Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

OBJ traded to the Browns!

Landry and Odell, teammates at LSU reunited. Chubb and Baker young guns, plus Kareem. This is like the official changing of the guard for CLE.

Update: The Cleveland Browns are getting star receiver Odell Beckham Jr. from the New York Giants for a 2019 first-round draft pick, a third-round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers, according to multiple reports.

Wow...id take obj over a 17th pick and a 69th.  My browns made out like bandits!!  He is still young...

Fresh legs abound....perriman...laundry...callaway...obj...good god we need more footballs.

:pointosky:

I think the Browns overpaid for perhaps the biggest diva in the league.  

He has been amazing at times, and Landry on the other side is no joke.    But that’s a lot to give up  

We’ll see 

4 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

He has been amazing at times, and Landry on the other side is no joke.    But that’s a lot to give up  

We’ll see 

He has been amazing at times, and Landry on the other side is no joke.    But that’s a lot to give up see 

Wtf. I didn't mean to quote, yet it wouldn't let me delete the quote. 

I dont know if Mayfield will put up with OBJ being a diva if he is spreading the ball around. 

We’ll see 

What?   He is a mile away from AB status as a diva.

23 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Wow...id take obj over a 17th pick and a 69th.  My browns made out like bandits!!  He is still young...

Fresh legs abound....perriman...laundry...callaway...obj...good god we need more footballs.

:pointosky:

Obviously.

The wild card that casual fans seem to want to dismiss is that he is still an idiot.

• Like 1

Odell is just 26 years old.

Like I say, the 2020s is gonna be Browns vs Chiefs going to war for the AFC.

34 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

What?   He is a mile away from AB status as a diva.

Have you followed OBJ’s NFL career at all?  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Odell wants a new contract already because AB got one and its not fair.

In the NFL, a player is wise to try and get a few extra dollars anytime he has the leverage to do so. More power to him. 

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

They paid the equivalent of peanuts to get a top 3 wr in his prime. 

I love these random claims.  

They also have to have thr highest paid wr in thr nfl a position that barely matters compared to others.

And deal with his crying.

Of course the comp on paper is a steal.  But this isnt fantasy football.  Raiders got a waaaaay better deal of you want to look at it like that.  

Not saying the Browns shouldnt have done it.  They are going for it and this is how you go about doing that.  Just saying that I love the fantasy players in here getting giddy over diva WRs.

You just know it's killing HT not being able to respond to this thread.  :lol:

6 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

In the NFL, a player is wise to try and get a few extra dollars anytime he has the leverage to do so. More power to him. 

Not saying players shouldnt try to get theirs.  Just that of course ODB wants this after signing for the highest paid money a WR ever got at the time.  Browns knew what they signed up for.  They are loading up and going for it.  There will be risks that will have to be taken.

Id rather bring in a elite D player than a diva WR.  But that is just me.

They should be scary on offense if everyonr gets along.

I don’t love trading for highly paid diva WRs but this is one case where it makes sense. Browns have a young stud QB and a playoff caliber D at a time when their division is in decline. They haven’t won a playoff game as an expansion franchise and hammer been in the postseason since 2002. They saw an opportunity to vastly upgrade the O by adding a young stud receiver for a good price. Cheers to them.

Giants are going to suck hard next year. They lost arguably their best players on either side of the ball. What a tire fire.

Hey but at least they have Bark who will be losing his tires by the time they are good again!  

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

As an ODB dynasty owner and fan....helllzya

I don't see this working out with Jarvis. He's an alpha like ODB. I think this ends poorly for Cleveland:dunno:

31 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

:thumbsup:

Just now, shorepatrol said:

I don't see this working out with Jarvis. He's an alpha like ODB. I think this ends poorly for Cleveland:dunno:

The price was so low I doubt it. If they get two ODB years out of ODB and make the playoffs he already paid for himself. 

Just now, MDC said:

The price was so low I doubt it. If they get two ODB years out of ODB and make the playoffs he already paid for himself. 

The front office may be great with that but the fans won't be when this implodes with 2 diva WR's

Just now, shorepatrol said:

Jarvis and ODB kinda have a relationship already. One may even say it’s a good relationship. One could also say they’ve played on a team together and that they have openly dreamed of doing so again. 

4 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

They are best friends.

But yeah that is a lot of balls to go around eapecially if they plan on running the ball.

Just now, cbfalcon said:

Jarvis and ODB kinda have a relationship already. One may even say it’s a good relationship. One could also say they’ve played on a team together and that they have openly dreamed of doing so again. 

One could say that all day long. We'll see if Jarvis can hold his tongue being a #2. And he will be a huge #2 now. 

Rumors are Dorsey going after Thomas to replace peppers....wow...going for it!!!

1 minute ago, frank said:

It’s the Browns. They will screw it up. 

I really believe this. It's a shame. That team is LOADED on both sides of the ball. Baker will need to be a great leader for this to work

Phenomenal deal for the Giants. To dump that clown, dump that salary and get a 1st and 3rd? Home run.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Phenomenal deal for the Giants. To dump that clown, dump that salary and get a 1st and 3rd? Home run.  

And peppers. It was basically two firsts and a third.

I like the Giants side of this trade. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

As an ODB dynasty owner and fan....helllzya

Yet you lack RB depth in that league and Kat Fancy lacks WR talent (sorta)
Trades? hmmm :music_guitarred:

Odell to the Browns and Antonio Brown to the Raiders..... morons.  They'll both regret it.

• Like 1