Sign in to follow this  
ballbusters2003

Colors in Draft Buddy - Tip

I used the Draft Buddy last year and it is an excellent tool. I recommend it to anyone. One thing I feel Mike left out last year was color. Differentiating positions using color I feel is very valuable. It allows you to pick up on trends and other information much quicker because each position has a color assigned to it. So I took it upon myself to add color formatting last year.

I'm glad to see Mike added this functionality this year. However, I find it most valuable on the "Draft Input" tab but this tab doesn't seem to have color formatting.

To add this I simply looked for an empty column next to the input fields. Have that column link to the position column (i.e. RB, WR, etc.). Then use the conditional formatting function to assign a different color to each position (ie. RB=blue, WR=red, and QB=green). This way you can quickly see trends as you input each player and track the draft. Just thought I'd share.

Mike...you may want to look into adding something like this to the next update.

Thanks.

Can you outline the exact steps to link these 2 columns for us idiots?

When I go to edit, links is not highlighted.

TIA

Hey bb, the name fits. Can't get everything in there :rolleyes:

You know, without me trying this, couldn't you just conditional format the Pos column instead of linking to another cell?

Oh, I guess I already have a bunch of conditional formats in the draft input table, so there are no more options there.

Well Tonecold, I think if you just select the first blank column to the right of the draft input table, then choose Format > Conditional Formatting, input a formula to test what the value in the Pos column is. If (QB, RB, WR, TE, etc.), then format the color you want.

Check the ADP or overall tabs for examples of how I've set it up there.