Sign in to follow this  
torridjoe

***NEW COMMENTARY THREAD***

Nice Lopez pick by EMoney. He should just rush in here and pick like that for every round.

Monroe has good breakout potential; he had a big surge in the 2nd half last year, hits great against righties, does well home and road, and turns 28. As a fifth OF, a good bargain IMO.

the only question with monroe was going to be playing time, but with sanchez now out of the picture, that is no longer a problem and definitely makes him an attractive OF to have. he was on my squad down the stretch last year. i heart him. B)

I think it's important to have lots of discussion threads since having one big thread would be way too tidy. alsomonroestealer@#!@#

the only question with monroe was going to be playing time, but with sanchez now out of the picture, that is no longer a problem and definitely makes him an attractive OF to have. he was on my squad down the stretch last year. i heart him. B)

:clap:

I think it's important to have lots of discussion threads since having one big thread would be way too tidy. alsomonroestealer@#!@#

unrily, too. Lots of drafts I've been in have a thread for each round.

I went through for about an hour last night and everything kept coming back with Lopez on my research. Some negatives on him for sure but I'm excited. Monroe was the next guy on my list so we are still thinking the same things torrid.

I went through for about an hour last night and everything kept coming back with Lopez on my research. Some negatives on him for sure but I'm excited. Monroe was the next guy on my list so we are still thinking the same things torrid.

Shandler has him at 16-8, 3.66/1.25/130. Pretty good for the end of the 19th round.

Ran to a Kinko's between games and just emailed a list to torridjoe. That's dedication, baby.

I gave you fockers plenty of time to stop me from taking Burnitz. The guys gonna hit 30-40 homers for chrissakes, couldn't one of you bastages have used that and stopped me? Remind me to never ask any of you for help with a drug or drinking problem.

I'm out before I run up this $0.25 a minute tab. I'll be back this evening for my next pick, if it makes it back to me.

i wanted haren you no-good canadain jackass!@# ;)

You don't give enough lurve to pitchers Nate...you simply use them and discard them immediately. Pitchers are like whores to you and you don't deserve Danny you PIG! :o

i would like to express shock and dismay at your accusations, but i can't because they are true!!@#

:mad: <-- that is me, the pitcherpimp

I would like to recommend a thread for your viewing pleasure to see how much love there is for me at the Geek Board nowadays.

Really? Cuz you know what i'd like? FOR YOU TO PICK THAT'S WHAT!@#$@#$#@ :pointstosky: :thumbsup: :huh: ;) :mad:

pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# pICK!@# :mad:

well, i have now had my first official kick in the nuts. thanks dagger!@# :banana:

well, i have now had my first official kick in the nuts. thanks dagger!@# :banana:

several of us felt the torsion.

Surprised Walker made it this far---or perhaps I'm worried that the Cubs homers haven't picked him up. I needed a contingency in case Tadahito Iguchi flames out; Walker's a decent backup in a park that is well suited to him. Plus it seems like Dusty Baker prefers Walker to Hairston, so he should see at least 400 AB IMO. Plus you really should carry four MI just in case.

wasn't too excited to take miles, but not much else there, and in coors - you never know. and he can't really hurt me, so i guess thats what you get out of a 17th rounder.

Apparently Orlando Hernandez feels much better now: when his arm falls to the ground, he can replace it on his own between innings.

that's why i picked him. being able to replace his own are will do a lot for his morale. :huh:

that's why i picked him. being able to replace his own are will do a lot for his morale. :huh:

Gotta like his line for today:

Chi White Sox

Pitcher IP H R ER BB SO HR

O Hernandez 5 8 5 5 1 5 0

J Garland (W,1-0) 4 7 4 4 1 3 0

alsoGarlandisinmidseasonform:hyper:

hyper;;HYper;;;hyper;;;ypu woot!@#$@#$

also i'm watching UNI try to knock off the Badgers and stuff!@##@$

that's why i picked him.  being able to replace his own are will do a lot for his morale. :thumbsup:

Gotta like his line for today:

Chi White Sox

Pitcher IP H R ER BB SO HR

J Garland (W,1-0) 4 7 4 4 1 3 0

alsoGarlandisinmidseasonform:hyper:

that's actually not that bad; a 3 PQS score. No HR, low bb, high k. The hits just fell in for him. Good pick, Nate.

i can call him, hold on a sec.

UNI couldn't quite get over the hump against wisconsin. :(

yeah, they're all risky by now and he was awesome down the stretch last year, so i figure what the heck. if he sucks or his arm falls off and he CAN'T put it back on himself, then i'll drop his ass and pick up mike maroth and we'll all just move along. but he has UPPPPP-SIDE!!!

so, where should we place the over/under on # of days before ken griffey jr. feel the first twinge of hamstring pain? :D :lol: ;hyper;;:hyper;

I never thought I would be pissed to see Ken Griffey go off the board. I settled for another ancient OF instead.

Almost took Burke instead of Hudson but I don't like the situation in Houston.

I've been targeting him too, but haven't pulled the trigger for the same reason--no job security. They really need to have Biggio at 2nd, because he is a tortorously damaging OF. And it seems Burke is making some errors at 2nd recently.

I took Walker, but Dusty may put Hairston there a lot, so I guess I didn't really solve the "MI with job security" problem either.

Almost took Burke instead of Hudson but I don't like the situation in Houston.

I've been targeting him too, but haven't pulled the trigger for the same reason--no job security. They really need to have Biggio at 2nd, because he is a tortorously damaging OF. And it seems Burke is making some errors at 2nd recently.

I took Walker, but Dusty may put Hairston there a lot, so I guess I didn't really solve the "MI with job security" problem either.

They keep talking about getting another OF as well...just to cloud the issue a little more.

I also thought about Burke but I decided a horrible Cuban pitcher with stage fright and gopheritis would be a better pick. :mad:

I also thought about Burke but I decided a horrible Cuban pitcher with stage fright and gopheritis would be a better pick. :mellow:

Good luck with that. You'll need it. Just when you think you want to cut him loose, he'll throw a gem and then you'll keep him through his 4 next bad starts.