Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

Google Stadia

Could this be the end of game consoles? Will be interesting to see what titles they are able to secure. 

https://business.financialpost.com/technology/gaming/google-moves-to-upend-gaming-industry-with-stadia

Do not take stadia if you are nursing or  plan to be pregnant anytime in the future. Stadia is not intended to replace your daily exhaler. do not take stadia if you are allergic to stadia or stadia related products.do not take stadia if you are nursing or a nursing student or plan to be bloated, chilly or gassy any time in the future. Stadia is not intended to replace your daily exhaler. Do not take stadia if you are allergic to stadia or stadia related products. Stadia is not intended to be taken without the express written consent of Major league baseball. Stop taking stadia immediately and contact your doctor if you experience restless leg syndrome, dry mouth, bloody stools, dry stools, bar stools, or oddly shaped or discolored stools in your or any of your co-workers bowel movements.

• Haha 1

May cause rectal bleeding, dizziness or death    😂

14 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

May cause rectal bleeding, dizziness or death    😂

I believe I would get dizzy if my buttho was bleeding. You probably have something bad wrong assuming you didn't wipe too hard and need to seek medical treatment. 

No it won’t. Ever. Why? Latency.

Its definitely is a business they’ll make money on, but most people will want their own systems and won’t want to deal with the latency issues cloud gaming would cause. Anyone on a dedicate system would be a huge advantage. 

59 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I believe I would get dizzy if my buttho was bleeding. You probably have something bad wrong assuming you didn't wipe too hard and need to seek medical treatment. 

Rip Rholio 😥😥😥

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

I'm usually a live-and-let-live kind of guy, but this is one of those serious medical issues wherein if you are a standing wiper, and you get dizzy, you are at an abnormally greater risk of serious injury or even potentially fatal death.

30 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I'm usually a live-and-let-live kind of guy, but this is one of those serious medical issues wherein if you are a standing wiper, and you get dizzy, you are at an abnormally greater risk of serious injury or even potentially fatal death.

I may have stood up while wiping my ass when I was first learning to do so back in 1983, but I'm not sure why a grown man would do it. I will admit, I googled it and apparently standing has a large group of followers, but it's like the squatty potty - I don't get it. 

They are probably a little early to the party before latency issues could be resolved, if they could ever be resolved. We are talking about competing with the increase in demand for bandwidth, unless Google has their own completely private Fibre optie lines. Even then they probably need to share bandwidth, don't they? 

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

They are probably a little early to the party before latency issues could be resolved, if they could ever be resolved. We are talking about competing with the increase in demand for bandwidth, unless Google has their own completely private Fibre optie lines. Even then they probably need to share bandwidth, don't they? 

:dunno:

I would think you would need to download the games to some sort of device first like you do on consoles now. If that is the case I do not see why this couldn't run smoove as fock. 

Just now, bostonlager said:

I would think you would need to download the games to some sort of device first like you do on consoles now. If that is the case I do not see why this couldn't run smoof as fock. 

Because when you do an action it’s going from emulator, to the cloud and then back to the games server. The latency on that will be far to long you’ll get eaten alive on any online competitive game. You get beat on the first shot 9 out of 10 times. You could play turn based or single player games on it though. 

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I would think you would need to download the games to some sort of device first like you do on consoles now. If that is the case I do not see why this couldn't run smoove as fock. 

There will be no download according to your article.

Google presented a live demonstration of Ubisoft Entertainment SA’s Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey to show how Stadia will let players launch a game they just discovered from within their browser in as little as five seconds — a far cry from the hours it currently takes to download and install large game files on traditional consoles. 

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

There will be no download according to your article.

I didn't read the article. I just wanted to be the first to post about it. 

3 hours ago, iam90sbaby said:

No it won’t. Ever. Why? Latency.

Its definitely is a business they’ll make money on, but most people will want their own systems and won’t want to deal with the latency issues cloud gaming would cause. Anyone on a dedicate system would be a huge advantage. 

I don't know a thing about any of this but won't 5 g help this

27 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

When you’re dependent on a connection speed anytime you speed that connection up of course it helps but the problem still remains. A dedicated system will get the data transferred to the  server far quicker than a cloud would ever be able to. And that’s just latency with an internet connection. Latency is super important when it comes to gaming. Even having hardware with a lower latency, like a monitor with a 1 ms refresh rate vs a 5 ms refresh rate had a drastic difference and that isn’t even dependent on a internet connection. 

1 hour ago, bandrus1 said:

For phones. 5G doesn't do anything for internet brought into the house. 

I dont really see the benefit here. Yes, it kind if sucks to have to wait a few hours for a game to download. But its not a big deal, really. Id rather deal with that than latency. Just seems like there is a neverending battle for bandwidth and this isnt all that necessary.

23 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I dont really see the benefit here. Yes, it kind if sucks to have to wait a few hours for a game to download. But its not a big deal, really. Id rather deal with that than latency. Just seems like there is a neverending battle for bandwidth and this isnt all that necessary.

If they solve that problem it will be pretty cool. I agree though, a one time download of a few hours for a large game. It's only going to get quicker. Are people really that impatient? 

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

For phones. 5G doesn't do anything for internet brought into the house. 

I'm under the impression that 5g is eventually suppose to eventually make hard wire internet connection in homes obsolete ?

I thought it is eventually going to not just be for mobile devices