GuardBum

2019 Season Discussion

All rosters are entered (thanks GuardBum) except for the final 3 supp picks. Season has started and is ready for adds/drops.

Cdub, lambert, and 29 Guests, just add your last player after you pick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BlackClouds said:

All rosters are entered (thanks GuardBum) except for the final 3 supp picks. Season has started and is ready for adds/drops.

Cdub, lambert, and 29 Guests, just add your last player after you pick.

Awesome. Good luck all!

Have to say I am jealous of my family owned cubbies 

Judge and Soto is a damn nice haul for an offense that is already pretty stout.

games start at 5:45 AM correct?  If Cdub doesn't appear by 9 EST, i'd say lambert and 29 guests should be able to finish off their draft and get their teams ready.

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

games start at 5:45 AM correct?  If Cdub doesn't appear by 9 EST, i'd say lambert and 29 guests should be able to finish off their draft and get their teams ready.

5:35AM ET according to MLB.com...

Sound fine with me

36 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Considering the roster additions have to happen before the games... that seems fair to me. 

5 hours ago, posty said:

That is mainly because of the team you are playing with...  Right??

It's just a very stale draft.  Most of my team is exclusives, either royals or players contributing with other teams.  But yes, because it's the royals.

That's a vote or commish answer. Not sure if and when we have precedent on that. Seem to recall it once before and it had something to do of when the games started...blahblahblah.  But it's been awhile. 

The concern is additional time is rewarded with additional information.  Players who might be waiting on test results could be a better option if information comes out after the test if the draft is complete.  Just curious how it works. Hopefully it won’t be an issue and the Lick will be made. 

I don't think it should be a forfeit, but he can't pick any exclusive players that are dropped by teams for roster reasons (and he doesn't push it past early tomorrow). 

Time mentioned for tonight is here. 

What does everyone think about a forfeit time of 535p est tomorrow? Its 12hrs after the first game. Almost 18hr from potentially the end of this draft otherwise.  Assuming Lambert and 29G get theirs in tonight. 

I'm ready to pick.  Was just waiting for someone to give the approval to do so.   I do believe we need to set a limit for the pick to be forfeited.  I also believe that any player who plays in a game before the pick should be ineligible.  

8 minutes ago, lambert58 said:

I'm ready to pick.  Was just waiting for someone to give the approval to do so.   I do believe we need to set a limit for the pick to be forfeited.  I also believe that any player who plays in a game before the pick should be ineligible.  

I agree, this makes sense. 

i'll text cdub in the am

im cool with him picking whenever. i dont want to be a hard ass or anything..... then again, we are in the middle of a known draft with a known time crunch before the season begins...

id say all players should be eligible. If he wants a mariner or athletic, its only hurting himself.

and I would also agree that the pick needs to be in before game 2 or its gone. just because luxury of letting more info come out on injured players... etc etc (even though I dont think its going to make much of a difference)

14 hours ago, lambert58 said:

Does the skipping of the pick forfeit the pick?  

12 hours ago, lambert58 said:

Nobody cares what you believe.

The recent addition by the Rays of Trevor Story has lit a fire under Tim Beckham.... Willy Adams has also stated he is feeling the competition....

17 hours ago, GuardBum said:

That's a vote or commish answer. Not sure if and when we have precedent on that. Seem to recall it once before and it had something to do of when the games started...blahblahblah.  But it's been awhile. 

I was late on a supp. pick at the all-star break by 2 days and was denied to make a pick a few years back

2 minutes ago, gratefulted said:

I was late on a supp. pick at the all-star break by 2 days and was denied to make a pick a few years back

I knew it had happened but couldn't remember the details.  Thanks for the reminder ted.

6 hours ago, bbascom said:

Holy hell Ted! I think you got enough HRs today alone...what a game to watch for the Dodgers.

If I only started Kike and Barnes I would've had 3 more

• Haha 1

I sat Beckham for Longoria figuring it was just a hot 2 game start in Japan..... 

• Thanks 1

gotta love making changes to your next day lineup, then adding a player off free agency and it reverts your lineup changes. Now charlie Morton and austin meadows are sitting on my bench :mad:

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

gotta love making changes to your next day lineup, then adding a player off free agency and it reverts your lineup changes. Now charlie Morton and austin meadows are sitting on my bench :mad:

Yahoo has always done that...  If you make any roster moves on the current day, anything set for future always gets reset...

18 hours ago, posty said:

Yahoo has always done that...  If you make any roster moves on the current day, anything set for future always gets reset...

oh i know. im just complaining about it.

17 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

oh i know. im just complaining about it.

Understood...

I added Aaron Brooks (P, OAK) today and then dropped him. I was looking at a starting lineups site and he was wearing a Cubs hat so I assumed he had played for the Cubs, but then I looked closer and he only accumulated minor league stats with the Cubs.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 9:20 AM, dcb291 said:

I added Aaron Brooks (P, OAK) today and then dropped him. I was looking at a starting lineups site and he was wearing a Cubs hat so I assumed he had played for the Cubs, but then I looked closer and he only accumulated minor league stats with the Cubs.

Had him as my QB back in the day. Always wanted to rip his head off when he'd throw one of his numerous picks, then walk off the field with a grin on his face.

6 hours ago, BlackClouds said:

Had him as my QB back in the day. Always wanted to rip his head off when he'd throw one of his numerous picks, then walk off the field with a grin on his face.

good old NFL aaron brooks..... i'm sure i had him on more than a few teams.

also, look at those Rays leading the AL East!

On 4/3/2019 at 12:00 PM, WhiteWonder said:

That's just one thing of my list of things that suck about Yahoo.  #1 on my list is you cant add/drop players for tomorrow's lineup after today's games begin like you can on ESPN.  You have to wait until after midnight Pacific time to do so....which means I have to do it the next day. That's not always possible for me due to work.

This AAA team is struggling to compete with the show.My 4 and 5 starters would be great if they were actually 4 and 5's on their respective teams but they are 1 or 2's in most cases.  Votto slow out the gate and Stanton didn't last.  Maybe back soon.  Maybe Vlad Jr will win the league for me by himself when he finally does get the call up.  Wonder if he pitches?

I miss not sure I could have got off to a better start. Yelich is on fire and carrying me right now.  Starting pitching hasn’t been the best but I have 9!starters to throw out there so I am racking up K’s.   

Just waiting for the bubble to burst...

It's been up and down so far. Story got off to a slow start but has bounced back. Meadows was on fire and is now hurt. Lost Dickerson as well. MadBum has been average which I guess I'll take. Blake Snell has been horrid since breaking his toe. Should have shut him down for a few weeks..... and then Glasnow who had a terrible spring training, looks like a STUD

focking postponement cost me probably 5 categories this week..... :mad: