Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

++ Update: Tyreek in trouble - No Suspension ++

"Tyreek Hill under investigation for allegations of battery, per KC Star. Chiefs: “The club is aware of the investigation. We’re in the process of gathering information and have been in contact with the league and local authorities. We’ll have no further comment at this time"

They didn't say all that much but the early report implied that it may have been his fiancé who was involved, but the info was a little vague at this point, stay tuned...

Link to story

A source familiar with the situation said Hill’s fiancee has been in contact with Overland Park police. The source said that the incident was against the couple’s 3-year-old son, resulting in a broken arm.

As of Friday afternoon, Hill had not been charged with a crime.

Yikes.  if this is true, there wont be any sympathy for this.   This might be on par with the Rice incident which ended his career.

12 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Yikes.  if this is true, there wont be any sympathy for this.   This might be on par with the Rice incident which ended his career.

Considering how young Hill is and his incredible ability, he won't go unsigned, if he is charged. Rice was obviously on the decline

there is that, but I do think Rice had at least one (possibly two) years left in the tank.

While I'd say beating up your girlfriend (who is an adult) is a terrible thing......  beating up a 3 year old child has to be considered a far more serious offense in my mind.

I think the NFL will throw the book at him if there is any truth to this report.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

there is that, but I do think Rice had at least one (possibly two) years left in the tank.

While I'd say beating up your girlfriend (who is an adult) is a terrible thing......  beating up a 3 year old child has to be considered a far more serious offense in my mind.

I think the NFL will throw the book at him if there is any truth to this report.

I agree that they will, as they should. Rice had a year left in the tank as a less than average rb. Not worth the media circus to have a not very productive rb at the end of his career. 

The latest per Adam Schefter and ESPN...

According to a police report obtained by KCTV, police in Overland Park, Kansas, were called to Hill's home Thursday to investigate an alleged battery in which a juvenile was a victim and Hill's fiancée is listed as "others involved." Hill was not listed on the report.

Officers were previously called to Hill's address March 5 to investigate a report of child abuse or neglect. Hill's name was listed on that report. According to Overland Park police, the case was closed three days later when prosecution was declined.

Nfl needs to lay down the law on these guys. 

They need if indeed found guilty, like we all know Rice was and we all know Hunt was guilty we saw it on video. 

They need to stop them from playing th game, and get a second change on life outside of the nfl.  

If you cut of the head and in this case their cash flow others will dummy up. 

I don’t know if Hill is guilty at this time, but if so he to should find a new carrier, and if they do that others will get the point, you abuse any child or woman, and it don’t matter how bad the abuse is , and if you remove them from their cash flow others will get point, and the nfl will show some value as a business that indeed says we don’t condole this type of behavior from the nfl family   

I hope Hill and the family aren’t guilty of any wrong doing. 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

Nfl needs to lay down the law on these guys. 

They need if indeed found guilty, like we all know Rice was and we all know Hunt was guilty we saw it on video. 

They need to stop them from playing th game, and get a second change on life outside of the nfl.  

If you cut of the head and in this case their cash flow others will dummy up. 

I don’t know if Hill is guilty at this time, but if so he to should find a new carrier, and if they do that others will get the point, you abuse any child or woman, and it don’t matter how bad the abuse is , and if you remove them from their cash flow others will get point, and the nfl will show some value as a business that indeed says we don’t condole this type of behavior from the nfl family   

I hope Hill and the family aren’t guilty of any wrong doing. 

Idk exactly at what point a player should be banned for personal conduct issues, but these guys should not be banned for one incident. Why does the NFL need to ban them, but it's ok for them to work somewhere else?

31 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Idk exactly at what point a player should be banned for personal conduct issues, but these guys should not be banned for one incident. Why does the NFL need to ban them, but it's ok for them to work somewhere else?

It's not my business. Doesn't really bother me in the end. I prefer the law works correctly rather than whatever the NFL does. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sderk said:

It's not my business. Doesn't really bother me in the end. I prefer the law works correctly rather than whatever the NFL does. 

What law tho?  These guys get away with more than your average citizen.

Im not sure at what point you ban guys.  Who cares?  It isnt any of our league.  They can do as they feel.

Just a sad day when anyone defends a guy who punched and strangled his pregnant GF.  Then "potentially" may have broke the same kid's arm who was in that womb the 1st time....this time at age 3.   I dont care to give a guy like that the benefit of the doubt.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Just a sad day when anyone defends a guy who punched and strangled his pregnant GF.  Then "potentially" may have broke the same kid's arm who was in that womb the 1st time....this time at age 3.   I dont care to give a guy like that the benefit of the doubt.  

This. The kid came into the league with baggage.

8 minutes ago, ralphster said:

This. The kid came into the league with baggage.

Yes he did. He should be punished accordingly. I don't understand why he should be banned from his job as an NFL player but not banned anywhere else he goes to make a living

Talking about banning a guy, you're not just punishing him, hidwhoke family suffers financially. I bet any money his gf wouldn't want him banned

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Yes he did. He should be punished accordingly. I don't understand why he should be banned from his job as an NFL player but not banned anywhere else he goes to make a living

You dont?

Hard to ban a guy from a league (CFL did it).  

It is up to the owners.  They did it with Kap.  Gregory is getting kicked out of the league and guys like him for smoking weed.  (While pain killers in the nfl was always the problem and was a country wise epidemic).  

So why cant they start kicking guys out of the league for multiple instances of violence vs women or children?  They can do what they want.  Will they?  Who knows.  Not shocked by anything anymore.  This could be nothing or covered up by them to keep him out of too much trouble.  She will take the fall or something.  

Im not saying go around banning guys left and right.  But a code should be in place that if you are assulting people more than once through NCAA and NFL play then see ya.  

Not stable enough to take any more hits to the head.

I would rather Hill be playing in the NFL than cooking my food or fixing my car. If you ban him from one job, then you are making a case for just killing him, because then he should work for no other job. What other choice is there? You want him banned from the workplace so those who work can take care of him?

Why is the NFL a privilege but other jobs aren't? No matter what they are?

2 hours ago, sderk said:

I would rather Hill be playing in the NFL than cooking my food or fixing my car. If you ban him from one job, then you are making a case for just killing him, because then he should work for no other job. What other choice is there? You want him banned from the workplace so those who work can take care of him?

Why is the NFL a privilege but other jobs aren't? No matter what they are?

They are.  Some jobs require you to pee in a cup and they dont let you work their job if you cant be responsible enough to pass it.  

People who hire cooks or mechanics can look at his background and decide not to hire him.  Im not understanding your question?   

The NFL has taken a hard stance on semi legal weed and it has ended careers.  I think they could take a real stance on abuse.

Again im not saying go ban everyone.  But multiple time scum bags (maybe hes guilt free here) should be held much more accountable than some guy who likes to smoke weed.  NFL basically treats them the same and its pathetic.  

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article228014084.html

KC Star calling for Hill to be cut if he was was violent

The thing is there is likely NO video (and on the small chance there is, an even smaller chance it will be seen) of this incident, as far as we know just a 3yr old and 2 adults with vested interests.

In several of the recent cases involving domestic violence accusations of NFL players the victim has recanted prior to a court case, possibly as the ramifications become clear. Suspect the same happens here eventually.

The mom of the 3yr old is reportedly pregnant and likely relies on Hill for financial support so what hurts Hill hurts the rest of her family, conceivably.

I'm a bit skeptical Hill gets what is coming to him, if in fact any punishment is even deserved in this case. It almost seems like its just a matter of time though until he is caught being who he has been previously.

15 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

They are.  Some jobs require you to pee in a cup and they dont let you work their job if you cant be responsible enough to pass it.  

People who hire cooks or mechanics can look at his background and decide not to hire him.  Im not understanding your question?   

The NFL has taken a hard stance on semi legal weed and it has ended careers.  I think they could take a real stance on abuse.

Again im not saying go ban everyone.  But multiple time scum bags (maybe hes guilt free here) should be held much more accountable than some guy who likes to smoke weed.  NFL basically treats them the same and its pathetic.  

I'm not really disagreeing. If he is found out to have hurt his wife and kid, again from what I understand, get rid of the guy. But I would hope more that he would end up in prison if he did those things. I care more about criminal justice than entertainment industry justice.

While there may be no video I would think if we get to see a photo of the kids arm in a cast or an Xray of the broken arm etc (if Hill did it) it would be as powerful as a video and he would be gone. Again IF he did it.

if the law find him guilty this is his 2nd chance, and as far banning ppl from the NFL my arument for it is that it should be a privilage to play in the top leauge and get paid so well.

and the diffrence between him playing in the NFL or Fixing your car is his platform to Millions of people who see's someone committe these crimes and continue in work like nothing happened compaired to being banned and ending up flipping burgers which shows a huge impact for his actions and also he loses his platrom to influence people 

• Like 1

If he did it, he should be brought up on charges and possibly receive jail time.  If that happens, being cut or banned from the NFL should be the least of his worries.  If he didn't do it, then nothing should be happen.  Need to let the process take it's course and move on from there.  That said, if the Chiefs want to cut him today, then I really see no problem with that.  Hill does not have the right to play for the Chiefs or any NFL team.  If the Chiefs cut him and someone else signs him, then that's fine too.

If he's not playing football, he may as well get an early start and check into prison now and bypass the court system since that's his destination.

627695512.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1

On 3/16/2019 at 5:05 AM, sderk said:

There is one fundamental problem with the law.

to press charges such as Battery, there has to be someone pressing charges.   

After such an event, the player makes nice tells her he loves her and it will never happen again, she drops the charges, and the income keeps flowing.

That is the problem with the law.    There are some jurisdictions where the state can press charges but without a witness that is cooperative (quite often the wife/GF) proving a case is rather difficult.   Especially when the player involved can hire a top lawyer.

I still believe that the problem is not solely on the shoulders of the NFL to solve.   College football is just as responsible as they quite often cover up things players do to keep them from getting suspended.   At that time players learn they can do whatever the hell they want.

player gets in a bar brawl?  no problem, the local sheriff will keep this quiet and resolve things without pressing charges.

the list likely goes on and on, and in some places gets out of control

then you take those players, and give them millions of dollars, and they think they can do whatever they want with no consequences.   its no surprise this is the end result.

the world makes it very easy for these young men to become what we dont want to be.   we look at the NFL for answers, but we should also be looking at college football and law enforcement to clean their act up as well.

5 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

After such an event, the player makes nice tells her he loves her and it will never happen again, she drops the charges, and the income keeps flowing.

That is the problem with the law.    There are some jurisdictions where the state can press charges but without a witness that is cooperative (quite often the wife/GF) proving a case is rather difficult.   Especially when the player involved can hire a top lawyer.

I still believe that the problem is not solely on the shoulders of the NFL to solve.   College football is just as responsible as they quite often cover up things players do to keep them from getting suspended.   At that time players learn they can do whatever the hell they want.

player gets in a bar brawl?  no problem, the local sheriff will keep this quiet and resolve things without pressing charges.

then you take those players, and give them millions of dollars, and they think they can do whatever they want with no consequences.   its no surprise this is the end result.

the world makes it very easy for these young men to become what we dont want to be.   we look at the NFL for answers, but we should also be looking at college football and law enforcement to clean their act up as well.

Child Services can press charges against parents.  There doesn't need to be one parent pressing charges against the other.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Child Services can press charges against parents.  There doesn't need to be one parent pressing charges against the other.

how often do we hear about child services doing this to an NFL player?   Child services is likely underfunded as it is.  to go against someone who has the cash to hire a top legal team likely means blowing your budget.   if they were to balance out their priorities, they could take away 20 kids for cheaper than it would be to take 1 child away from a football star who happens to be a spoiled brat that beats his wife and kids.

I'm not saying it's right, but this is likely the reason why you have never heard of child services taking kids away from any pro athletes.

Don’t underestimate the power of child services. 

They have plenty of power to go after a nfl player, like with anyone that does indeed abuse a child in any way. 

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Don’t underestimate the power of child services. 

They have plenty of power to go after a nfl player, like with anyone that does indeed abuse a child in any way. 

you might be right, but their power likely varies region by region based on the legislation in that particular region.

That being said, I dont recall any cases where professional football, baseball or hockey players (or for that matter Actors) have lost their kids to child services.   So I'm inclined to believe that money talks when it comes to a lot of this.   

I honestly and truly hope I am wrong, but the fact Is, I cannot even think of one case where this has happened to a high profile person with lots of cash (be they pro athlete, actor or whatever), I am inclined to think there may be something to this.

bottom line.... I suspect things have to be pretty bad before they will lift a finger against someone with that kind of  budget to fight them.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

how often do we hear about child services doing this to an NFL player?   Child services is likely underfunded as it is.  to go against someone who has the cash to hire a top legal team likely means blowing your budget.   if they were to balance out their priorities, they could take away 20 kids for cheaper than it would be to take 1 child away from a football star who happens to be a spoiled brat that beats his wife and kids.

I'm not saying it's right, but this is likely the reason why you have never heard of child services taking kids away from any pro athletes.

I personally don't recollect any NFL player abusing a child where the other parent wasn't the one pressing the charges.  Child Services will take that child out of their current living environment and put them in a more stable one.  Generally, it's a family member.  If they do file charges, the prosecution costs do not come out of their personal coffers, it's state funded.  It's no different than Jon Doe being prosecuted by the state for murdering his wife Jane.  Child Services simply files on behalf of the minor child.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I don't look to the NFL for any answers, other than the obvious game stuff. I look to the criminal justice folks for what concerns them and why, and I look to the people involved in making stupid decisions in life to handle their lives. If they keep going back for more, for whatever reason, then they get what they get.

If he is found to have abused his child and broken his arm, he needs to serve jail time. He should not be let off the hook because of his status.

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

If he is found to have abused his child and broken his arm, he needs to serve jail time. He should not be let off the hook because of his status.

I fully agree.   he should not be let off the hook.

where I am skeptical is that I think he will be let off the hook.   At least so far as being charged is concerned.

but that does not mean he is not guilty as hell.