Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Warren showing her stupidity yet again (this time the Electoral College)...

24 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

I live in Central New York. My vote is completely negated by the scumbag NYC dwellers. They vote for politicians who only care for the Big Apple, and the rest of the state suffers. Take away the Electoral College, and the whole country will end up like NY state.

How is this any different than being a liberal in any red state?

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

It's okay when that happens.   :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

It's okay when that happens.   :thumbsup:

Oh the horror, low taxes and affordable goods and services. 

11 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

Oh the horror, low taxes and affordable goods and services. 

Well, the tradeoff is you can't put on a wig and hang out in the girls' locker room.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Well, the tradeoff is you can't put on a wig and hang out in the girls' locker room.

I can see why Honcho and MDCuck would have a problem with that.  What would they do with all the wigs they have?

On 3/22/2019 at 4:15 PM, MDC said:

Hugely. Takes 1 city for a state to be blue. To be red the state must be 90%. That means 10% will be dems. Math.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Hugely. Takes 1 city for a state to be blue. To be red the state must be 90%. That means 10% will be dems. Math.

If the majority of residents are Rep or Dem what difference does it make where they live?

6 hours ago, MDC said:

If the majority of residents are Rep or Dem what difference does it make where they live?

This whole thing is just the latest bullsh!t.

The majority of Americans votes are worthless. Liberals in red states, conservatives in blue ones... Both worthless.

Right now, a handful of states choose the president.

That is bullsh!t and antidemocratic, and should be changed.

That said, the Dems want it changed not for high minded reasons of democracy. They don't give a crap about that. We saw that in the last primary. They want it changed because it helps them. 

The republicans don't want it changed because having a non democratic way of choosing the president is the only chance they have of winning the white house.

So as usual, both sides are spouting self serving crap.

• Like 1

Probably the wrong thread, but with regard to the above. Texas comes to mind with the whole discussion of the electoral college. Houston is the fourth largest city in America. It's largely trending blue these days. What with all the college educated people there. But, a huge chunk of Texas is still stupid AKA red.

Austin of course is hugely blue as well. What with all the smart people again and whatnot.

El Paso and other border cities are definitely trending away from the red.

that still leaves a whole lot of toofless inbred half-witted cow tipping, Dixie chick hating dimwits in the rural regions. (Aka Bush cuntry)

So why do we have an all-or-nothing approach like the electoral college? I know Nebraska doesn't have that. I think we should adopt Nebraska's version.

If I remember right, I think they split their electoral votes in the last election. But I'd have to look that up.

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The majority of Americans votes are worthless. Liberals in red states, conservatives in blue ones... Both worthless.

That said, the Dems want it changed not for high minded reasons of democracy. They don't give a crap about that. We saw that in the last primary. They want it changed because it helps them. 

The republicans don't want it changed because having a non democratic way of choosing the president is the only chance they have of winning the white house.

Nailed it

8 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

we arent a democracy, a democracy is mob rule, we never have been

swing states change every election

electoral college creates strategery

5 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Probably the wrong thread, but with regard to the above. Texas comes to mind with the whole discussion of the electoral college. Houston is the fourth largest city in America. It's largely trending blue these days. What with all the college educated people there. But, a huge chunk of Texas is still stupid AKA red.

Austin of course is hugely blue as well. What with all the smart people again and whatnot.

El Paso and other border cities are definitely trending away from the red.

that still leaves a whole lot of toofless inbred half-witted cow tipping, Dixie chick hating dimwits in the rural regions. (Aka Bush cuntry)

So why do we have an all-or-nothing approach like the electoral college? I know Nebraska doesn't have that. I think we should adopt Nebraska's version.

If I remember right, I think they split their electoral votes in the last election. But I'd have to look that up.

You can take potshots at Conservatives being dummies, but we're not the ones coming up with things like the Green New Deal.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RaiderHater's Revenge said:

we arent a democracy, a democracy is mob rule, we never have been

swing states change every election

electoral college creates strategery

I'm not really for 100% poular vote either. My problem is the winner take all rule. All states should do like the couple of states that split their electoral votes proportionally.

If the vote in Cali is 60-40 Democrat, the Dems gets 60% of the electors, the rep gets 40. Same in every state.

That would give candidates incentive to campaign in ALL states, as narrowing a loss in a red or blue state could still be crucial.

It would also make everyone's vote actually count for something. Which is something we should encourage. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'm not really for 100% poular vote either. My problem is the winner take all rule. All states should do like the couple of states that split their electoral votes proportionally.

If the vote in Cali is 60-40 Democrat, the Dems gets 60% of the electors, the rep gets 40. Same in every state.

That would give candidates incentive to campaign in ALL states, as narrowing a loss in a red or blue state could still be crucial.

It would also make everyone's vote actually count for something. Which is something we should encourage. 

I am ok with that I would even take it further, say California is worth 55 electoral votes I think, divide the state into 55 districts and give each district a vote

11 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

You can take potshots at Conservatives being dummies, but we're not the ones coming up with things like the Green New Deal.

Or trying to get 16 year olds to vote.

Or infanticide.

Or abolishing the Electoral College.

3 hours ago, RaiderHater's Revenge said:

I am ok with that I would even take it further, say California is worth 55 electoral votes I think, divide the state into 55 districts and give each district a vote

Nah, that brings gerrymandering into the picture. Just do it by proportion. 

38 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Nah, that brings gerrymandering into the picture. Just do it by proportion. 

naw draw it by existing counties, and then give em out

9 hours ago, RaiderHater's Revenge said:

naw draw it by existing counties, and then give em out

People in the least populous counties would get a much more valuable vote. 

I am 100% behind making gerrymander a federal felony.

I am aware of some of the defense for it, none of which I accept.

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

People in the least populous counties would get a much more valuable vote. 

Not to mention, Most states have more counties than EC votes. Tennessee, for example, has 95 counties and 11 EC votes. You could use congressional districts, but we know those are gerrymandered as fock already (by both parties).

That's why I favor a straight percentage of popular vote in each state. I think that would be a fair, democratic system, that still gives the same proportional voice to smaller states that they currently receive.

Of course, you would also need to tighten up voter fraud prevention policies, as the local counts would become extremely important at that point.

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Not to mention, Most states have more counties than EC votes. Tennessee, for example, has 95 counties and 11 EC votes. You could use congressional districts, but we know those are gerrymandered as fock already (by both parties).

That's why I favor a straight percentage of popular vote in each state. I think that would be a fair, democratic system, that still gives the same proportional voice to smaller states that they currently receive.

Of course, you would also need to tighten up voter fraud prevention policies, as the local counts would become extremely important at that point.

I think that’s fair. Never happen though. The GOP has won the popular vote once in 30+ years. No way they’re giving up the EC.

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

rounding numbers could get tricky as well

On 3/24/2019 at 7:58 AM, lickin_starfish said:

Trumpettes<>Conservatives

2 hours ago, MDC said:

The GOP has won the popular vote once in 30+ years. No way they’re giving up the EC.

How long have some states been opposed to Voter ID laws? 

5 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

How long have some states been opposed to Voter ID laws? 

What’s your point?

21 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Popular vote doesn't mean a thing if you aren't forcing states to enact strict Voter ID laws.

Why would voter ID laws have anything to do with the EC vs the popular vote? Is voter fraud less common under one system vs another? Nice try though.

When Republican lose an national election they think to themselves:  "What did we do wrong?"  How do we connect better with the American Public?"  "Why isn't our message getting across?"

When the Democrats lose a national election they think to themselves  "We have to change the rules"   "The Electoral College magically is no longer needed now"   "The voting age should be changed to 16!"   "Non Citizens should vote!"

• Thanks 1

Just now, KSB2424 said:

When Republican lose an national election they think to themselves:  "What did we do wrong?"  How do we connect better with the American Public"  "Why isn't our message getting across?"

When the Democrats lose a national election they think to themselves  "We have to change the rules"   "The Electoral College magically is no longer needed now"   "The voting age should be changed to 16"   "Non Citizens should vote!"

You must have forgotten all the Republicans going on their teabagger party rallies where they talked about Obungler being a Kenyan born secret Muslim and possibly the anti Christ. That was a real mature level headed reaction there. :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

Why would voter ID laws have anything to do with the EC vs the popular vote? Is voter fraud less common under one system vs another? Nice try though.

Voter ID laws make sure those who aren't eligible to vote, don't vote. There's about 1.5 million extra voters on the rolls in L.A. County alone.

http://www.capoliticalreview.com/top-stories/california-to-remove-1-5-million-inactive-voters-from-voter-rolls/

That's one county in a state with little/no Voter ID law.

All this talk from the left about changing the voting rules is rich.  It's akin to that jerk in the your fantasy football league who lost a tie breaker to make the playoffs.  Maybe the tie breaker was total points scored in the season and not Head to Head.  So he whines and complains in the off season even though this has been your leagues official tie breaker since it started.  

Just now, Filthy Fernadez said:

Voter ID laws make sure those who aren't eligible to vote, don't vote. There's about 1.5 million extra voters on the rolls in L.A. County alone.

http://www.capoliticalreview.com/top-stories/california-to-remove-1-5-million-inactive-voters-from-voter-rolls/

That's one county in a state with little/no Voter ID law.

Again this has nothing to do with the EC vs the popular vote Sparky. :wacko:

Just now, MDC said:

Again this has nothing to do with the EC vs the popular vote Sparky. :wacko:

JFC..............if you're going to tout Republicans have won the popular vote one time in the last 30 years, it sure as fock does have everything to do with it. The popular vote total is focking garbage until you have strict Voter ID laws.

• Like 1

Why don't we just go back to when blacks and women couldn't vote? And add latiinis to the list too? It would solve a lot of these issues and we could all move on. 

Popular vote..

:doh:

Do you guys also talk about who had the most yards in the Super Bowl or which baseball team had the most base-runners in the World Series.

I'll let you in on a little hint, when popular vote matters, campaigns will be run much differently.

As for now, Popular vote is completely irrelevant.

HTH

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Popular vote..

Do you guys also talk about who had the most yards in the Super Bowl or which baseball team had the most base-runners in the World Series.

I'll let you in on a little hint, when popular vote matters, campaigns will be run much differently.

HTH

I compare it to a guy who uses mulligans on the golf course then brags on his score. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Reality said:

Popular vote..

HTH

Won’t happen. Republicans have won the popular vote once in 30+ years. They need the EC so it’s not going away. :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

Won’t happen. Republicans have won the popular vote once in 30+ years. They need the EC so it’s not going away. :thumbsup:

Then why didn't Obama change it when had a majority in congress? 

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

Just like Voter ID laws.......Dems won't let it happen because without the illegal voting, they'd never win the EC OR the Popular Vote.