Sign in to follow this  
bellyache

who picks first?

Miller_Time will probably have to send you both to a randon number generator site. Unless he is going to use votes to determine the order.

Remember when you draft that you will be selecting your fall draft slot in this draft and take that into account when you draft.

Miller_Time will probably have to send you both to a randon number generator site. Unless he is going to use votes to determine the order.

Remember when you draft that you will be selecting your fall draft slot in this draft and take that into account when you draft.

So if one person drafts the 2nd overall pick the other person automatically gets the 4th overall pick?

So if one person drafts the 2nd overall pick the other person automatically gets the 4th overall pick?

Yes, that was my basic understanding of it.

The picks available are #2 & #5. And yes if someone selects the second draft slot, the other can wait till his last pick to take #5. So you have to decide when it is worth passing on a player just to draft 3 spots earlier.

As far as who drafts 1st, since it is just the two of you, I can either flip a coin and post the results since it doesn't matter to me either way, or I can send you a randon dice roll and you both can do that and the highest will go first, you two let me know. If you both are not cool with the coin flip we will do the random roll, let me know. The draft will start once rules have been decided on, I will be starting that soon.

Allright, I flipped the coin and Bellyache will select first. It will be a serpentine draft so that means Cdub will have the next two. Figured I'd do it ASAP so you can start to plan your strategy.

Also, we can do as many or as few rounds as you two like. You can only keep 5, but it would be my suggestion to go 10 or 12 rounds so you can make sure you have any possible potential keepers on those teams and make your cutdowns like the rest of us. Let me know what you two think.

Just a comment on the talent availiable this year vs last. There were 4 big name RBs availiable last year (Holmes, Williams, Portis, Lewis) plus Owens and Vick but it got thin after three rounds with 5 teams drafting and getting five genuine keeper quality players was tough. This year doesn't have the big name players, but with only two drafting, there is much more depth, and both teams should be able to get a solid five to begin the season........................

Good luck to both of you...................... :doublethumbsup:

Looking forward to this!

Yeah, it will be interesting for me to see how they draft in relation to how I rank the availiable players. IMO, there is a big advantage to picking first.............

Rule nominations are closed, but if someone wants to throw another support to the supplemental draft being able to draft FA's as well, this would help these guys as well I would think. If not, we will proceed as planned. It may be tonight or tomorrow until I get the voting started, I have a meeting all day today. If I get a break, I'll try to start it up.