Sign in to follow this  
Miller_Time_21

Trade

NTAC gives: Warrick Dunn & 2.12 (2005 draft)

Folston Comets gives: Rights to Folston Commets 1st round pick

Obviously my depth allows me to take a chance on this deal. Dunn is a very good security blanket to have, but taking a chance that long term, this pick could turn into a special player.

Wow, this has to be the most retarded offseason display ever. How Folston plans to ever have a top young RB to build around when he deals all his #1's away is beyond me and what does Warrick Dunn really do long term? He's in RBBC and besides that he's about 30 now.

Miller should be arrested and Folston should be barred from making any more deals until his mental health can be certified.

I need $25 bones from each of you no later than 17 Apr 2005.

Rules are rules.................... :mad:

don't care either way, but isn't it just $25 if you trade away the picks?

Aren't you a leauge advisor.... :mad:

You should know the rules..... :mad:

TITLE V

PLAYER SELECTION

1. The league commissioner shall conduct our annual draft, in which all owners in the league shall select players for the upcoming season. The league commissioner shall set-up the method of the draft. Each owner shall be entitled to participate in the draft, and may select any player available in the drafting pool (all rookies and free agents).

2. Our annual draft shall consist of four (4) rounds…1-12, 1-12, 1-12, 1-12 (not serpentine). The trading of draft picks are not only allowed, it is encouraged. In the event that an owner trades away a future year’s draft pick, each owner involved in said trade must pay one-half of the dues for the next year within two weeks of processed trade date.

Aren't you a leauge advisor.... :mad:

You should know the rules..... :mad:

TITLE V

PLAYER SELECTION

1. The league commissioner shall conduct our annual draft, in which all owners in the league shall select players for the upcoming season. The league commissioner shall set-up the method of the draft. Each owner shall be entitled to participate in the draft, and may select any player available in the drafting pool (all rookies and free agents).

2. Our annual draft shall consist of four (4) rounds…1-12, 1-12, 1-12, 1-12 (not serpentine). The trading of draft picks are not only allowed, it is encouraged. In the event that an owner trades away a future year’s draft pick, each owner involved in said trade must pay one-half of the dues for the next year within two weeks of processed trade date.

:mad:

Wow, this has to be the most retarded offseason display ever. How Folston plans to ever have a top young RB to build around when he deals all his #1's away is beyond me and what does Warrick Dunn really do long term? He's in RBBC and besides that he's about 30 now.

Miller should be arrested and Folston should be barred from making any more deals until his mental health can be certified.

No kidding. Seems like Folston has practically traded Miller his entire draft for the next 2 years. And what does Folston have to show for it? Warrick Dunn and Jimmy Smith? Ouch.

However, I like any deal that makes it a little easier for me to climb the standings in my division, and there have been several so far this offseason.

Keep it up South! :angry:

Wow, this has to be the most retarded offseason display ever.    How Folston plans to ever have a top young RB to build around when he deals all his #1's away is beyond me and what does Warrick Dunn really do long term?    He's in RBBC and besides that he's about 30 now.

No kidding. Seems like Folston has practically traded Miller his entire draft for the next 2 years. And what does Folston have to show for it? Warrick Dunn and Jimmy Smith? Ouch.

However, I like any deal that makes it a little easier for me to climb the standings in my division, and there have been several so far this offseason.

Keep it up South! :bandana:

JImmy Smith??? Ummm I never traded anyone Jimmy. :P

Wow, this has to be the most retarded offseason display ever.    How Folston plans to ever have a top young RB to build around when he deals all his #1's away is beyond me and what does Warrick Dunn really do long term?    He's in RBBC and besides that he's about 30 now.

Keep it up South! :huh:

JImmy Smith??? Ummm I never traded anyone Jimmy. ;)

Well, then, it's even worse than I thought. :(

1st congrats to MT again.

2nd

We have reached the point with this owner who has now reached Atlanta Child Killer-type status...Sabotaging a team. Something has gotta be done. At this point we are going to have to pay someone to take this team over.

I think at this point, we might finally all agree on this.

1st congrats to MT again.

2nd

We have reached the point with this owner who has now reached Atlanta Child Killer-type status...Sabotaging a team.  Something has gotta be done.  At this point we are going to have to pay someone to take this team over. 

I think at this point, we might finally all agree on this.

:clap:

You B!tch when someone is inactive, you B!tch when someone is active and it's not to your liking. I think FC has proven over the years that he is an active member of the league. You may disagree with his moves, hell I sure can't figure out what he's trying to do, but it's not my team, so really I don't give a rat's ass. As long as he continues to be active and follows the rules as far as paying due and such, what they hell are you worried about? You've made some moves guys didn't agree with either my friend.

The calling for somone's head in this league is getting real focking old!! First it was hammer, now it's Folston, give it a focking rest.

:first:

See the South Shall Rise thread...I have no problem with owners making moves as they see fit. I do worry about the marketing of teams in the future, however, given some of our current rules.

See the South Shall Rise thread...I have no problem with owners making moves as they see fit.  I do worry about the marketing of teams in the future, however, given some of our current rules.

I agree, but in this case, what has FC done to expect him to bail? He has been one of the most active owners this offseason, only 2 owners have more trades this offseason. I don't agree with all his deals, and think there are some moves that look extremely questionable, but it's his team, and he is running it. As long as he pays his $25 for next year, I don't see where any owner has a case to call this guy out like he has been by Tuna. If someone has concerns, that's what we have a commissioner for, express them to him in a private manner. I just feel confrontations like this and others in the past are counter productive for the league.

And to be clear, i would be in favor of the full fee for someone trading away future picks. But that is a different matter IMO.

I agree, but in this case, what has FC done to expect him to bail?

Not a thing...I think what worries people is that, after the season is over and he evaluates his team and his prospects for the future (especially without a 1st round pick), he may make an economic decision. But who knows....I think he's in it for the long-haul, seeing that he's been so active.

I agree, but in this case, what has FC done to expect him to bail?

Not a thing...I think what worries people is that, after the season is over and he evaluates his team and his prospects for the future (especially without a 1st round pick), he may make an economic decision. But who knows....I think he's in it for the long-haul, seeing that he's been so active.

It doesn't worry me - I welcome it. It's the only way I expect that team to be a competitive part of the league. :first:

People really need to get off Folston's ass.

It is his team and he can manage it the way he wants. I've already spoken to him about some of the trades and he is aware that he will never live them down but he wants to play for now.....not the future so much, which is his perogative.

I feel deja vu just typing this shiat because we went through this with Hammer.

If anyone wants to biatch.....please take Miller's advice and e-mail me directly. Our league doesn't need this crap.

I also agree with some of the rule suggestions in the other thread. BUt I will promise you this......I "ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE" that I will always find a replacement if someone decides to bail....no matter how bad the team is.

Let's look at Folston's possible starting line-up for shiat's and giggles:

Team Now

Delhomme

Droughns or Suggs (whoever gets the starting nod)

Dunn

Mushy-Mu

J. Smith

Keyshawn or A. Bryant or M. Moore (who might get the starting gig in Minny...no one knows for sure)

And a 1st (late), 2nd, 3rd, & 4th round pick 2005 but no 1st round pick in 2006 so far...

Team Before Trades in Question

Delhomme or Bulger

Suggs (which may not start)

Moore (who might get the starting gig in Minny...no one knows for sure)

Mushy-Mu

J. Smith

J. Walker

And a 1st (early), 2nd, 3rd, & 4th round pick 2005 but a 1st round pick in 2006

What team looks better?

Before the trades he might not have one starting RB on his squad.....now he has two.

Before the trades he had a choice between Bulger and Delhomme which are both pretty equal.

Before the trades he had Walker instead of A. Bryant

Before the trade he had an early 1st but now has a late 1st in 2005 & no 1st in 2006

If I had to choose..........I like the team now. It isn't as bad as everyone is portraying it to be. And as DrJ and I showed.......you don't have to be in the top 6 picks to get a decent RB for the future.

Folston's team is fine............he has been here from the beginning and will be here at the end.

People really need to get off Folston's ass.

It is his team and he can manage it the way he wants. I've already spoken to him about some of the trades and he is aware that he will never live them down but he wants to play for now.....not the future so much, which is his perogative.

I feel deja vu just typing this shiat because we went through this with Hammer.

If anyone wants to biatch.....please take Miller's advice and e-mail me directly. Our league doesn't need this crap.

I also agree with some of the rule suggestions in the other thread. BUt I will promise you this......I "ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE" that I will always find a replacement if someone decides to bail....no matter how bad the team is.

Let's look at Folston's possible starting line-up for shiat's and giggles:

Team Now

Delhomme

Droughns or Suggs (whoever gets the starting nod)

Dunn

Mushy-Mu

J. Smith

Keyshawn or A. Bryant or M. Moore (who might get the starting gig in Minny...no one knows for sure)

And a 1st (late), 2nd, 3rd, & 4th round pick 2005 but no 1st round pick in 2006 so far...

Team Before Trades in Question

Delhomme or Bulger

Suggs (which may not start)

Moore (who might get the starting gig in Minny...no one knows for sure)

Mushy-Mu

J. Smith

J. Walker

And a 1st (early), 2nd, 3rd, & 4th round pick 2005 but a 1st round pick in 2006

What team looks better?

Before the trades he might not have one starting RB on his squad.....now he has two.

Before the trades he had a choice between Bulger and Delhomme which are both pretty equal.

Before the trades he had Walker instead of A. Bryant

Before the trade he had an early 1st but now has a late 1st in 2005 & no 1st in 2006

If I had to choose..........I like the team now. It isn't as bad as everyone is portraying it to be. And as DrJ and I showed.......you don't have to be in the top 6 picks to get a decent RB for the future.

Folston's team is fine............he has been here from the beginning and will be here at the end.

Please give it a rest with this high and mighty shiot.

The guys moves suck...in itself no big deal....everyone makes bad deals.

I am not the only party to notice that he appears to be Sabotaging the franchise...again not a problem if the guy is going to stick with it...but i simply caution it appears to be a similar pattern to ACK in SHula.

Finally, it is my right to express my opinion, this is a message board after all. These moves suck ass...fact..yes IMO. You can defend those hideous moves all you want...and rationalize it to protect your own position, but stop wasting your time with me, because i know those moves were not just bad...but assinine IMO.

ANd those opinions are shared by a MAJORITY of this league. Maybe not all others want to banish FC (i didn't say that, i just said "something ought to be done")

Those moves sucked (mostly the Walker deal) and if it behooves the commish of any league to at least be "Concerned" when a team is being sent into a tailspin like that.

For proof of such a disaster...look at the heinous end of the 2002 campaign in Shula and the wreckage left.

I wish FC all the good luck in the future and any illwill was not meant to MT, who made another great deal...I am all for THAT..I marvel at good deals..and wish i made them.....but I am allowed my opinions and i will voice them.

and as far as Hammerheads goes...I told ya so. He is never around as usual, despite his claims to change that. His right, yes, but simply he is a part of this league in name (and standings) only. I stand by my OPINION that he should be bumped if he does not improve his attendence and email return. Plain and simple. ITs MY OPINION that it improves the ENJOYMENT when you actually play in leagues with people you know, and INTERACT with. Getting DR. J, Wahoos and Krispy in this league were awesome moves, b/c they are around.

Everytime Dr J pulls off a great trade, i am the first to AIM him and congratulate him....I often aim or email other members in the league for advice in other leagues....its all one community. If FC hates my guts, i could care less...i don't know him...he is likely a good guy, but he needs to seriously brush up on FF if he thinks about trading Javon Walker for Chester Taylor...HE simply does not belong in a competitive league with top notch players like yourself, MT, JD, DR J, Drag, Purps, ect and so on....(all others as well...i just got tired of listing great owners),

These are my opinions and i hold to them. I hold the same in every league i am in. If you have great owners, they ought to be involved with other great owners...it just makes sense

good night! :cheers:

Team 1 vs Team 2: Javon Walker scored more than Warrick Dunn, is a WR, and is way younger. Him alone causes Team 2 to blow team 1 out of the water and that doesn't take into account Bulger being better than any QB he has now and the entire draft mortgaging.

The moves suck, there is no way to defend them, and the team isn't better now or in the future.

I'm not going to say he's sabotaging anything, or should be booted, I just accuse him of being very bad at running a dynasty team and fixating himself on RB so much as to lose all sight of player and pick value just to take people's scraps.

Team 1 vs Team 2: Javon Walker scored more than Warrick Dunn, is a WR, and is way younger. Him alone causes Team 2 to blow team 1 out of the water and that doesn't take into account Bulger being better than any QB he has now and the entire draft mortgaging.

The moves suck, there is no way to defend them, and the team isn't better now or in the future.

I'm not going to say he's sabotaging anything, or should be booted, I just accuse him of being very bad at running a dynasty team and fixating himself on RB so much as to lose all sight of player and pick value just to take people's scraps.

Did his trades suck in most FFers eyes....yes. Would I have made them....no. But now that the milk has been spilt you have to look at the total outcome. And all I am saying is that the outcome isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. The trades themselves were bad because he could have gotten more value then he did....that I will agree on.

But let's look at the outcome as I explained in my previous post.

Before the trades he had to "hope and pray" that he had "ONE" starting RB. He would have to pray that Suggs/Moore won the starting job. And if they didn't....talk about last place.

But now he has "TWO" definite starting RB's...........are they LT2 and Priest,...no but they are at least starters.

I am going to laugh my ass off "if" he ends up with a better record than the people biatching. It will definitely be an uphill battle but you never know with fantasy football.

The guys moves suck...in itself no big deal....everyone makes bad deals.

I am not the only party to notice that he appears to be Sabotaging the franchise...again not a problem if the guy is going to stick with it...but i simply caution it appears to be a similar pattern to ACK in SHula.

Finally, it is my right to express my opinion, this is a message board after all.  These moves suck ass...fact..yes IMO.  You can defend those hideous moves all you want...and rationalize it to protect your own position, but stop wasting your time with me, because i know those moves were not just bad...but assinine IMO.

ANd those opinions are shared by a MAJORITY of this league.  Maybe not all others want to banish FC (i didn't say that, i just said "something ought to be done")

Those moves sucked (mostly the Walker deal) and if it behooves the commish of any league to at least be "Concerned" when a team is being sent into a tailspin like that.

For proof of such a disaster...look at the heinous end of the 2002 campaign in Shula and the wreckage left.

I wish FC all the good luck in the future and any illwill was not meant to MT, who made another great deal...I am all for THAT..I marvel at good deals..and wish i made them.....but I am allowed my opinions and i will voice them.

and as far as Hammerheads goes...I told ya so.  He is never around as usual, despite his claims to change that.  His right, yes, but simply he is a part of this league in name (and standings) only.  I stand by my OPINION that he should be bumped if he does not improve his attendence and email return.  Plain and simple.  ITs MY OPINION that it improves the ENJOYMENT when you actually play in leagues with people you know, and INTERACT with.  Getting DR. J, Wahoos and Krispy in this league were awesome moves, b/c they are around.

Everytime Dr J pulls off a great trade, i am the first to AIM him and congratulate him....I often aim or email other members in the league for advice in other leagues....its all one community.  If FC hates my guts, i could care less...i don't know him...he is likely a good guy, but he needs to seriously brush up on FF if he thinks about trading Javon Walker for Chester Taylor...HE simply does not belong in a competitive league with top notch players like yourself, MT, JD, DR J, Drag, Purps, ect and so on....(all others as well...i just got tired of listing great owners),

These are my opinions and i hold to them.  I hold the same in every league i am in.  If you have great owners, they ought to be involved with other great owners...it just makes sense

good night! :cheers:

Tuna...........

You are who you are...........I know that. I play in a lot of leagues with you. You are a very good fantasy footballer so please don't take this the wrong way but...........

I am willing to bet $1000 that you quit this league before Folston does. He has been here since day one and will stay throught the good and the bad. Just my humble opinion............ :thumbsup:

One more thing..........

Does being in the United States military for over 20 years make me "Mighty"? :unsure:

Becuase I know when I retire next month I am definitely going to be "High". :doublethumbsup:

Fair enough, and i respect your opinion, and i truly hope FC does stick it out as i mentioned before....

Good luck to all......

i have Chris Perry everyone! I am holding out for a top 5 WR, though :sleep: :thumbsup:

i have Chris Perry everyone! I am holding out for a top 5 WR, though :bench: :sleep:

Now that's funny as shiat........ :thumbsup:

Guys I understand you don't like the deals i've done. I haven't replied because some I know are stretches and everyone has the right to sound off about it. It's what I like about the forums. I'm not trying to rebuild for a couple of years i'm looking to improve and compete this year. I appreciate those owners who have argued on my behalf. What angers me are the owners who think i'm "sabotaging" my team. For what reason would I do that? Do I know you? DO you know me? You question my character and talk about how the majority of the league feels the same way? Fine here is my e-mail address KLATU51466@aol.com. Feel free to be man enough to send me your reason. I don't belong in this league? Because you guys are what? Pro Fantasy Football Owners? Please for god sake don't take yourself so serious. I've sent my money and i'm going to do what I can to make the playoffs this year and improve my team as I go. If the majority of the league wants me gone or dealt with then I will go along with that. I'll even let the league keep the $50 league fee for this year. That way you won't have a hard time finding an owner who can play for free.

Malcolm

Guys I understand you don't like the deals i've done. I haven't replied because some I know are stretches and everyone has the right to sound off about it. It's what I like about the forums. I'm not trying to rebuild for a couple of years i'm looking to improve and compete this year. I appreciate those owners who have argued on my behalf. What angers me are the owners who think i'm "sabotaging" my team. For what reason would I do that? Do I know you? DO you know me? You question my character and talk about how the majority of the league feels the same way? Fine here is my e-mail address KLATU51466@aol.com. Feel free to be man enough to send me your reason. I don't belong in this league? Because you guys are what? Pro Fantasy Football Owners? Please for god sake don't take yourself so serious. I've sent my money and i'm going to do what I can to make the playoffs this year and improve my team as I go. If the majority of the league wants me gone or dealt with then I will go along with that. I'll even let the league keep the $50 league fee for this year. That way you won't have a hard time finding an owner who can play for free.

Malcolm

:huh: Your not going anywhere, cause the day this league boots an owner who is active just b/c they don't like the deals they make is the day you'll find my team up for a new owner as well.

Now let's all get along and get back to the league at hand!

:thumbsdown:

I have another one of the these to claim this year! :first:

Guys I understand you don't like the deals i've done.  I haven't replied because some I know are stretches and everyone has the right to sound off about it.  It's what I like about the forums.  I'm not trying to rebuild for a couple of years i'm looking to improve and compete this year.  I appreciate those owners who have argued on my behalf.    What angers me are the owners who think i'm "sabotaging" my team.  For what reason would I do that?  Do I know you?  DO you know me?  You question my character and talk about how the majority of the league feels the same way?  Fine here is my e-mail address KLATU51466@aol.com.  Feel free to be man enough to send me your reason.  I don't belong in this league?  Because you guys are what?  Pro Fantasy Football Owners?  Please for god sake don't take yourself so serious.  I've sent my money and i'm going to do what I can to make the playoffs this year and improve my team as I go.  If the majority of the league wants me gone or dealt with then I will go along with that.  I'll even let the league keep the $50 league fee for this year.  That way you won't have a hard time finding an owner who can play for free. 

Malcolm

Your not going anywhere, cause the day this league boots an owner who is active just b/c they don't like the deals they make is the day you'll find my team up for a new owner as well.

:cry:

I have another one of the these to claim this year! :mellow:

:thumbsup: Fluke year.

(Although this year, your squad is better........dambit!)

So, is the time when we do a big group reacharound?

:puke:

nah, but the playoffs are the time when a do my yearly bending over of the Doctor of Schmegs!!!! :ph34r:

nah, but the playoffs are the time when a do my yearly bending over of the Doctor of Schmegs!!!! :ph34r:

:rolleyes: :thumbsup: :cheers: :lol:

Folston's $25 bones received................

If Miller doesn't meet the deadline the trade is VOIDED :ph34r:

:wall: Your check's in the mail! :wall:

:mad: Your check's in the mail! :wub:

Check received................ :mad:

But I think I am still going to VOID the trade due to me feeling like it :mad:

So this is Warrick Dunn and 2.12 in 05 for 1.07 in 06.

Looks like Folston did well in this deal in the end, thanks to some terrific luck this season.