Mike Honcho

Classic Rock question

Motley Crue  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is Kick Start My Heart a classic rock song

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

I'm listening to local classic rock station and right now they are playing Kick Start My Heart, feel like that's lowering the bar quite a bit on what is a classic.

Classic Rock doesn't refer to rock songs that are considered classics, but a time period of rock and roll.   Any song from that time period is eligible, and they have relaxed the standards as well since the "genre" was created.   HTH.

fock no.

I figure the station would like to expand on classic rock as much as they can.  Like playing Greta Van Fleet or other newer bands with classic rock feel.  otherwise if its older than 20 years..its classic rock.

10 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Was hoping for Dwayne Johnson . Am disappointed.

don't go away mad, just go away ...

:music_guitarred:

3 minutes ago, kutulu said:

What did Dr. Feelgood say?

for him its not a question easily understood.

2 minutes ago, kutulu said:

What did Dr. Feelgood say?

10 seconds to love

12 minutes ago, fandandy said:

Maybe they're tired of playing the same 75 songs for the past 20 years.

Seemed less than that...

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm listening to local classic rock station and right now they are playing Kick Start My Heart, feel like that's lowering the bar quite a bit on what is a classic.

I was listening to an oldies station awhile back that was playing Downtown by Petula Clark.  It caught my attention because we used to sing it in elementary school music class.  

They immediately followed it with Here I Go Again by Whitesnake. 

Whitesnake on the oldies station was weird enough.  But a screeching Coverdale on the heels of Petula Clark just seemed way out of place.  

They should have given us a Stones or Who buffer between those 2

While not the type to be played on most classic rock stations, that has always been a great badass rock song.

I knew I was getting old when I heard them play “I Used to Love Her” by GNR and “Smells Like Teen Spirit” by Nirvana in one supermarket trip. 😔 

• Like 1

The definition of Classic Rock is stuff that has always been as long as I can remember and non-classic rock is stuff that I do remember when it was new. And I remember when this song was released.

Also, ignore all that, I like the song and voted yes anyway.

Classic Rock is 1965-ish to 1979. 

Only the artists that had hits during this time period are allowed to have their songs from the 80's and 90's included.

For example, I Got My Mind Set On You by George Harrison and Rockin' In The Free World by Neil Young count as Classic Rock songs, even though they are late 80's songs.

80's Hair Metal bands do NOT count as Classic Rock.

57 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Only the artists that had hits during this time period are allowed to have their songs from the 80's and 90's included.

For example, I Got My Mind Set On You by George Harrison and Rockin' In The Free World by Neil Young count as Classic Rock songs, even though they are late 80's songs.

I’m good with this. 

Yes but regular old classic rock is now called classic classic rock. And you're old. :wave:

7 hours ago, Strike said:

Classic Rock doesn't refer to rock songs that are considered classics, but a time period of rock and roll.   Any song from that time period is eligible, and they have relaxed the standards as well since the "genre" was created.   HTH.

As much as I hate it, I agree with your post except for the dickheadish "HTH" tag at the end. 

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Also, ignore all that, I like the song and voted yes anyway.

Me too :(

12 hours ago, Drizzay said:

11 hours ago, vuduchile said:

I’m good with this. 

I like this as well however would also include like artists who kept it going well past the 90's,Seger,Petty,Mellencamp,Stones etc. as IMO their sounds rarely if at all changed that much.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Agree.