Sign in to follow this  
SenatorRock

Mueller Time is officially over. Predictions?

13 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Santa Claus didn't come to town

The tooth fairy didn't leave you any money

Peter Cottontail didn't hop down the bunny trail.  

Go back to sky screaming and Beto

God isn't real. Jesus didn't sacrifice. 

Keep it going!

• Thanks 2

Theodore J. Boutrous Jr.        

Is as dilutional as wiff.

He writes for slant.  I mean slate.

How Robert Mueller Failed Us

I have from the very beginning been skeptical of special counsel Robert Mueller’s approach of not directly providing accurate, real-time information to the American people about his investigatory progress and conclusions. Sunday’s events strongly confirm my views. Mueller’s nearly two-year news blackout, while inexplicably praised and admired by the news media, has severely harmed justice and democracy. It prevented all of us from knowing and deliberating and making judgments about the facts and circumstances as we considered vital matters that go to the very essence of our government, and invited both Republicans and Democrats to spin their own stories in the information vacuum.

Mueller has been lauded as a disciplined, monklike Sphynx of a prosecutor, staying quiet as he and his team diligently investigated Russian interference and the president’s possible role in it. All the while, his investigation has been trashed relentlessly by the ostensible target of its probe, President Donald J. Trump, who repeatedly called the Mueller probe a “Witch Hunt” and a “hoax” and labeled Mueller’s team as 13 (and then 17) “angry Democrats.” Trump’s legal and political teams amplified this message. And yet the Mueller team never fought back, instead letting its work in court and behind the scenes speak for itself. This was a big mistake.

Mueller and his team never held a single press conference to explain what they were doing or their thinking and strategy, let alone the basis of their convictions, guilty pleas, and indictments, respectively, against Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn and Rick Gates, Roger Stone, and others. They let Rod Rosenstein, who appointed Mueller, announce and supposedly explain indictments and other actions by their office, but he seemed to go out of his way to downplay any broader significance and to avoid providing context, which diluted the value of the information for public understanding.

You might say those indictments spoke for themselves, but if you were surprised to read the conclusions in Attorney General William Barr’s letter on Sunday, or have many follow-up questions, then maybe they did not. Mueller kept us all in suspense and in the dark as voters and citizens, whatever our political views, about major issues of public concern and importance—including whether the president of the United States and his campaign and compatriots conspired with a foreign adversary to corrupt a presidential election and obstruct investigations aimed at that possible crime.

The spokesman for the Mueller investigation, Peter Carr, has been a no-comment machine.

He has basically spoken only once—to dispute a story from BuzzFeed that was largely correct, giving a nice boost to Trump. Other than that, Mueller let Trump and his legal team and surrogates set the terms—either collusion or “no collusion”—and attack the Office of Special Counsel with impunity, undermining public confidence in our justice system.

On Friday, Mueller ceded ultimate authority and at the same time left us in the dark. Rather than holding a press conference to explain what he has been doing, what he has concluded and why, Mueller simply sent his report to Barr, who once wrote a memo explaining why Trump had not obstructed justice when he fired former FBI Director James Comey. Then Mueller checked out.

On Sunday, Barr delivered to Congress a four-page letter characterizing Mueller’s report but leaving much to the imagination. Mueller went to church across the street from the White House and said nothing. Based on Barr’s letter, Trump and his team gleefully claimed, without any apparent fear of response from Mueller, “total and complete exoneration,” even though Mueller’s report, according to Barr’s own terse summary, explicitly said that the finding “does not exonerate” Trump.

It didn’t have to go down like this. Instead of remaining silent and secretive for almost two years, Mueller and his prosecutorial team could have acted more like the Justice Department itself does in ordinary times, holding press conferences and briefing reporters on background, explaining their decisions to indict and not indict and helping us all understand what was going on in this tense, intense investigation that goes to the very heart of how we govern ourselves and protect our electoral system. Mueller could have, and should have, stood before reporters and the American people to announce and explain his conclusions so we could all consider and debate their validity.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/how-robert-mueller-failed-us/ar-BBVdejV?li=BBnb7Kz

There's more but you get the gist of his non sense. 

:lol:

• Haha 1

It never passed the smell test.

People just couldn't believe Trump won the election.  They'd believe anything.  However the lack of skepticism from Journalists is the really bad part.  Journalists should ALWAYS be skeptical, it's part and parcel to the job description, but they ran with it instead.   They all wanted to be the next famous Watergate journalist.

Bunch of dummies.

Why would Putin want Trump to win? Russia sells a lot of oil and gas. America has been holding back on getting our oil and gas to market. Trump promised (and has) to change that. Hillary said the opposite. It never made sense. 

4 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

The Washington Post and the New York Times “won Pulitzers for their reporting on Russian collusion.”

Right up there with Obama's Nobel...

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why would Putin want Trump to win? Russia sells a lot of oil and gas. America has been holding back on getting our oil and gas to market. Trump promised (and has) to change that. Hillary said the opposite. It never made sense. 

As usual it was the left projecting onto the republicans what they themselves are guilty of. Every minute spent investigating the Trump campaign is a minute not spent investigating the actual conspirators while also giving them time to cover their tracks. 

Graham has said that is all about to change. We'll see how it plays out. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So because Trump didn't collude, you feel emboldened to declare the CIA, FBI, and NSA were all lying on the Russia meddling in the election to benefit Trump findings?

Funny.

10 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

So because Trump didn't collude, you feel emboldened to declare the CIA, FBI, and NSA were all lying on the Russia meddling in the election to benefit Trump findings?

Funny.

Huh? I feel emboldened to say that Putin wasn't interfering on  the side of Trump. Not saying he wasn't interfering, but because I'm not blinded by stupidity I can say Putin doing it on behalf of Trump doesn't make sense. 

17 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

Funny.

Absolutely.

Those same agencies spied on a presidential candidate because of alleged collusion.

That is the entire reason there was a special prosecutor.

Special prosecutor, after 2 years and tens of millions spent, something like 1000 interviews, 50 phone taps, etc... he comes back with zip, zero, zilch.

That means those agencies fabricated their "evidence" that was initially used to justify the spying.

They all deserve a rope around their neck. Starting with Brennan.

Imagine if there was a probe about Obama illegally meeting with Middle East diplomats and making all the implications they made over Trump regarding Russia. I'm shocked that the investigation went on so darn long when they knew they had nothing. Why not end months ago? I'm disgusted and I'm a Democrat.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

Imagine if there was a probe about Obama illegally meeting with Middle East diplomats and making all the implications they made over Trump regarding Russia. I'm shocked that the investigation went on so darn long when they knew they had nothing. Why not end months ago? I'm disgusted and I'm a Democrat.

They can still count on your vote 100% of the time though right? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

It never passed the smell test.

However people couldn't believe Trump won the election.  They'd believe anything.  However the lack of skepticism from Journalists is the really bad part.  Journalists should ALWAYS be skeptical, it's part and parcel to the job description, but they ran with it instead.   They all wanted to be the next famous Watergate journalist.

Bunch of dummies.

A huge amount of the 'journalists' weren't duped, those fockers were paid by Fusion GPS. Once Declas comes those names will be released too. 

Some hate Trump so they want him gone. Others FEAR Trump/Declas so they NEED him gone.

41 minutes ago, peenie said:

I'm a Democrat.

There are a lot of groups out there to fix this error...

Liberals - Yes we spent the last two and half years spewing our hate for president Trump's and straight up lying about the things he's done. Maybe you should cool it with the told you so. 

Everyone else - Maybe you should go fock yourself. We tried to tell you but you're either brain washed, stupid, or just really gullible Maybe all three. When you come for the king you best not miss and you missed bigly. People MUST be held accountable or this sh1t will keep happening.

Democrats now demanding Barr submit unredacted report, saying his summary was "insufficient".  :lol:

Doesn't the law just say he's supposed to give them a summary?  Doesn't say anything about "sufficient or insufficient", does it?  And OF COURSE they were going to find some BS reason.

15 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Democrats now demanding Barr submit unredacted report, saying his summary was "insufficient".  :lol:

Doesn't the law just say he's supposed to give them a summary?  Doesn't say anything about "sufficient or insufficient", does it?  And OF COURSE they were going to find some BS reason.

Let them. Who cares? Two words: No indictments. 2 years, hand picked team full of Clintonistas who contributed to her campaign, DOJ and FBI on their side, media support, and best of all Trumps personal lawyer rolling over and they still came up short. Bupkis. Donuts. Zero. 

50 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let them. Who cares? Two words: No indictments. 2 years, hand picked team full of Clintonistas who contributed to her campaign, DOJ and FBI on their side, media support, and best of all Trumps personal lawyer rolling over and they still came up short. Bupkis. Donuts. Zero. 

But it was never about Russia, y'know.  They did get a bunch of other people.  the focus of the investigation was never about Trump collusion.  It was always about who they could get for tax crimes and perjury.

The left and CNN going crazy now.  CNN top execs pushing hard for a civil war.   It makes no sense to me, but maybe CNN and the left have a shock and awe up their sleeves.  LOL. 

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Huh? I feel emboldened to say that Putin wasn't interfering on  the side of Trump. Not saying he wasn't interfering, but because I'm not blinded by stupidity I can say Putin doing it on behalf of Trump doesn't make sense. 

Here's what I believe... And let me say first that given that all the media on both sides are shill wh0res, nobody really knows what happened.

I believe Russia interfered in the election on behalf of trump. Not because they necessarily wanted trump, but merely because he was the underdog. Hell, they probably interferred on both sides.

Why? Same reason they interferred with brexit and various other elections in Europe.

Because political division and choas in the west suits their interests. It suits them to have us hating each other and infighting.

That's my take anyway. And clearly they succeeded. I am saddened that both sides of our political spectrum merely used, and continue to use, it as an excuse to tee off on the other, and NOBODY seems interested in retaliating or even condemning their interferrence.

It's a sad day when America is blatantly attacked, in any form, and can't be bothered to respond. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

The left and CNN going crazy now.  CNN top execs pushing hard for a civil war.   It makes no sense to me, but maybe CNN and the left have a shock and awe up their sleeves.  LOL. 

I don't know the exact quotes you are referring to on CNN, as I don't have access to that garbage...

But any media personalities advocating, calling for, or predicting civil war should have severe penalty.

Yet another thing I agree with trump on. The media needs to be stomped on. Hard. Left and right. 

I think certain elements of media are stuck.  Tapper, Cuomo, Lemon, Maddow....all of them have a core viewership and they simply cannot apologized, admit they were wrong....nothing, because that cadre of viewers is so radicalized at this time that for them to do so would be ratings suicide.

From a historical perspective after WWII while interviewing some of the Nazi leadership part of the rationale on their part to continue murdering Jews even after it was clear they would lose is that they knew to attempt to hide their actions would be an admission of guilt, so they kept it up.....I see that same behavior here with mostly CNN.  MSNBC appears to be attempting some effort toward responsible journalism at this time.

22 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I think certain elements of media are stuck.  Tapper, Cuomo, Lemon, Maddow....all of them have a core viewership and they simply cannot apologized, admit they were wrong....nothing, because that cadre of viewers is so radicalized at this time that for them to do so would be ratings suicide.

From a historical perspective after WWII while interviewing some of the Nazi leadership part of the rationale on their part to continue murdering Jews even after it was clear they would lose is that they knew to attempt to hide their actions would be an admission of guilt, so they kept it up.....I see that same behavior here with mostly CNN.  MSNBC appears to be attempting some effort toward responsible journalism at this time.

Press Nazis.  :o

5 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I believe Russia interfered in the election on behalf of trump. Not because they necessarily wanted trump, but merely because he was the underdog. Hell, they probably interferred on both sides.

That's my take anyway. And clearly they succeeded. I am saddened that both sides of our political spectrum merely used, and continue to use, it as an excuse to tee off on the other, and NOBODY seems interested in retaliating or even condemning their interferrence.

It's a sad day when America is blatantly attacked, in any form, and can't be bothered to respond. 

Their interference was........................what? Some twitter/facebook bots where a $100,000 was spent and which had minimal impact on the election? There still remains no evidence the DNC was actually hacked by Russia other than the word of co-conspirators in Russia Collusion setup. 

Since you're interested in taking action against those who clearly interfered with our elections, let's talk about the Democrats. A recent poll show their efforts to spread the Russia Collusion lie affected the 2018 mid terms and affected the results. What should be the penalty? 

21 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Press Nazis.  :o

They are following the model.  These outlets are propagandists, not journalists, and their response to the awareness of their mistakes makes this even more clear.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ex-cia-director-john-brennan-admits-he-may-have-had-bad-information-regarding-president-trump-and-russia

Now Brennan is 'admitting' he may have had bad information regarding Trump/Russia. He's past the denial stage and moving into negotiation phase. 

Treasonous focker...............your neck needs stretched.

11 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Their interference was........................what? Some twitter/facebook bots where a $100,000 was spent and which had minimal impact on the election? There still remains no evidence the DNC was actually hacked by Russia other than the word of co-conspirators in Russia Collusion setup. 

Since you're interested in taking action against those who clearly interfered with our elections, let's talk about the Democrats. A recent poll show their efforts to spread the Russia Collusion lie affected the 2018 mid terms and affected the results. What should be the penalty? 

Depends. Those who genuinely believed it? No penalty. 

Anyone who pushed it knowing it to be false? Sure. Penalize them to whatever the extent the law allows. 

4 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ex-cia-director-john-brennan-admits-he-may-have-had-bad-information-regarding-president-trump-and-russia

Now Brennan is 'admitting' he may have had bad information regarding Trump/Russia. He's past the denial stage and moving into negotiation phase. 

I think this one calls it out well...

Link

It’s a reckoning for Democrats who saw almost every development in this almost-two-year investigation as another dot connecting a conspiracy Mueller has not found. It’s a reckoning for many in the media that dutifully passed along this theory without scrutiny or context. And it’s a reckoning for many national security officials who abandoned their traditional nonpartisan role as custodians of state secrets to engage in a campaign against a president they loathed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Depends. Those who genuinely believed it? No penalty. 

Anyone who pushed it knowing it to be false? Sure. Penalize them to whatever the extent the law allows. 

Genuinely believed it = no penalty won't wash but you bring up a valid point.

The rank and file personnel who were given a narrative and orders (such as install wiretap, monitor this, etc...) avoid the noose and possibly jail time but NFW should they retain their jobs.

The people who facilitated the plot go to jail for life. This includes most politicians and journalists involved, foreigners that assisted, etc.

The people directly involved get the traitors death. Piano wire............

3 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Genuinely believed it = no penalty won't wash but you bring up a valid point.

The rank and file personnel who were given a narrative and orders (such as install wiretap, monitor this, etc...) avoid the noose and possibly jail time but NFW should they retain their jobs.

The people who facilitated the plot go to jail for life. This includes most politicians and journalists involved, foreigners that assisted, etc.

The people directly involved get the traitors death. Piano wire............

Perhaps those involved should be given the same level of consideration as Trump received from them?

58 minutes ago, Filthy Fernadez said:

Brennan's a focking piece of shiot.

7 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Brennan's a focking piece of shiot.

Yes, this is starting to at least appear to be the case.

Any chance we can just move on?   Maybe we (as in the collective country) start talking less about conspiracy theories and more about the economy, immigration, education, healthcare, environment,  debt/deficit, etc. ?

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Any chance we can just move on?   Maybe we (as in the collective country) start talking less about conspiracy theories and more about the economy, immigration, education, healthcare, environment,  debt/deficit, etc. ?

Sorry but the left doesn't get to say 'move on' after once they're out of ammo and attempted to divide the nation for 2+ years, try to undo the election, sully our Justice system and facing prosecution for their crimes.

Healing begins once Justice is handed down. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Yes, I think it is possible, but that progress would be predicated on the Democrats moving on, shelving their hate for the man who is Trump and realigning their purpose to governing.

10 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I don't know man, this whole thing is pretty focking disgusting..

What the left tried to do to a sitting President, invent a narrative and weaponize government agencies..  I'm not really down with this sh!t.  Moving on doesn't sound that great to me..

:dunno:

• Like 3