Sign in to follow this  
EternalShinyAndChrome

Refusing to Apologize - We Need More of This

On 3/14/2019 at 3:20 PM, MDC said:

but I do think he’s a smug little twerp. 

Wow! The irony meter just exploded. 

24 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Beto O’Rourke apologizes for joke about wife

In a taping of the “Political Party Live” podcast in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, he apologized for a campaign joke he made on a number of occasions -- in which he quipped that his wife, Amy, raised their children “sometimes with my help.”

While the jest picked up chuckles on the campaign trail, he apparently ruffled some feathers, with The New York Times reporting that his comments “elicited both laughter and derision” and cited tweets that criticized him for unwittingly exposing the double standard between male and female candidates.

“This is not the first time Mr. O’Rourke has been accused of appearing to revel in his advantages as a white male in an increasingly diverse Democratic Party,” the Gray Lady declared.

That criticism was quickly acknowledged by Beto.

"Not only will I not say that again, but I'll be more thoughtful going forward in the way that I talk about our marriage, and also the way in which I acknowledge the truth of the criticism that I have enjoyed white privilege," he said on the podcast.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-apologizes-for-joke-about-wife-teenage-murder-fiction

Even though he's a privledged straight white male, he is a cuck, so he stands a chance. 

13 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

Beto O’Rourke apologizes for joke about wife

In a taping of the “Political Party Live” podcast in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, he apologized for a campaign joke he made on a number of occasions -- in which he quipped that his wife, Amy, raised their children “sometimes with my help.”

While the jest picked up chuckles on the campaign trail, he apparently ruffled some feathers, with The New York Times reporting that his comments “elicited both laughter and derision” and cited tweets that criticized him for unwittingly exposing the double standard between male and female candidates.

“This is not the first time Mr. O’Rourke has been accused of appearing to revel in his advantages as a white male in an increasingly diverse Democratic Party,” the Gray Lady declared.

That criticism was quickly acknowledged by Beto.

"Not only will I not say that again, but I'll be more thoughtful going forward in the way that I talk about our marriage, and also the way in which I acknowledge the truth of the criticism that I have enjoyed white privilege," he said on the podcast.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/beto-orourke-apologizes-for-joke-about-wife-teenage-murder-fiction

Ok. Fock you Beto. I was gonna give you a chance and hear what you have to say. I just heard enough.

On 3/14/2019 at 12:20 PM, MDC said:

I don’t think he should apologize for things he said 10 years ago on a shock jock program, but I do think he’s a smug little twerp. 

I'm OK with this.  :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Ok. Fock you Beto. I was gonna give you a chance and hear what you have to say. I just heard enough.

Seems like the Dems are beginning to eat their own, and Beto the beta is just letting it happen to himself.  He should have given them a hearty Fock You and explain that the joke disparages him and not his wife.

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm OK with this.  :thumbsup:

Seems like the Dems are beginning to eat their own, and Beto the beta is just letting it happen to himself.  He should have given them a hearty Fock You and explain that the joke disparages him and not his wife.

Any candidate that uses the terms white privilege or male privilege can go fock himself.

I will not support any candidate who thinks people should be treated differently because of race or gender. 

29 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Any candidate that uses the terms white privilege or male privilege can go fock himself.

I will not support any candidate who thinks people should be treated differently because of race or gender. 

Well, then you are voting for Trump.  

6 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Welcome aboard the Trump train, TBBOM!   

Not a big fan of Trump myself, but he's better than the alternative(s)!!!