Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ditkanate

Torrid... any news on Sportsline eligibility listings?

Guest Ditkanate

Just curious if CBS' player eligibility matched up with ours yet? For instance i see that Chris Richard qualifies for OF and 1B according to CBS. Can i trust it, or are they still out of whack with our rules so that i need to double check it with USA or whatever? Thanks.

Guest torridjoe

It's correct on Chris Richard at least.

I haven't gone through recently and looked around on potential exceptions. Double checking is probably still a good idea, if there's someone who looks like they're sporting a strange set of elgible positions.

Guest Ditkanate

Meant to post this here, but accidentally posted it in the GAMES PLAYED thread. I guess it belongs both places... so here it is again:

Torrid... FYI. Pokey Reese has played 4 games at SS to date and CBS does not show him eligible at that position yet. If he plays there today, that would be five and SHOULD then cause him to be an eligible SS in our league. So, this will be a good test to see if it is all kosher with our rules.

Guest torridjoe

I can't check out Pokey, because I can only see eligibilities for players already on teams. I would add him to check, but then when I drop him he'd go on waivers for two days. I could set the add and subsequent drop retroactive to a couple of days ago, but then his eligibilities wouldn't be current.

In any case, go to Teams-Eligibilities from the league page. It shows in bold where your players are eligible. If the number is less than 5 but is in bold, it means either they played 10+ games there last year, or they played fewer than 10, but that's the position they played the most. If there's an X, it means they haven't played there this year, but they qualified for it last year.

Everything actually looks good from there. I think we're OK.

Guest Ditkanate

Well, it is official. Pokey played SS last night and today he is eligible at the position on CBS Sportsline. So i guess at this point i'm pretty comfortable with CBS having the correct position eligibilities. FYI.

Guest torridjoe

How'd you find eligibilities for free agents, Nate? I could only see those guys who were on a team...

Guest Ditkanate

You can customize a report to include "Eligible" as one of the report categories.

the oldest post i could find :shocking: