm actually really excited about Jeremy freaking Hellickson. He's been pitching well so far in spring training 

Don't worry, I'll fill out my exclusives.  

I'm just completely bummed out by them.  :doh:

I'm trying to not over-pin.  Just putting some the smaller pick threads to the top and moving the most current ones up.  There are still Rounds 11-16 down below that also require picks from some.

At what point do we move on with this thing?

I was going to just skip the 7/8 rounds as it's been 24 hours + since those picks were on the clock but at this point it wouldn't do any good so 9/10 also direct OTC are also skipped.

All Cdub100's picks are "make" after that even though I think he had some errors so move on and he'll have to fill in the picks when he can.  If some one can get a hold of him, please do so.  We've made e-mails from the league which I 'd have hoped he was signed up for but after checking Mets (shotsup) is still probably getting those.  CMH needs to drop that team and get the invite out.  No one else has commish rights there.

And for the record, It's 8pm EDT now and I'm getting on the road and a plane in 7 hrs.  Going to sleep now.  I won't be back online steady until at least noon tomorrow.  If it gets to my last 2 picks in 11 and 12, SKIP ME.  I've got a few guys I might take but if they are gone or if I miss them I'll have exclusives or others.  TIA.  You can throw me under the bus for questions or backlash in the next 16hrs over the skips of anyone.

12 hours ago, GuardBum said:

And for the record, It's 8pm EDT now and I'm getting on the road and a plane in 7 hrs.  Going to sleep now.  I won't be back online steady until at least noon tomorrow.  If it gets to my last 2 picks in 11 and 12, SKIP ME.  I've got a few guys I might take but if they are gone or if I miss them I'll have exclusives or others.  TIA.  You can throw me under the bus for questions or backlash in the next 16hrs over the skips of anyone.

Enjoy!

I took Dyson in the 11th.  If he's really who you wanted there, let me know and I'll grab an exclusive instead. 

3 minutes ago, Jim Mora said:

Enjoy!

I took Dyson in the 11th.  If he's really who you wanted there, let me know and I'll grab an exclusive instead. 

Nope all good

Rays been done....

Done

Trying to clean my sh1t up. I know I drafted two players twice.

10 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

Think you got rd 7 & 8 still as well

Done. How do you want me to fix my two over drafts?

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Done. How do you want me to fix my two over drafts?

If you want to add a pick to replace in those rounds... or else leave it... when we input the draft to Yahoo we'll just give you a random DET exclusive minor league and you can pick up who is eligible you want later. 

Hopefully CMH sees that we need to input the draft so we can supplement pick with the available list on the site. 

Not trying to be a pain but how long do we wait for one person to draft in the supplemental before we skip them. I don't want them to miss out on the best picks available to them but I  would like to get this started before any regular season games start.

15 minutes ago, bbascom said:

Not trying to be a pain but how long do we wait for one person to draft in the supplemental before we skip them. I don't want them to miss out on the best picks available to them but I  would like to get this started before any regular season games start.

Dude we got a week and half. Cool your t1ts.

What's the link to the league?

5 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Dude we got a week and half. Cool your t1ts.

Not really, unless things changed, I believe we decided we were going to try to be done before the Japan games which start in 2 days. Just hoping to keep things moving. 

• Thanks 1

I'm at a universal theme park today.  Can someone text me who I need to drop and who to add to the league.  I'll try and do it when we stop to grab a bite to eat m. 816-261-6888

I probably need a good email to cdub

Might text me if it gets to my pick too

Can someone tell me which owner/ team to remove?

Mike's metropolitans?