Sign in to follow this  
MDC

LeBron is a focking loser

What did he do? I don't watch basketball. Is his being on the bench shaking his head a bad sign showing that he is not a team member player or is wearing those hideous sneakers the problem?

He is a great player and has carried teams for quite some time.  I don't think that anyone who follows basketball thought the Lakers were going to be strong this year.  I think their results are in line with expectations (push for  7 or 8 seed).  This me not be consistent with what Lebron thought he could do.  The west is a tougher conference, and Lebron is getting older.  Having that much on his shoulders is ultimately going to wear him down.  

We all had to believe that this was going to be a 2-5 year project to rebuild the lakers, right?

Zion > Leflop

Clyde's an old school brutha who still has more style in his pinky than all of these modern day "baller" tvvats combined - and he calls it like he sees it ... these clowns today are a fockin' joke - you couldn't pay me to watch that sh1t league.

• Like 1

Once Lebron went back to Cleveland and won a championship, I pretty much put in a self-imposed ban on ripping on him.  He's not the GOAT in my opinion (to me its Jordan), but if I was on the debate team I think I could at least defend the Lebron as GOAT position.

Please watch the full clip.  Clyde Frazier is being ridiculous here.    It's retarded.

8 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

Clyde's an old school brutha who still has more style in his pinky than all of these modern day "baller" tvvats combined - and he calls it like he sees it ... these clowns today are a fockin' joke - you couldn't pay me to watch that sh1t league.

NBA teams average 32 three point shots per game..........per game!

The league has morphed into street ball... The rare times teams aren't just jacking it up, they clear everybody out, isolate and try and draw a foul........ I feel really bad for the kids today - this is the game they are growing up with..... How lucky are we that we got to see Jordan, Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, Isaiah's Piston's - thank Gawd for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

The league has morphed into street ball... The rare times teams aren't just jacking it up, they clear everybody out, isolate and try and draw a foul........ I feel really bad for the kids today - this is the game they are growing up with..... How lucky are we that we got to see Jordan, Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, Isaiah's Piston's - thank Gawd for that.

People keep giving Curry credit for changing the league.  FOR THE WORSE!

Close your eyes and imagine no 3 point shot anymore in college or pros

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

:pointstosky:

and that era you cited (prolly Jordan's first run circa early 90s) was the last time i ever tuned in. 

31 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

How lucky are we that we got to see Jordan, Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, Isaiah's Piston's - thank Gawd for that.

Kid's today have no idea so they watch. They didn't get to see the NBA heyday. Jesus, just go to a game. They have dancers and clowns and mascots and music and what the fock. What about the game?  Holy sh1t

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

31 minutes ago, edjr said:

People keep giving Curry credit for changing the league.  FOR THE WORSE!

Close your eyes and imagine no 3 point shot anymore in college or pros

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

Kid's today have no idea so they watch. They didn't get to see the NBA heyday 

I love steph and the warriors, but it has hurt the game.  the warriors are exciting to watch, but what is often missed is their fantastic ball movement.  Jackson and Kerr developed a system that worked for the warriors ( many set plays as well and transitional adjustments). many other teams are attempting the same style, but do not have the same personnel to execute.

the rebound stat is useless in todays game.

No one rebounds, they catch a ball that bounces 15 feet off the rim. No one boxes out, no one gets back. It's such a joke. On free throws is the rare time you'll see someone try to play proper technique and rebound properly

Interesting look at the importance of the 3 point shot:

Is the 3-point column really that predictive? If you're a coach and you want to see what won you the game, should your eyes dart to the 3-point column on the stat sheet first?

Well, let's actually do the work. I have researched every NBA game played this season through Sunday’s games (all 342!) and looked at which stats aligned with the win column most often. In other words, which battle tended to win the war of a basketball game?

With that in mind, the most important stat on the traditional box score is ... field-goal percentage! Basketball purists, rejoice! If you shoot better from the floor than your opponent, you’re probably going to win the game. In fact, teams this season are 246-69 (.781) when they win the FG% column.

OK, maybe that's a little obvious. It’s a make-or-miss league, just as Jeff Van Gundy loves to say. 

Now, with all the 3s in today’s game, you look at the 3-pointers-made column, right?

Actually, still no. Old-school coaches might want to sit down for this: The team that won the defensive rebound battle is the next-most likely to win, going 225-71 (.760) this season. Don't believe it? Look at the league's top defensive rebound teams: Milwaukee, Philly, Portland, L.A. Clippers, -- yeah, they're really good this season! 

That area of the game probably keeps Wizards coach Scott Brooks up at night. Washington is 4-1 when they win the defensive-boards column, but 6-13 when they don’t

All right, 3-pointers have to be the next most pivotal category in the box score, right? Nope. Plain ol' field goals made is still more important than the 3-ball. The team that reigned supreme in the field goals column went 225-72 (.758), regardless of where they took them.

We can keep going. Turns out that assists (.699), rebounds (.690) and 2-point field goal percentage (.689) are still more tied to the win column than 3-pointers made. We’re seeing that maybe the 3-point shot isn’t the be-all and end-all.

Finally, further down the list, boom, we have 3-pointers made at a .640 win percentage, just barely ahead of 2FG (.628).

It's not about winning and losing to me, it's the fact it makes the game unwatchable.

Remember all those dagger 3's Bird would hit? They meant something. They were special. 

Most 3's Bird hit in a season, 90 (237 attempts) :o Barely 1 per game made

Steph Curry took 886 in one season :wacko:

Looking at FG % includes 3 balls.  The game is about offensive efficiency now.  How many points per possession do you get.  If you make 50% on 2 point FG's, that is the same as making 33% on 3 point FG's.  

No one plays defense anymore until the playoffs and, even then, it is not all the time.  

Showed my 15 year old highlights from Larry Bird and he was rightfully impressed.  Said that he didn't realize he was that good and could do that many things.  

Just now, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

Looking at FG % includes 3 balls.  The game is about offensive efficiency now.  How many points per possession do you get.  If you make 50% on 2 point FG's, that is the same as making 33% on 3 point FG's.  

No one plays defense anymore until the playoffs and, even then, it is not all the time.  

Showed my 15 year old highlights from Larry Bird and he was rightfully impressed.  Said that he didn't realize he was that good and could do that many things.  

That's about efficiency, not what makes/made the game great

9 minutes ago, edjr said:

the rebound stat is useless in todays game.

No one rebounds, they catch a ball that bounces 15 feet off the rim. No one boxes out, no one gets back. It's such a joke. On free throws is the rare time you'll see someone try to play proper technique and rebound properly

That's not accurate at all.  You need to watch more. Or less.

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

That's about efficiency, not what makes/made the game great

I was commenting on the long-winded post above yours that was obviously lifted from another site and not cited.  I don't like the current game much.  Too much standing around.  As much as you complain about Curry's 3-ball shooting.  How about Harden's dribbling?

9 minutes ago, Patriotsfatboy1 said:

I was commenting on the long-winded post above yours that was obviously lifted from another site and not cited.  I don't like the current game much.  Too much standing around.  As much as you complain about Curry's 3-ball shooting.  How about Harden's dribbling?

Brutal

https://youtu.be/3ITqOafb7_I?t=15

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Oh and another thing.  These.players only broadcasts are brutal.  It was cute when they did it once in a while but they're doing it on multiple nationally televised games now. 

Just now, Strike said:

Oh and another thing.  These.players only broadcasts are brutal.  It was cute when they did it once in a while but they're doing it on multiple nationally televised games now. 

I don't watch enough to know that. I've been listening to Terrible Tommy Heinson the past 40 years whenever I do watch, he is the WORST

1 minute ago, edjr said:

I don't watch enough to know that. I've been listening to Terrible Tommy Heinson the past 40 years whenever I do watch, he is the WORST

I agree.  Too.much of a homer for one thing although that's not uncommon around the league.  One thing that majorly sucks being a Lakers fan living outside LA so having to watch their games on nba league pass is that they never show the Lakers home feed.  So I always get to listen to the other teams commentators.  Chick Hearn was the best at being impartial despite working for the Lakers.  RIP Chick!

1 hour ago, vuduchile said:

Interesting look at the importance of the 3 point shot:

Is the 3-point column really that predictive? If you're a coach and you want to see what won you the game, should your eyes dart to the 3-point column on the stat sheet first?

Well, let's actually do the work. I have researched every NBA game played this season through Sunday’s games (all 342!) and looked at which stats aligned with the win column most often. In other words, which battle tended to win the war of a basketball game?

With that in mind, the most important stat on the traditional box score is ... field-goal percentage! Basketball purists, rejoice! If you shoot better from the floor than your opponent, you’re probably going to win the game. In fact, teams this season are 246-69 (.781) when they win the FG% column.

OK, maybe that's a little obvious. It’s a make-or-miss league, just as Jeff Van Gundy loves to say. 

Now, with all the 3s in today’s game, you look at the 3-pointers-made column, right?

Actually, still no. Old-school coaches might want to sit down for this: The team that won the defensive rebound battle is the next-most likely to win, going 225-71 (.760) this season. Don't believe it? Look at the league's top defensive rebound teams: Milwaukee, Philly, Portland, L.A. Clippers, -- yeah, they're really good this season! 

That area of the game probably keeps Wizards coach Scott Brooks up at night. Washington is 4-1 when they win the defensive-boards column, but 6-13 when they don’t

All right, 3-pointers have to be the next most pivotal category in the box score, right? Nope. Plain ol' field goals made is still more important than the 3-ball. The team that reigned supreme in the field goals column went 225-72 (.758), regardless of where they took them.

We can keep going. Turns out that assists (.699), rebounds (.690) and 2-point field goal percentage (.689) are still more tied to the win column than 3-pointers made. We’re seeing that maybe the 3-point shot isn’t the be-all and end-all.

Finally, further down the list, boom, we have 3-pointers made at a .640 win percentage, just barely ahead of 2FG (.628).

Better FG% winning makes sense.  Out of curiosity... is the winning pct better or worse when you look at FT Made?

Id be lying if I told you I have watched more than 5 total minutes of NBA basketball this year.

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Id be lying if I told you I have watched more than 5 total minutes of NBA basketball this year.

I never really want watch until the playoffs. 

20 hours ago, edjr said:

20 hours ago, Strike said:

I agree.  Too.much of a homer for one thing although that's not uncommon around the league.  One thing that majorly sucks being a Lakers fan living outside LA so having to watch their games on nba league pass is that they never show the Lakers home feed.  So I always get to listen to the other teams commentators.  Chick Hearn was the best at being impartial despite working for the Lakers.  RIP Chick!

Tommy is a caricature at this point, you are just waiting for the point where he goes.."these guys are terrible".  I couldn't stand Chick, but I think that was because he did the TV and radio broadcast.  Keeping the radio color, made the TV unbearable.  

Dirk passed Wilt (into 6th) on the All Time Scoring list last night.

Only ones ahead of him: Kareem, Malone, Kobe, LaBron, MJ. :o

Lebron needs to entice some people to come to the Lakers if he wants to compete for a title.

Lebron is an intense guy, he is hardcore, and he does demand alot of his fellow players in terms of work ethic and such; but also in terms of subjugating their prominence to HIM.

This means he has an uphill battle to get the kind of mix he will need to get the Lakers competitive. 

Not sure I would label him a POS, he is a superstar, he has been given this power.  Whether or not he matures to a point where he can a)be the kind of leader a team needs and b)is not threatened by the success of others, it i hard to envision that team getting the assets it needs.

Oh, so I guess no one saw my question, right? :dunno:

On 3/18/2019 at 2:13 PM, peenie said:

What did he do? I don't watch basketball. Is his being on the bench shaking his head a bad sign showing that he is not a team member player or is wearing those hideous sneakers the problem?

Clyde was commenting on the fact that he remained seated all by himself at the end of the bench when his team was huddled up.  He seemingly didn't care what his coach was saying or what his team was doing.  It's not a good look for the de facto team leader and, as Clyde said, the face of the NBA.  

Did you watch the clip?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Clyde was commenting on the fact that he remained seated all by himself at the end of the bench when his team was huddled up.  He seemingly didn't care what his coach was saying or what his team was doing.  It's not a good look for the de facto team leader and, as Clyde said, the face of the NBA.  

Did you watch the clip?

This. Also, LeBron chose to join a bad team in a much tougher conference, pretty much ensuring that he wouldn’t go to the Finals this year. Then he pressured the team into (unsuccessfully) dangling all of their young players as trade bait to bring in another star to help get him over the hump, and he’s reportedly going to get the coach fired. Now he sits 3-4 seats down from his teammates while getting swept by maybe the worst team in basketball.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, vuduchile said:

I never really want watch until the playoffs. 

MONGO HUNGRY!

I did watch the clip and he was talking to someone else on the team who was also on the bench near him. I figured it didn't have to do with the coach because the other guy also wasn't listening to the coach. I'll watch again...

Oh dang, that wasn't a player. That was just some random dude sitting behind him.

Thank you for the explanation.

• Like 1