Sign in to follow this  
Bill Swerski

commentarycommentarycommentarycommentarycommentary

So, Joe Blanton is gonna be the greatest peetcher in the history of ever. At least he will be after I suffer through his year of growing pains, drop him so that I can keep Clemens for another year and he's on Noa's roster in 2006.

i almost tooked him too! trade him to me!@#$ :hyper;;;;; :unsure:

Too bad you don't have Pineiro spice or we would have the makings of a deal!@!

A Hole Bernie!

:thumbsdown:

Your first one of the fraft! :sleep:

I like to think it's like the 8th time and that all you disappionted fockers wouldn't give me the satisfaction of being able to ;)

no, this is pretty much the first time I haven't stifled a giggle at your pick. :thumbsdown:

(but I was planning on going Shields/Rincon on the swing...)

no, this is pretty much the first time I haven't stifled a giggle at your pick. :thumbsdown:

(but I was planning on going Shields/Rincon on the swing...)

I think you enjoyed the Jimenez pick.

also I totally knew you were going to take Rincon if I didn't take him there!!@#

posty, I believe that Lo Duca is neither elligible for OF nor plays for LA :mad:

Yahoo has him listed as C, OF... I messed up on the team, meant FLA...

posty, I believe that Lo Duca is neither elligible for OF nor plays for LA  :mad:

2004 appearances by position for Lo Duca:

C: 130

1B: 3

2B: 0

SS: 0

3B: 0

OF: 9

DH: 0

I think he needs 20 to be eligible at OF

posty, I believe that Lo Duca is neither elligible for OF nor plays for LA  :mad:

How are you going to be able to enforce that at Yahoo? When picking up people and such in the future, people aren't going to sit there and say, "Gee, how many games did he actually play there last year?"

That isn't going to happen.

if that's true then this will be the even worser worstest league evar!@## :mad:

How are you going to be able to enforce that at Yahoo? When picking up people and such in the future, people aren't going to sit there and say, "Gee, how many games did he actually play there last year?"

Torrid is just going to have to enforce it, because we sure aren't changing the elligibility requirements after the draft.

Torrid is just going to have to enforce it, because we sure aren't changing the elligibility requirements after the draft.

That is going to be A LOT of work on torrid, that I am sure that he won't want to do...

You are going to have to go with the current host and if you don't like the roster layouts, we should go back to CBS...

That is going to be A LOT of work on torrid, that I am sure that he won't want to do...

You are going to have to go with the current host and if you don't like the roster layouts, we should go back to CBS...

I thought 20 games was the default for Yahoo, if not, what is it?

I thought 20 games was the default for Yahoo, if not, what is it?

From Yahoo rules...

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/baseball/baseball-09.html

At the beginning of the Fantasy Baseball season, Yahoo! Sports placed all players into positions based in part on information from official rosters, but focusing mainly on past performance. Some players appear in multiple position lists and are eligible to fill any of those positions.

Please note the following conditions that apply to a player's position eligibility.

1. A player's position eligibility will not be adjusted prior to the beginning of the season. (If a player in Spring Training is playing "new" position, that position will not appear until a player has met the criteria for a change.)

2. Players will not lose eligibility at a previously established position at any time. (For example, if a catcher-eligible player begins to play first base exclusively, he will remain eligible at catcher for the entire season.)

3. It is not possible to customize this setting within Custom Leagues. All leagues are subject to the same constraints.

Gaining eligibility at a new position:

If a position player makes five (5) starts or 10 total appearances at a new position during this season, he will become eligible to play that position in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.

Pitchers need to make three starts to become eligible as a starter and five relief appearances to qualify as a reliever.

To find the number of games in which a player has appeared at a certain position, click on their name. You will be taken to their Player Profile. From there, click on the "Career" link. You will be able to view the player's statistics for the season, and the number of games played at each position.

Players will not necessarily be eligible for all positions listed in their Player Profile.

it appears that the in-season eligibility rules are consistent with ours, but i wonder what they use to determine eligibility heading into a season if it's not 20 games played. :thumbsup:

i knew you'd love that one!@# trade me blanton for him!@#$ hyp;er;;;; <_<

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=114312

Bunster's take on the issue that I was using as the rule.

I understand that, but with Yahoo doing it different, it is going to be a massive headache to police the issue...

Like Nate said, it apepars their in season eligibility rules match up with ours, I don't see how they determine eligibility prior to the season though . Unless I'm just dumb and missed it, which is entirely possible.

cheers everyone, i'm done with my portion of the draft, lets follow up the draft with a little post draft review/coverage?

cheers everyone, i'm done with my portion of the draft, lets follow up the draft with a little post draft review/coverage?

Since you have all this free time now, why don't you start <_<

From the thread with the rules:

A player is eligible to be drafted at any position at which he appeared in 20 games or more during the preceding season. Players making their MLB debut are eligible at the position either that they played most during the most recently completed Spring Training, or at the position recommended by the external stats source of record (currently Yahoo!). All players who did not play more than 20 games last season are eligible at the position they played the most games at. Once a player plays a new position for 5 games in the current season, they will be eligible at that position as well.

There has always been the potential for disagreement between BOSMOSPOF rules and the eligibility designations of the host.

The prior-season eligibility is unaffected by Yahoo. A player MUST have 20 appearances at a position to qualify the following year for that position. Paul DoLuca does not, based on this report of his service time, qualify for OF, no matter what Yahoo says. When Yahoo is less restrictive than our own rules, our own rules will take precedence. When Yahoo's rules are more restrictive than ours, unfortunately we must live with Yahoo's designation.

Understanding the player's eligibility based on OUR rules is the responsibility of the owner. If it's found that a player has been used at a position for which he is ineligible, that player's stats will be removed, and replaced under the rules by an eligible player.

However, it's beginning to concern me that it appears Commissioners in Yahoo have very little power to adjust lineups retroactively. Last year was a very good year in terms of roster warnings--there were only a couple. If it turns out that I can't move players around after the fact, we're going to have to agree on some other kind of punishment to offset my inability to adjust stats. I would propose a two-week ban on add/drop and trades for first offense in a season, followed by a one-month ban, followed by a season-long ban.

Comments?

From the thread with the rules:

A player is eligible to be drafted at any position at which he appeared in 20 games or more during the preceding season. Players making their MLB debut are eligible at the position either that they played most during the most recently completed Spring Training, or at the position recommended by the external stats source of record (currently Yahoo!). All players who did not play more than 20 games last season are eligible at the position they played the most games at. Once a player plays a new position for 5 games in the current season, they will be eligible at that position as well.

There has always been the potential for disagreement between BOSMOSPOF rules and the eligibility designations of the host.

The prior-season eligibility is unaffected by Yahoo. A player MUST have 20 appearances at a position to qualify the following year for that position. Paul DoLuca does not, based on this report of his service time, qualify for OF, no matter what Yahoo says. When Yahoo is less restrictive than our own rules, our own rules will take precedence. When Yahoo's rules are more restrictive than ours, unfortunately we must live with Yahoo's designation.

Understanding the player's eligibility based on OUR rules is the responsibility of the owner. If it's found that a player has been used at a position for which he is ineligible, that player's stats will be removed, and replaced under the rules by an eligible player.

However, it's beginning to concern me that it appears Commissioners in Yahoo have very little power to adjust lineups retroactively. Last year was a very good year in terms of roster warnings--there were only a couple. If it turns out that I can't move players around after the fact, we're going to have to agree on some other kind of punishment to offset my inability to adjust stats. I would propose a two-week ban on add/drop and trades for first offense in a season, followed by a one-month ban, followed by a season-long ban.

Comments?

Well yeah, but it will be falling on deaf ears...

So since LoDuca doesn't qualify by the rules, what if I want to change my pick and I was targeting someone else that already was drafted after me?

not possible, sorry. The rules on this have not changed, and they have been posted and pinned at the top for several days now.

You might want to update the Round 20 post title to reflect that Hairball is on the clock. It only shows one pick being made and Ditka as the pickmaker. It's out of order for him and may cause confuxoration.