Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

Troy Glaus Eligibility Question

He was hurt last year and played 19 games at 3rd and 39 games at DH. Am I right to assume, he is not eligible at 3rd???

I picked up power hitting 3rd baseman Bill "Boom Boom" Mueller at the end of the draft just in case. :unsure:

He was hurt last year and played 19 games at 3rd and 39 games at DH.  Am I right to assume, he is not eligible at 3rd???

I picked up power hitting 3rd baseman Bill "Boom Boom" Mueller at the end of the draft just in case.  :unsure:

my ruling on this would be:

Since there is no DH position acknowledged in BOSMOSPOF, in my view they cannot count as games towards eligibility. It's as if he never played those games.

Based on this, among the BOSMOSPOF-eligible positions Glaus was credited for, while 3B represents fewer than 20 games, it is the most at any position, and thus Glaus is eligible at 3B.

[/gavel]

I would have drafted Frank Thomas or Erubiel Durazo in that case. DH doesn't exist and they played at 1B last year, thus, they are 1B.

I would have drafted Frank Thomas or Erubiel Durazo in that case. DH doesn't exist and they played at 1B last year, thus, they are 1B.

Exactly true, Swerski.

I would have drafted Frank Thomas or Erubiel Durazo in that case.  DH doesn't exist and they played at 1B last year, thus, they are 1B.

Exactly true, Swerski.

And I could then play Durazo or Thomas at 1B/CI from the start of the season?

But as it stands right now, Durazo and Frank Thomas are not in the game because they are DH only and we don't have a DH or Util spot to play them...

But as it stands right now, Durazo and Frank Thomas are not in the game because they are DH only and we don't have a DH or Util spot to play them...

No, they both played 1B last year.

awww, fock.

Yeah, you're right. I'm being inconsistent. We've disallowed DH players in the past where 20 games were not played somewhere eligible.

Glaus can't play until he gets five games in this year. Sorry for the confusion.

I figured that to be the case.

No worries, a Bill Mueller, Mike Cuddyer platoon will carry me during thos 5 games.

No, they both played 1B last year.

But if you go into the league and do a search on their last name, you won't find them...