Mike Honcho

Rep. Devin Nunes sues Twitter for $250 million

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) has sued Twitter and three of its users for $250 million in damages, alleging that he was defamed and that the social media juggernaut engages in the “shadow-banning” of conservative opinions and selectively enforces its terms of service to benefit opponents of the Republican Party.

Nunes also claims in the 40-page lawsuit, dated Monday and filed in the Virginia Circuit Court in Henrico County on Tuesday, that Twitter sought to influence his 2018 reelection race and interfere with his investigation into Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign and Russian involvement in the 2016 elections. Nunes oversaw that inquiry as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee — a role he held until Democrats officially retook the House in January.

Among the suit’s defendants are a Twitter user purporting to be the congressman’s mother, a Twitter user operating an account called “Devin Nunes’ cow” and GOP communications strategist Liz Mair.

The suit references various messages critical of Nunes posted to the defendants’ accounts, as well as other accounts — including “Fire Devin Nunes” and “Devin Nunes’ Grapes” — “whose sole purpose was (and is) to publish and republish (tweet and retweet) false and defamatory statements about Nunes,” the suit alleges.

Full Story

has merit

Here’s a sampling of the tweets he alleges are defamatory, using language directly from the lawsuit Fox obtained:

"Devin Nunes’ cow has made, published and republished hundreds of false and defamatory statements of and concerning Nunes, including the following: Nunes is a ‘treasonous cowpoke.’”

“'Devin’s boots are full of manure. He’s udder-ly worthless and its pasture time to move him to prison.' ”

“In her endless barrage of tweets, Devin Nunes’ Mom maliciously attacked every aspect of Nunes’ character, honesty, integrity, ethics and fitness to perform his duties as a United States Congressman.”

@DevinNunesMom “falsely stated that Nunes was unfit to run the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.”

@DevinNunesMom “falsely stated that Nunes was ‘voted ‘Most Likely to Commit Treason’ in high school.’ ”

@DevinNunesMom “falsely claimed that Nunes would ‘probably see an indictment before 2020.’ ”

Full Story

Let's add some financial penalties and jail time to frivolous lawsuits.

Tech censorship is a big issue but polticians aren't tuned in to it, I'm glaed at least one is paying attention.

I would love to know what the Trump Mafia has on Nunes. This dude has been in the bag for Trump from the get-go. And pulled some really shady crap. Remember his midnight run? What a weirdo.

either Trump has something on him, has promised him something, or Nunez is just such a weak-willed individual that he has thrown his entire lot and self-worth behind Trump Co regardless.

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Tech censorship is a big issue but polticians aren't tuned in to it, I'm glaed at least one is paying attention.

I have zero idea who the politician is in the OP,  or honestly what exactly “shadowbanning” is, but this post has merit.

• Like 1

Waaah! Twitter allowed people to make fun of me! WAAH!😭😭😭

This will get tossed faster than jussie smollett's salad.

... And then he and Trump will whine about activist judges. 😄

I predict $0 for Devin Nunes.  $0 still for the Covington Kid.  And as I reminder was correct about Kaep winning his lawsuit.  

11 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I predict $0 for Devin Nunes.  $0 still for the Covington Kid.  And as I reminder was correct about Kaep winning his lawsuit.  

Didnt he settle...not win ?  

50 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I hope $0 for Devin Nunes.  $0 still for the Covington Kid, I hope.  And as a reminder I guessed correctly about Kaep winning his lawsuit and the only reason I said he’d win is because I’m liberal.

Fixed it for ya 

5 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Technically in a settlement no side wins.

It's more a kin to a tie than anything.

if that makes you feel better, knock yourself out

The purpose of the suit is to level the playing field. Twitter has already been exposed and if they don't knock their sh!t off Government regulation is the result.

Actually Gov regulation is probably a foregone conclusion.

Update.

@devincow is now over 501,000 followers (from about 1,200 at time of lawsuit)

@devinnunes is at about 395,000 followers. 

Again, feels like this one backfired on Nooner. 

44 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Update.

@devincow is now over 501,000 followers (from about 1,200 at time of lawsuit)

@devinnunes is at about 395,000 followers. 

Again, feels like this one backfired on Nooner. 

Backfired?  the purpose of the lawsuit is not about followers to the account, it's about the suppression of conservatives on the platform.

9 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Backfired?  the purpose of the lawsuit is not about followers to the account, it's about the suppression of conservatives on the platform.

nothing about him being defamed

2 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

nothing about him being defamed

Man, I hope he didn’t sue for defamation, because even the EternalS guy would have to admit the backfire there. Even EternalS, yes. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

The purpose of the suit is to level the playing field. Twitter has already been exposed and if they don't knock their sh!t off Government regulation is the result.

Actually Gov regulation is probably a foregone conclusion.

Twitter should be required to ban livestock from owning their own Twitter accounts.

just a matter of time before them damn Chick-fil-A cows are all over the interweb.

20 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

You should probably read the suit.

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

Man, I hope he didn’t sue for defamation, because even the EternalS guy would have to admit the backfire there. Even EternalS, yes. 

That's MR. ETERNALS to you.