Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

The hottest new trend among kids. Killing yourself if you survived a mass shooting. You ain’t kewl til you kill yo self yo.

Killing yourself is an odd way of getting attention, since you wouldn’t be there to enjoy it anyway. 

Kids aren't raised to have to cope with anything anymore. They are all coddled by their angry liberal trophy giving parents.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, MDC said:

Liking yourself is an odd way of getting attention, since you wouldn’t be there to enjoy it anyway. 

Wat?

5 minutes ago, sderk said:

Kids aren't raised to have to cope with anything anymore. They are all coddled by their angry liberal trophy giving parents.

How do you teach kids to "cope" with a bunch of your classmates and teachers, including one of your best friends, being senselessly murdered?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

How do you teach kids to "cope" with a bunch of your classmates and teachers, including one of your best friends, being senselessly murdered?

Rub some dirt on that PTSD / survivors guilt.

1 hour ago, Strike said:

By telling them not to kill themselves in the face of tragedy would be a good start.

know what makes ya cool? making fun of a young person committing suicide on an anonymous low traffic message board 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tanatastic said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article228350134.html

A second parkland survivor has killed themselves from apparent “survivors guilt”. Latest attention grabbing Darwin Award winning trend.

WTF is wrong with you? Seriously should peenie this thread and save yourself from further embarrassment. <_<

3 minutes ago, joneo said:

WTF is wrong with you? Seriously should peenie this thread and save yourself from further embarrassment. <_<

Yea no thanks, not embarrassed about anything, slapdick. These kids should be counting their blessings instead they kill themselves at the guilt of the gift of life they were given. That’s a new kind of stupid and selfish.

16 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Yea no thanks, not embarrassed about anything, slapdick. These kids should be counting their blessings instead they kill themselves at the guilt of the gift of life they were given. That’s a new kind of stupid and selfish.

Wow, thanks for showing what a pathetic human you are. 

Young kids I think need extra help to get through this kind of stuff.  They do not have the emotion or intellectual capacity to handle this kind of thing on their own, or vote, or make decisions to mutilate their bodies either...but I digress

Think of how many vets have come home from korea and vietnam...before there was ptsd..  shell shock was the name.   What did they do?  They went and got jobs...raised kids and lived a life.  Now we have a whole generation of ptsd victims who use it as an excuse to do nothing 

Its an insult to say these kids have ptsd with what some vets have seen in vietnam..and korea.

12 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Think of how many vets have come home from korea and vietnam...before there was ptsd..  shell shock was the name.   What did they do?  They went and got jobs...raised kids and lived a life.  Now we have a whole generation of ptsd victims who use it as an excuse to do nothing 

Its an insult to say these kids have ptsd with what some vets have seen in vietnam..and korea.

You're incorrect and inaccurate. Some vets went home and got jobs and raised kids, but a majority had mental health issues. Serving in the military is not a prerequisite for PTSD.  Today's society recognizes that traumatic events can cause PTSD and it's a real deal.  Does that mean everyone who claims to have it really does? Absolutely not. 

17 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/vietnam-vets-highest-rates-suicide-alongisde-baby-boomers/story?id=19100593

"But suicide rates among Vietnam veterans are the highest of any particular group, according to John Draper, project director of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline."

11 minutes ago, joneo said:

You're incorrect and inaccurate. Some vets went home and got jobs and raised kids, but a majority had mental health issues. Serving in the military is not a prerequisite for PTSD.  Today's society recognizes that traumatic events can cause PTSD and it's a real deal.  Does that mean everyone who claims to have it really does? Absolutely not. 

A majority? I don't think so. 

31 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Or they were extremely disturbed people who sometimes lashed out and beat up their spouses in their sleep. Any kind of pop has them flinching.

It's like saying that mental illness didn't really exist in the 50s simply because most people didn't acknowledge it. Or its like saying no one had dislexia until it was finally diagnosed. Then all of a sudden there was an epidemic of dislexics...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Without looking up any stats, I would assume greater than 50% of Vietnam vets who saw action had some type of mental health issue.

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Take a look at Bandrus' post :dunno:

Looks like Pete Buttplug or whoever is the D running for president is losing votes. 2 of them now. Definitely far left snowflakes.

I dont disavow that ptsd is real...or anything to be taken lightly.  Peopleseem to  have lost their "grit"...resillience...whatever you want to call it.  I saw someone say rub some dirt on it....a bit extreme but still...its talking about grit and resillience.   I think the term (ptsd)is used liberally without any scientific evidence or clinical evidence.

4 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

know what makes ya cool? making fun of a young person committing suicide on an anonymous low traffic message board 

Yup. Not that I needed to be reminded that there are some real jerks on here.

There's saying awful things here as a means of getting a laugh when you know full well that you would never say or even think those things out loud.

But then there's just some people revealing their true nature. 

------------------

Survivor's guilt sucks. And I don't care how youre raised, that's going to be just an incredible burden to carry as a young person.

There are grown ass soldiers who've been through multiple deployments who end up swallowing a bullet after seeing hell of a lot less death. 

Sucks. 

16 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I dont disavow that ptsd is real...or anything to be taken lightly.  Peopleseem to  have lost their "grit"...resillience...whatever you want to call it.  I saw someone say rub some dirt on it....a bit extreme but still...its talking about grit and resillience.   I think the term (ptsd)is used liberally without any scientific evidence or clinical evidence.

It ain't new. They used to call it shell shock. At one point, this country was losing a soldier to suicide every 22 hours. At one point, we lost more soldiers in 1 year to suicide hear back home then we did in combat.

There's more awareness of it now and it's talked about more now, but that doesn't make it new or some representation of a weaker generation. But we're looking at the first generation to be born during war and grow up their entire childhood during not just one but two wars. Has never happened before in this country.

Now, there are a ton of other things that point to a lesser weaker more ridiculous group of young people today than ever before, I'll grant you that.

And frankly, when Ariana grande came out on insta snatch and talked about how she had PTSD from being somewhere in the depths and safety of Manchester arena when the bomb went off, I wanted to punch her in the throat. But I'd still violate her more times than the speed limit.

This is the Geek Club where we hang around with and make friends with folks who make light of kids committing suicide. Meh, yeah I'm not feeling it this time, it's tacky, but who am I to complain? Some of the funniest threads we've come up with is edgy stuff resulting in dead kids: kid sticks his head out of a bus sunroof going under a bridge, or retrieving a hat in the off limits area under a roller coaster. Also, I'd be a hypocrite to cast the first stone. Once upon a time, I posted a link to a kid that drowned in a septic tank.

13 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

This is the Geek Club where we hang around with and make friends with folks who make light of kids committing suicide. Meh, yeah I'm not feeling it this time, it's tacky, but who am I to complain? Some of the funniest threads we've come up with is edgy stuff resulting in dead kids: kid sticks his head out of a bus sunroof going under a bridge, or retrieving a hat in the off limits area under a roller coaster. Also, I'd be a hypocrite to cast the first stone. Once upon a time, I posted a link to a kid that drowned in a septic tank.

Screw that, It’s warranted. These kids families found out their child was spared in a horrible tragedy. Biggest blessing of their lives, then the kid commits suicide. That’s incredibly selfish and stupid, think of the parents joy after the tragedy then now this happens. So all of you condemning me can fock off, these kids deserve to be heckled. It’s the most senseless and selfish BS I’ve seen. You were given a chance to appreciate life instead you end it yourself. 

“Survivors guilt” is the dumbest thing I’ve heard. Your friends who got wasted would have loved to be alive like the survivors were. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Screw that, It’s warranted. These kids families found out their child was spared in a horrible tragedy. Biggest blessing of their lives, then the kid commits suicide. That’s incredibly selfish and stupid, think of the parents joy after the tragedy then now this happens. So all of you condemning me can fock off, these kids deserve to be heckled. It’s the most senseless and selfish BS I’ve seen. You were given a chance to appreciate life instead you end it yourself. 

“Survivors guilt” is the dumbest thing I’ve heard. Your friends who got wasted would have loved to be alive like the survivors were. 

I'm with you on this one. And for the others' comments about this scenario comparing it to a soldier who has fought in Vietnam or in WW2, that is simply mindless drivel.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I am with Tantastic on this one as well

of course I don't really care about suicide "victims" the victims are the survivors

and if you dont see his point that this was nothing more than an oh look now I can do it cause she did

• Thanks 1

Add me to the Tana camp as well. And Volty who pointed out that we've done worse here.  Turn left Dale$#@!

My daughter has type 1 diabetes.  Another girl in her school had it and died this past year from a super low blood sugar.  My daughter doesn't have survivor guilt; she has "oh crap I need to manage this better."

That being said, I understand that it can be traumatic.  It is the responsibility of the parents to know their children well enough to know if they should speak to a counselor. 

• Thanks 1

A teen killing them selves is a lot different than an adult doing it. Shouldn't be looked at the same, and I don't know why someone would.  

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

A teen killing them selves is a lot different than an adult doing it. Shouldn't be looked at the same, and I don't know why someone would.  

if you are old enough to vote and join the military you aren't a teen in my book

1 minute ago, RaiderHater's Revenge said:

if you are old enough to vote and join the military you aren't a teen in my book

I see most of them as teenagers for alot longer than when I was that age.   We grew the fock up, got jobs, bought cars, busted our arse building a career......this generation has been told to whine and do little else...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tanatastic said:

So what do you think about soldiers that kill themselves for the same reason?

21 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

I see most of them as teenagers for alot longer than when I was that age.   We grew the fock up, got jobs, bought cars, busted our arse building a career......this generation has been told to whine and do little else...

That's exactly what the generation before you said about you.  Stop becoming one of the olds, nerd.

13 minutes ago, Kanil said:

That's exactly what the generation before you said about you.  Stop becoming one of the olds, nerd.

Perhaps.  I cannot recall any protests like these little weasels are doing.  Misusing racism and other labels as weapons to crush people who disagreed with us.  We made fun of millenials and genx'ers and that was funny, there is nothing humorous about the evil of this generation

40 minutes ago, Ray Lewis's Limo Driver said:

The irony is that you whine about it here all the time. :thumbsup:

While the whole thing is tragic, I'm ok with tan being angry and disgusted by this teen's actions. Carry on.