Sign in to follow this  
Brutal Brutus

Le'Veon Bell to the Jets

Best off season in nfl history.  

Been loving all this action.  

No one is worthy of being paid that much money, ever. 

• Like 1

Isaiah Crowell has $2 million of his $4 million salary guaranteed on Friday so he may get cut, leaving Bell, Elijah McGuire and Trenton Cannon.

6 hours ago, Brutal Brutus said:

4 years $52 million. 35 guaranteed... Was it worth it?

If he would have suffered a serious injury last year, yes. We will never know that so the answer is going to vary for everyone

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Best off season in nfl history.  

Been loving all this action.  

No one is worthy of being paid that much money, ever. 

No one? The owners aren't?

no one knows ...yet

if he comes out the gates putting up 1800 yards which we all knwo he can and gives the jets a top 3 rb and a great slot, if he helps make darnold the player they want him to be then yes he is worth every penny 

Owners aren’t either. 

No one is worthy of being paid that much money.  

But once again what a great offseason. 

I mean Brown and Beckham both end up on new teams. 

He cost himself money with his shenanigans and is getting paid less than he was dreaming of. It’s not a bad landing spot for his fantasy value as he should catch a lot of passes. If he can elevate Darnold he can be a solid RB1 but I’m not drafting him in the top half. As we have seen, PITT is the land of milk and honey for fantasy so don’t expect the same output from either Bell or AB (without Ben he was barely a wr2).

Really would have liked to see Bell land with the Bucs.  

In a non ppr I think his value could be to high, his best value will be in a ppr league. 

thing is we can say he cost himself money but per year wasnt his main motivation, he wanted secured money over 4 years and that exaclty what he got.

do the jets even have a wr?

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, tanatastic said:

He cost himself money with his shenanigans and is getting paid less than he was dreaming of. It’s not a bad landing spot for his fantasy value as he should catch a lot of passes. If he can elevate Darnold he can be a solid RB1 but I’m not drafting him in the top half. As we have seen, PITT is the land of milk and honey for fantasy so don’t expect the same output from either Bell or AB (without Ben he was barely a wr2).

I think this is a total misconception.  No Adam Gase offense, in Miami or when he's been a Coordinator, has ever averaged more than 3.7 receptions per game to the RB's as an entire group.  I don't see Gase changing his offense to suit Bell.  I also don't think Gase is creative enough to make the best use of him.  I like Gase quite a bit as an offensive coordinator, but I don't think Bell was his signing.  I also don't think he's going to be a top 3 RB unless it's 100% due to being overused and volume.  His running style isn't going to fit with the Jets.  Just my humble, and often incorrect, opinion. 

I don’t see him being a top five rb. 

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I don’t see him being a top five rb. 

Not on this team.   

Hes probably still a low end RB1, but RB stats generally follow the fortunes of the team itself.

playing  on a team that's not as good, he wont get the garbage time carries. 

He will get the garbage time touches.  

But based on a non ppr formate, he’s not a top five rb, and low very low rb1. 

The Jets will be an improved team, plus they will have the rebuilding Dolphins and a Buffalo squad without much offense.  Even with that, I think an offense has to be tailored to Bell's running style.  It's not normal.  You need blockers who can hold a block for much longer than normal while he decides where he's going with the ball.  The Steelers were able to do this because of their stars at the WR position.  The Jets do not have a strong offensive line and Gase likes the plays to be of the bam-bam variety, quick.  I have to wonder how the passing game is going to jive with the running game when one is a patient, almost slow, style and the other is more up-tempo where the QB is supposed to get rid of the ball asap.  It will be an interesting juxtaposition.  Yep, I may be the first person on any fantasy football site to have worked 'Juxtaposition' into a sentence pertaining to an offense.  : )

For what it's worth, I also believe the Jets should trade down from #3 in the draft and get some protection for Bradford and some folks to open running lanes for Bell.  60% of that line needs to be upgraded immediately and they have no rotational guards/tackles either.  Trade down, build the line and protect your franchise QB & new additions. 

44 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

For what it's worth, I also believe the Jets should trade down from #3 in the draft and get some protection for Bradford and some folks to open running lanes for Bell.  60% of that line needs to be upgraded immediately and they have no rotational guards/tackles either.  Trade down, build the line and protect your franchise QB & new additions. 

I'd agree.    I dont know that it will happen, but I agree.

The Jets have been refreshingly candid about wanting to move down. They want to get back some of the picks they gave up for Darnold last year. The issue for them is Scouts aren't grading Haskins and Lock as high as the top guys last year. The Jets will have to lower their asking price if they want to move down.

I dont know, I think if a team is wanting to move up and they dont want to grab Kyler Murray.  This is a good place to trade up to.

Kyler is not at the top of a few boards because of his height deficiency.   I dont want to speculate, but I'd guess 1/3 to 1/2 of the teams have a different QB at the top of their board.

Assuming you dont want to trade up to #1, this is the place you land.

I agree that the Jets are the place to go if you want Haskins or Lock, or even Q. Williams, I just don't think the Jets can expect the same return as they gave up last year, which was 3 second round picks.