Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

2019 Week in Maui

Good morning.  We are selling our 2019 week in Maui.  1 bed/1 bath, sleeps 4.  PM if interested for details.

SANDS OF KAHANA

Sands of Kahana

My buddy was there last week. Brought his 16 year old daughter ( 30 B  )and a couple of her friends for some college visits. 

2 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

They always get ya with the maintenance fees 

We have been very happy with this property.  We have had some things come up which changed our vacation plans.

I'm not sure I'd fly 12 hours if it were free.  

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

We have been very happy with this property.  We have had some things come up which changed our vacation plans.

Best of luck. If for whatever reason you have trouble selling it, call them and tell them you love the property and you want an upgrade, once you upgrade and they null and void the previous contract cancel the new contract within 72 hours. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Wife and I were married there almost 24 years ago.  Was thinking of going back for our 25th next year.  She said that she has no desire to be in a plane that long just to see such a beautiful place.  :dunno:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Wife and I were married there almost 24 years ago.  Was thinking of going back for our 25th next year.  She said that she has no desire to be in a plane that long just to see such a beautiful place.  :dunno:

Google earth

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

6 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I can't blame you guys for not wanting to deal with the travel time.  You have the Caribbean so close, which also offers a lot of variety.

7 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

I can't blame you guys for not wanting to deal with the travel time.  You have the Caribbean so close, which also offers a lot of variety.

Boston to Bermuda is 2 freakin hours!

Boston to Bahamas is 3 hours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Boston to Bermuda is 2 freakin hours!

Boston to Bahamas is 3 hours.

Neither are comparable to Hawaii IMO.  

When we flew to Maui from NY, we broke up the travel on the way back by staying in SF for a weekend.  That was a better way to do it.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

When we flew to Maui from NY, we broke up the travel on the way back by staying in SF for a weekend.  That was a better way to do it.  

Do that, and I can host SF or wine country for you guys :)

28 minutes ago, edjr said:

My wife went to Hawaii years ago and wants to go back. I think the compromise will be 4 or 5 days in Vegas, then out there for a week or 10 days to recover.  That will break up the flight slightly anyway, and if I do it right I will be tired as hell from Vegas and sleep on the way to Hawaii.

Just now, Bier Meister said:

Do that, and I can host SF or wine country for you guys :)

Oh man, I'd love to be able to get away for that long again.  But I can't do it until I can find someone I completely trust to run the biz while I'm away.  There is a candidate I'm currently working with, so maybe soon.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, patweisers44 said:

My wife went to Hawaii years ago and wants to go back. I think the compromise will be 4 or 5 days in Vegas, then out there for a week or 10 days to recover.  That will break up the flight slightly anyway, and if I do it right I will be tired as hell from Vegas and sleep on the way to Hawaii.

That should work out well

19 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Not saying it is but 2 hours > 12 hours, sh1t that's 2 golf rounds

14 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

I've been to Vegas 4 or 5 times, normally take the red eye back. One time decided to take a sleeping pill and didn't fall asleep. got home around 7 am, slept till Midnight, focked me all up

23 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

I love hawaii, but for east coasters hard to pass on the Caribbean.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

The flight is not that long on a 737. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

The flight is not that long on a 737. 

:d

It's those unfortunate mid-flight stops I'm not a fan of

2 hours ago, edjr said:

Delta used to have a daily straight though flight from Cincinnati to Honolulu. I was on a plane for 9 hours and 25 minutes and will never do that again. I was in a pretty foul mood when we landed and wanted to punch the hoes giving out flower necklaces. 

17 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Delta used to have a daily straight though flight from Cincinnati to Honolulu. I was on a plane for 9 hours and 25 minutes and will never do that again. I was in a pretty foul mood when we landed and wanted to punch the hoes giving out flower necklaces. 

I swear, I was on the flight, only from Honolulu to L.A., and I thought I was going to die in my coach seat. 😂

9 hours ago, edjr said:

I've been to Vegas 4 or 5 times, normally take the red eye back. One time decided to take a sleeping pill and didn't fall asleep. got home around 7 am, slept till Midnight, focked me all up

Last month, on out flight from Israel back to china, I took a Valium and 12 oz of whiskey. Still couldn't sleep on a plane. Got home and died for 10 hours, same as you. 

7 hours ago, bostonlager said:

My longest ever was 14 hours. Shanghai to Chicago.

I would have pushed my mother down a flight of stairs for a cigarette after that. And having to clear customs, wait for bags, ugh. I hate that flight. 

11 hours ago, edjr said:

I would.

If that  teenaged 30B was there.

9 hours ago, bostonlager said:

You should try a layover in Anchorage. If you look at a map, you'll see that from Anchorage to Hawaii is almost straight down. You'd be amazed at how much time you can save if you're flying down hill almost the entire way.

18 hours ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Do a cruise from West coast.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Do a cruise from West coast.

I have been stuck on a boat before.  They are floating disease machines.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Damn that's a nice view. Do you go pretty much every year yourself? 

We used to go every year. Now every other.  We have exchanged for different locations (key west, lake tahoe, carmel, kona).  We have this week booked for Jan of 20, but can change it.  Debating where we want to go ourselves (thailand, tahiti, yucatan, austria/switzerland- ski trip). 

Never get tired of Maui, just want to show our daughter other cultures.

• Like 1

We went to Myrtle Beach last year, we have a Disney vacation booked this year, Bahamas next year, and Alaska in 2021.

We will get more adventurous as the kids get older. With a 2 year old and a 4 year old you are limited to tourist traps or beaches for the most part.

• Like 1