Sign in to follow this  
NEWPOSTERGUY!

It Was 50 Years Ago Today ...

... that the pussification of the US of A commenced with the debut of Sesame Street. 

we were forced ... forced!!! to watch this vile slab of incessant utopia in school (9 a.m. on channel 13 up here in NYC). i wretched ... we all did, pretty much.  what a fockin' mess. 

the Electric Co. followed soon after, and, lo and behold, that was actually worse. 

this was subliminal subversiveness at it's best/worst ... a very sad reality. 

2 minutes ago, posty said:

You were held at gunpoint?

70s Catholic grammar school, mah man ... held at gunpoint would've been a welcome respite compared to the sh1t we did endure. 

6 minutes ago, NEWPOSTERGUY! said:

70s Catholic grammar school, mah man ... held at gunpoint would've been a welcome respite compared to the sh1t we did endure. 

70's CCD here.....let me tell ya, those nuns didn't fock around. :(

• Thanks 1

When I was in 2nd grade, a new kid named Rick Brown came to our school from a catholic school.  On his first day, we were watching The Electric Company and started commenting on which characters were our favorites.  After we went through them, Rick snarled " I don't like any of them.  They're all stupid."  Later that day, he escaped out the bathroom window and went home.  

He was my best friend for about 2 years.  We smoked, stole stuff, went fishing, shot his bb gun, built a tree house, and played doctor with the neighborhood girls.  Then we moved away and I became a jock.  

I'm pretty sure Rick Brown is dead or in jail.

13 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

our toughest (see most maniacal) was all of 4'8" 90 lbs - which, at that time, was about the size of the avg boy in class, give or take ... she walloped ya, though - the switch, the pointer, the metal ruler ... her signiature move was #2 pencil jabbed in the shoulder followed by a roundhouse sucker punch to the back of the ear. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

In grade school, every Monday afternoon, the catholic kids would board a bus and go to CCD and 2 hours later they would come back. all of us heathens were left back to our regular day. I remember one of my classmates tried to sneak on the bus and got in a lot of trouble(of course in the 2nd grade everything seemed like a lot of trouble).   To this day, I have no clue what they did there, it is one of the greatest mysteries of my life. 

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

In grade school, every Monday afternoon, the catholic kids would board a bus and go to CCD and 2 hours later they would come back. all of us heathens were left back to our regular day. I remember one of my classmates tried to sneak on the bus and got in a lot of trouble(of course in the 2nd grade everything seemed like a lot of trouble).   To this day, I have no clue what they did there, it is one of the greatest mysteries of my life. 

Uh.  Have you been following the news about what's been happening in the Catholic church for the last 20 years or so?

10 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Uh.  Have you been following the news about what's been happening in the Catholic church for the last 20 years or so?

we were fortunate to have never been troubled by the perv clergy ... but the girls gym teacher was very helpful in assisting them during their tumbling routines ... she was very hands on, so to speak ... tough lookin' broad, ya woulda sworn she was a connected guy from one of the neighborhood crews ...