Sign in to follow this  
Miller_Time_21

Rule Vote

OK guys, in an attempt to improve the competitive nature of the league and help future retention I believe there is a rule that needs to be changed. Last year we made this rule mainly b/c we had so many new owners and some of the talent available was perceived as better then what some other teams had. Regardless, I believe we made an error last year in placing these guys at the ned. And while I can not go back and reverse this, we can learn for this mistake and move forward to improve this. The vote will be to change the way vacant teams are slotted in the draft after the supplemental draft. Now the rules state they are to be slotted at the end, hence moving all other teams up. I believe this is an unfair advantage to current teams to improve your draft position just b/c a team dropped out. I believe your draft position should remain the same no matter how many teams return. This is the spot you earned from the previous season and shouldn't be changed. My proposal is to switch the the rule to place the vacant draft positions in the supplemental draft to be drafted just the way a player is. For example, this year draft spot #2 & 5 are open. In addition to the players on the two vacant teams, the new owners will also need to slect a draft position. They will need to decide at what point are they better off taking the higher position over a possible keeper. This will leave the draft spots as is and I think it will improve the overall balance of the league.

In summary, please vote for one of the following:

1. New owners draft at the end

2. New owners must draft a draft position from the vacant positions available in the supplemental draft.

Once we decide on this issue we will move on to finding new owners and then deciding on any additional rule changes.

:rolleyes: Good Call. #2

Should the teams that came in last year be allowed to reup as new teams as compensation for last year if they choose ??

I'm down with the #2 idea myself. Allowing the draft slots themselves to be used just like players to be selected seems like a good idea. :rolleyes:

Should the teams that came in last year be allowed to reup as new teams as compensation for last year if they choose ??

No, I'm not going to open that can of worms again. What was done in the past is done unfortunatly, what we can do is improve it for the future.

Screw the newbies :mad: ............I'm voting #1 :mad:

Just kidding....#2 is the way to go and gets my real vote

When can we suggest some rule adjustments, potential pot increases, etc? Or are we moving one item at a time?

Since I'm not a hypocrite and thought that last years decision to put the new teams at the end was a lame one, I vote for the second option................. :thumbsup:

Allright, that's 10-0, enough to change it. I'll work on getting the spots filled then we can nominate rule changes. If they have the support, we will vote on them.