Sign in to follow this  
nocarbs

Trading for #1 leave link.

I have been offered my #1 pick (#5 overall) and my 2nd round pick (#16 overall) for the #1 pick in the draft. Non-keeper only 10 teams.

I am thinking of doing it because it is a small league only 10 teams.

Leave link will help.

So basically SA or LJ for Barber or Portis and Holt. I may do this. The 5 spot is a little tough this year with the injury to Portis. A 10 team league will allow you to build depth anywhere as long as you focus on the value picks. I would probably do this.

I have been offered my #1 pick (#5 overall) and my 2nd round pick (#16 overall) for the #1 pick in the draft. Non-keeper only 10 teams.

I am thinking of doing it because it is a small league only 10 teams.

Leave link will help.

I'd definitely do it. Barring injury, getting an Alexander or Lt or Johnson will make

your team. Please see mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=224161

Just making sure I have this right - you'd give up #5 and #16 to get #1. I assume you'd be getting one of his later picks, as well, to keep the total draft spots even.

That would leave you with Pick #1...then a long wait to your normal 5th slot position in round 3...pick number 25.

Yeah, a lot of guys will be available then in a 10-team draft, but the 1-4 teams will already have three solid starters (probably all #1's) by the time you get your second pick. In fact, the guy you'd make the trade with would even have FOUR picks before you'd get your second (your 5/16 and his own 20/21).

I'd suggest making some kind of counter-offer. At the very least, request switching spots in round 3 with him, too...that would get him pick 5, 16, 20, then your #25, while he'd be giving up #1 and moving down 4 slots in round 3. I don't think that's too much to ask. You might even consider counter-offering a little stronger...say your 1st and 3rd for his 1st and 5th. Get a little creative.

Getting one of those three is great, but you'd be giving up a lot of potential in the early rounds and handing the guy you traded with a huge start out of the gate with 4 outstanding players in the top 21!. That might be tough to overcome once the games begin, even with one of the big 3.

(Oh - and thanks for the help in my Chester/Culpepper thread, nocarbs)

Like everyone else has said I think it comes down to what is one of the 3 top "elite" RB worth to you? I think Dimenally is right you should ask for another pick from him in a different round. Yesterday while I was on here I saw in a post a fantasy pick calculator here's the link:

http://footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm

When I did your picks it said you shouldn't do the trade.

I do not like it.....you would be waiting a long time in between picks you could get two quality RB's for that....you saw my lineup I was 10th in a 10 person league and I have Caddy & Edge and alot of depth at my positions. I would leave your picks alone. You will have a better draft that way

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=224443

Thanks for the help on mine. As for the trade, I wouldnt do it. If you look at what the total points for your first two picks will be with taking the trade, it's probably alot less than if you just stay where you are. Two solid players are better than one stud and a "maybe" player. Never rely on just one player and by accepting that trade, its basically what you would be doing. If you could maybe pull off a different trade and not have to go so long without a pick, then consider it, but until then, stay where you are. Good luck.