Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Draft Discussion Thread

Damn. Good trade ww and bb. I was going to look at the Sox for something like that. Sucks being on the road and not having rosters in front of you.

Damn. Good trade ww and bb. I was going to look at the Sox for something like that. Sucks being on the road and not having rosters in front of you.

I still have more 1B available, feel free to make an offer on Nava, Napoli, or V-Mart. Looking for a catcher and SP at this point.

my team all of a sudden looks drastically improved

I do not want to see the video of how you worked it so Cano could drop to you. :o

I do not want to see the video of how you worked it so Cano could drop to you. :o

I recorded it. Let me know if you ever change your mind.

my team all of a sudden looks drastically improved

Was it worth your self respect?

I recorded it. Let me know if you ever change your mind.

I was gonna say "I hope he didn't use teeth", but it IS cmh after all, so that probably wasn't an issue. :lol:

i got the first 4 picks correct.

hope this thing keeps moving.

And, yet, I get a ball busting hard time <_<

I am kicking ass this season.

ZeroTolerance trades the #5 pick and Austin Jackson

Jim Mora trades the #10 pick and Ian Kinsler

This trade is now reflected on your draft roster...

Kipnis was too good to pass up there.. not sure it was the right move. Pujols is on the block for an OF...

It's all a crap shoot.

Hmm...so far everything has gone exactly as expected (you know, other than the trade). Houston is a wild card though.

• Like 1

For those that thought this is going exactly as expect should go play the lottery...

• Like 1

For those that thought this is going exactly as expect should go play the lottery...

To this point everyone has drafted based on their biggest need (the exception was your pick which was best player available, since your 'biggest need' might be a closer...and that would have been crazy to take this early). I was hoping Guests would shore up his rotation with that pick just now though, so I missed out on my guy.

To this point everyone has drafted based on their biggest need (the exception was your pick which was best player available, since your 'biggest need' might be a closer...and that would have been crazy to take this early). I was hoping Guests would shore up his rotation with that pick just now though, so I missed out on my guy.

I understand that but needing a 1B wasn't my biggest need (and yes taking a closer early was going to be a reach)... I just took Goldy because he was the best available...

I don't think it's any surprise who I took

I'm on the same page as Posty. Kipnis wasn't a need with Matt Carpenter still eligible at 2B. Just felt another infielder was more valuable than an OF at this point. I have more options at OF with fill-in players than I do at 2B.

I understand that but needing a 1B wasn't my biggest need (and yes taking a closer early was going to be a reach)... I just took Goldy because he was the best available...

That is why I said the exception was your pick, which was best available, lol.

I don't think it's any surprise who I took

Not a surprise considering the lengths you had to go through to make it happen. The only surprise is the shame hasn't kept you away longer than this.

That Braun pick made things pretty tough for me. I wound up with four guys to choose from, none of which I was in love with.

i had Posty pegged for goldschmidt all the way. i thought it was his biggest need. the 1st 4 dropped off the board as i expected they would.

i didn't think OF was exactly burts biggest need but McCutch was the best player, imo.

obviously CMH was taking Cano

I really didn't think posty wanted to go into the season with laroche and dunn as his 1b and RP can be had later.

Rockies needed SP

I had Kipnis pegged next for Detroit but the trade cancelled that. Although technically he traded for 2b.

Yeah, I had to get a 2B somehow, but wasn't willing to take Kipnis that high. So my options were trade down and solve 2B that way, or take a stud (most likely Felix) and draft the best 2B left on the board in round 2.

I'm on the same page as Posty. Kipnis wasn't a need with Matt Carpenter still eligible at 2B. Just felt another infielder was more valuable than an OF at this point. I have more options at OF with fill-in players than I do at 2B.

Your pick I predicted because of a mistake I made. When you drafted Carpenter I put him at his current position, 3B, and forgot what his other position eligibility was. Thus, on my sheet your only 2B was Kolten Wong (which made that your weak point).

ETA: No, I didn't predicted the 11th pick (even though it was his biggest need, thought he would take it second round).

I missed on the 11th as well. I thought Rameriz would be in the 2nd round. Solid SS though and not a bad pick.

With Kipnis now I have some depth with Carpenter/Freese at 3rd and Carpenter/Kipnis/Wong at 2nd. Liking it so far.

Furcal was my only SS, no way could I count on him, could of easily picked someone else than Alexei but he's been very consistent.

Had to get my OF. Excited about the potential. Just like the Jays my season will be built on possibility?!?!

I was torn between Kipnis and Gomez. The only thing about Gomez that scared me was how a full season of Braun will help or hurt his numbers. Awesome potential though.

The thing that scares me about Carlos Gomez is not being sure if he will be institutionalized during the season. :lol:

• Like 1

buncha asshats.

gotta decide on this 2nd pick

do i draft need or do i draft potential

I would go with Potential. Possibly a first round draft pick from this year. :D

Nice pick WW...didn't even think about Tanaka. Not sure how he will pan out but it is certainly worth a shot.

i do love me some matt harvey