Sign in to follow this  
jjoel

Ronnie Brown or MJ-Drew?

12 team keeper league- keep 3 players. I am keeping Willie Parker and Steve Smith- should I keep Brown or Jones-Drew?

12 team keeper league- keep 3 players. I am keeping Willie Parker and Steve Smith- should I keep Brown or Jones-Drew?

I would take Maurice Jones-Drew in this one. Brown only had 64 more rushing yards and Jones had 160 more receiving yards, 13 more receptions and one more TD. Imagine what he would have done if he was the clear cut starter! Brown did miss three games, but that is another knock against him.

I don't care for Brown or the Dolphins offense for that matter.

Jones-Drew put up pretty good numbers while splitting time with Taylor. I expect Taylor to be gone by next year and the job will be all Jones! Even though he's small I don't think it will stop the coaches from giving him every opportunity to be the everydown back. The only drawback would be a bigger back taking TD's.

Good luck.

I'd also say MoJo, but not by a lot. I don't like either offense. Both teams are not strong at QB, TE, or WR (and don't try to tell me that this is THE year for Jones, Williams, and Wilford!). Making things worse is that they both appear to be getting weaker at these positions, rather than stronger.

I'd still love either player on my team though!

Brown has reported to camp, and is apparently in great shape according to reports, although I'm not sure how much stock you can put in that at this time of year. Teams will probably be loading the box trying to stop the run against Miami this year. They're both young. However, I think MoJo has more upside, based on the explosiveness and elusiveness he showed last year. I'd be a bit worried about him getting into a Tatum Bell or Julius Jones situation inside the 20s though - it's hard for me to picture him punching it in from the 2 yd line against some AFC defenses, but maybe I didn't watch enough of him last year.

For being a semi Miami fan it pains me to say this, but that Miami O-line is still terrible!

MoJo is the best pick here!

Agree with the others, take Jones-Drew. (and I am a phins fan) Only possible thing to consider is what Cameron has done the last few years in SD with the running game, but I think the talent in SD is FAR superior to Miami's players, our o-line is in shambles, go Drew for this one.

Good luck.

Like MJD a lot. Go with him. Very versatile back. If Fred goes down he has top 5 fantasy ability. If not he still should be top 15.

MJD for sure. I like Ronnie and think he is a very good #2RB. MJD will be a very good #1RB eventually (once Fred is gone). Hell, he almost put up low end #1RB numbers last year in RBBC.

Thanks for seeing mine.

I like Brown here. He is going to get the bulk of the load and with Greg Jones, who is pretty good short yardage /goalline type of guy, the Jags backfield is too crowded.

And did I mention Brown will be the workhorse back in Miami this year????

I would keep Brown he is going to get more of the work load. MOJO looks like the sexy pick but you have to contend with Taylor and Jones (btw Jags were very high on before he got hurt). Honestly I would keep Brown. No way MOJO will have the same year he did last year defenses will key on him more than they did last year.

MoJo was huge for me last year... I'd ride him again given the chance. The Jags are a ball control team which means he'll get plenty of carries. I know Fred is the starter and they are projecting that Greg Jones will steal goalline carries but it's hard to keep your best RB off the field.

go MoJo!

Jacksonville was the third best rushing team in terms of yardage and yards per game, behind San Diego and Atlanta. They were second in rushing TDs behind SD. They are a run-oriented team that's damn good at it.

Jacksonville's schedule looks to be very beneficial for the run - in fact, some sources list it as the most favorable schedule.

At the worst, I see MJD achieving 80% of his stats last year, but that's only worst case scenario. The best case scenario is a truly stellar performance.

There are some negatives, however, mainly that he could be in a RBBC with two other backs. I'm sure the coaching staff will still get him the ball though, and I'd be surprised if he didn't log more carries/catches than last year.

Brown's O-line is weak. His offense is ok, at best, but the rushing attack was in the basement last year. They have some stout run defenses they face during the year. I like Brown, but he is just not in a good situation.

I'd take MJD.

I'd have to see your scoring system to really make a solid recommendation.. judge for yourself given these predictions:

R Brown will have more rushing yards and 100 yard rushing games.

MJD will catch more passes for more yards and rec TDs.

Good luck!