Sign in to follow this  
Redzonehog

Is Pierce really worth burning my high waiver on?

My next two games are against the two weakest teams in the league, so I am looking for a more longterm RB3/RB4 to add to my roster.

I've never been interested in burning a waiver on someone who may only be startable for 1-2 weeks, unless I REALLY need a win and am struggling....so the prospect of Pierce producing this week only means nothing to me.

My question: will Pierce be productive for the majority of the season or just a week or two?

It doesn't sound like Ray Rice's injury is all the serious and may even suit up this week. I think that Pierce will only be truly valuable if Rice goes down for an extended period. That being said, if Pierce does get the shot, he will be a borderline RB1. So it basically comes down to predicting injuries, which is impossible, but if your team is setup to sit and stash a guy for awhile, it may not be a bad idea.

I don't think Pierce has much long term value at all, unless you're a Rice owner. It really depends on who you have to drop in order to pick him up. I wouldn't drop anyone of value, because you thought Rice was going to miss significant time, because he's not...

I don't think Pierce has much long term value at all, unless you're a Rice owner. It really depends on who you have to drop in order to pick him up. I wouldn't drop anyone of value, because you thought Rice was going to miss significant time, because he's not...

Actually I have a worthless handcuff to drop...Lance Dunbar. Either way though, I think I may be better off just picking up a FA with some upside instead of burning my waiver on someone with some upside.